Short On Cash But Have Free Time?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Short On Cash But Have Free Time?
 PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:54 am Reply with quote  

Thought I'd share this since I know a lot of people are short on cash these days, and to be honest, who doesn't need a little extra money every now and then? There is one catch though, you have to have free time.

The solution: Opinion Outpost https://www.opinionoutpost.com/

It's a survey site that pays you for taking surveys. And they are not a rip off/gimmick site. Plus they offer several payout options. I've been using them for about six months and I've had no complaints. You simply take some anonymous surveys online and they reward you with points that can be exchanged for money (I typically go for the Amazon gift cards). Most surveys don't take very long. The real hard part is finding surveys you qualify for. But for the most part, it's a pretty good survey site. They get a lot of surveys, and thus have a lot of opportunities to score points.

I've tried a few survey sites that sucked. Surveys were infrequent, rewards took forever to amount to anything, etc. However, this site has been pretty good. Doesn't take long at all to rack up some dough. It's not a whole lot, but it buys books.

And if anyone knows of better sites (or other good sites) feel free to share them here. (or any other good money making ideas).

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

This is very interesting, and I'll hopefully take this up, so thank you, Skuls!

I do, however, just need to make sure you're the Skuls we know and love, and not an imposter. *Straps Skuls down in a torture chair* What are ze codes for this Imperial sector? Vher is ze Rebel base?

Seriously, though. It is you saying this, Skuls, and not a spammer who's hacked your account?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If I can convince my mom I might try this.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:06 pm Reply with quote  

The Rebel Base it on Dantooine! Laughing

Yes, it's me. It does sound spammish, but hey, I've been having a fun time making money and buying Star Wars stuff. Figured I'd share the riches.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I can vouch for the fact that it is Skuls and he does do those surveys. Usually when I'm trying to talk to him. LOL

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:42 pm Reply with quote  

Every now and then you get a really fun survey where it's like a video game and you walk around in a virtual grocery store and pick out what items you want. The best ones are the movie surveys. Sometimes they show you early trailers for the films, and one of them paid $50.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:41 pm Reply with quote  

hmm this sounds very interesting. Might check it out. I've been toying with the idea of doing something like this to basically give me some fun spending money while not actually putting a dent in my bank account for the stuff i actually need.

Quick question: does this do paypal or actual cash? Not everything can be gotten on Amazon.com so just wondering what the other payments are.

@ Life and others wondering if that is the real Skuldren: I checked the IP address for his original post and it is the same IP used for 532 other posts by Skuldren. Skuldren is also the only forum user to have posted from that IP address. So it is the real Skuldren.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha. Okay, thanks, Salaris! While I was half joking, I must admit I was a little unsure. All signed up. Cheers, Skuls, Salaris.

Though I am sad now. I don't have the opportunity to do any more German interrogator jokes Crying or Very sad
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 10:55 pm Reply with quote  

Just thought I'd bump this to ask how things are going for people who signed up. I haven't gotten around to it (bloody grad school work and all) but thought it would be interesting to find out how people are doing with the whole survey thing.

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I signed up. After two-ish months, I've amassed the grand total of...1. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've overall gotten a total of around $25. Its been worth it though Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote  

Did a 46 pointer the other day and earned around $10 for it. Not too shabby.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't get it. By that reasoning, 20 points should be around a fiver. Yet twenty points on the UK site is 1. Confused

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I don't get it. By that reasoning, 20 points should be around a fiver. Yet twenty points on the UK site is 1. Confused

Every ten points usually rounds out to a dollar, but some wind up being more

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:26 pm Reply with quote  

You have to lie to them and tell them you're a corporate executive who makes all the important business decisions for your company. That pays more Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2