Official Thread for Lightsaber Rattling
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Official Thread for Lightsaber Rattling
 PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Lightsaber Rattling is a terrific resource for Star Wars fans. It is a blog devoted to providing news and commentary about all parts of Star Wars, and is a special friend to EUCantina. The author of Lightsaber Rattling, Pete Morrison, is actually a member of these forums (under the name of his website). In thanks for the countless times that he has used Lightsaber Rattling to support EUCantina, I've made this official thread for his site. Here, Pete can share links to content at Lightsaber Rattling, and also discuss his articles with you and his readers.

Thanks Pete!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Re: Official Thread for Lightsaber Rattling
 PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Alright Lightsaber Rattling getting a thread! (had to be said in semi-song)

I just want to say: Enjoy what you're doing Pete! Keep it up!

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:47 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Great my own thread. No pressure right? I thought Austin was kidding when he mentioned it on twitter.

To Celebrate:

I will be doing more opinion pieces in the off-season of TCW as I will have more non-TCW time, as well as doing some more book reviews.

If anyone has any topics or books they would like to see me tackle feel free to mention in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

LightsaberRattling wrote:

If anyone has any topics or books they would like to see me tackle feel free to mention in this thread.

Hmmm- what have you read vs not read when it comes to your SW and SWEU Pete?

Helps me decide where to send your POV Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mark,

I've read every adult novel except Ruins of Dantooine, read some YJK books, Last of the Jedi series, Tales of the Jedi Omnibus books, first 12-5 issues of Legacy, Dark Empire series. I have only dabbled in the comic world mainly for cost reasons, I tend to read through the graphic novels so fast I feel a bit cheated for something that costs me more then most novels.

I really enjoy re-reading the novels, but there are so many books I can't always decide which one or series to pick up again. Any graphic novel collections you would suggest?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mark,

I've read every adult novel except Ruins of Dantooine, read some YJK books, Last of the Jedi series, Tales of the Jedi Omnibus books, first 12-5 issues of Legacy, Dark Empire series. I have only dabbled in the comic world mainly for cost reasons, I tend to read through the graphic novels so fast I feel a bit cheated for something that costs me more then most novels.

I really enjoy re-reading the novels, but there are so many books I can't always decide which one or series to pick up again. Any graphic novel collections you would suggest?

Re reads- Try reading Jedi Academy Trilogy followed up with I. Jedi- I always find this makes I, Jedi a more complex read.

Another one is to re read Outbound Flight then Survivors Quest- (assuming you read them as I did- Survivor's Quest and THEN Outbound Flight.) I found that reading them as published then in a more chronological fashion changed my perceptions of the story.

As for Graphic novel collections. I really enjoyed the Clone Wars run by Dark Horse- as well as Kotor, Legacy was a good story as well- and is still wrapping up with Legacy: War- ends this next couple months)

For some K'kruhk action (don't ask me why I'm pushing K'kruhk this week- must be the new theme)

Jedi Council: Acts of War
Jedi: Mace Windu
Republic: Clone Wars Vol 8.
Dark Times: Parallels
And Legacy: Ghosts and a few beyond. Mainly Legacy: War.

Ahh K'kruhk- I wish I could have seen your appearance in the [/url-http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Battle_for_the_Republic]Battle for the Republic[/url] game. I wonder if it's still available?

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Lately I have been thinking about the Live Action Series. Some thoughts and a bit of a plea for info regarding the project. "What Ever Happened To The Star Wars Live Action Series?" http://bit.ly/gt00Ct

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm a little worried about how long they can put this off before it's too late. George is turning 67 this year, and while there's no word of health issues, you never know. Also, the older he gets, the more ready he may be to just retire. They have a lot of plans and a lot of things they want to get done at Lucasfilm - I'm not sure they can do them all.

Great article, Pete!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I have NO FEAR. Remember folks - I found DS9 the best Trek out there. so no matter how long it takes I have faith it will come. and if GL's not around.... well I'm excited to see what direction SW will take then.

Cause for me Trek got better when Roddenberry wasn't a part of the direction anymore.

I'm curious if SW will be the same for me. ???

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thanks for the reading suggestion Mark. I have read Survivor's Quest and Outbound Flight in both orders. Kind of scary but I have re-read most books/series 3-4 times and some books more.

It has been awhile since I read JA trilogy, so that followed by I, Jedi and maybe a Rogue Squadron chaser. I love me some Corran Horn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Ya know I have yet to read "I, Jedi"

Been meaning to for like 10 years now but I just... haven't yet. I should get on that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the reading suggestion Mark. I have read Survivor's Quest and Outbound Flight in both orders. Kind of scary but I have re-read most books/series 3-4 times and some books more.

It has been awhile since I read JA trilogy, so that followed by I, Jedi and maybe a Rogue Squadron chaser. I love me some Corran Horn.

YeaH! Another Corran Fan!

@Wookie'Ink- read Jedi Academy trilogy before you do- it'll make the book a better read for you. Wink

-
-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I read the Jedi Academy trilogy yeeeeeears ago. I haven't re-read those books since like a year after I read 'em the first time. I always a fan though.

Last year I had the honor of meeting Kevin J Anderson, that was awesome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:09 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

illogicalRogue2 wrote:

YeaH! Another Corran Fan!

@Wookie'Ink- read Jedi Academy trilogy before you do- it'll make the book a better read for you. Wink

Not only is Corran a great character but without that character and book the EU would be vastly different today. It showed that you could write a book centered on an EU character and it would be successful. Outbound Flight, Allegience, Crosscurrent, Riptide, etc. Hmmmm I sense a column...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I remember being completely confused by I, Jedi, because I didn't understand the funny chronological order of the book. I read it right after Jedi Academy, and I was convinced I'd missed something. So I ended up reading it twice. And loved it both times. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 1 of 3