The Official Thread of We Talk Clones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hey Life....
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:44 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

....... believe it or not, I have passed along this thread and we have all agreed that you should be on the show. BTW this was before Dancelittleewok made the suggestion here on the forums Smile. Stephen, William and I would love to have you on!

Let us know in here if you are interested and I'll give you all the necessary info to contact us directly.

If we can work this out, you will have a lot of fun and we all agree, you have brought some great thoughts here in the forums.

Talk Soon
Your Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Tom, Stephen, William, I'd be absolutely delighted to appear on your show! I've always enjoyed your show, and it sounds like great fun to be a part of!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Episode 407 is up for your listening pleasure, here.

To continue with my thoughts on the previous episode: I loved it! Though that's not really a surprise. In the beginning I was reminded of that Genndy series episode 3, where the artists studied how special forces teams acted in real combat situations, so that they could replicate it with their ARC clones. This reminded me of that, as was astutely observed in the podcast, there was very little actual dialogue beyond commands given.

Beyond that, I was interested in Riley's thoughts on the differences in command techniques. Anakin's lead-from-the-front technique is a great way in ensuring loyalty and boosts morale for the troops, yet also Krell's way is much more tactical. This way he has a better look at the battle as a whole. He can look to his men, as well as at the enemy (whereas Anakin's way gives a more detailed view of what happens in the thick of it, yet may distort the view of the battle as a whole), yet some of the details from said thick of it can be lost, or not observed. This way, too, means that the soldiers beneath the general aren't as enamoured with him, perhaps because they're not included in the way the battle is planned and how it progresses; kept at a distance.

As for the visuals and sound: I thought it was quite brilliant. While I was a little worried at first by the movements of the camera (more shaky, more documentary feel, less sweeping, less Star Wars-y), it was only briefly done in the beginning, before returning to the Star Wars feel. Previously it had been said on the podcast that the visuals were a large step up from previous seasons, yet I disagreed, saying that while they were good, they weren't a great tax on the creators. This one, I feel, was most definitely a tax on the creators' abilities, and one they stepped up to most admirably. Too, the sound was particularly excellent. I don't believe I've ever heard such a screech as the ones the Y-Wings made in their bombing run before in Star Wars.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:49 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm looking forward to hearing Life is the Path on an upcoming episode! :D

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Eep! Embarassed Okay, just remember that it was my first time, and I was really nervous and - and - and it's hard to get a word in!

Hey Life .........
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:20 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Just to let you know, I'm editing the podcast now and you did a really good job. It was a pleasure to have you on and would love to have you on again in the future.

Look for the show later this week. Smile

Your Uncle Kal

(BTW - this is Tom) Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Very Happy Aww, shucks, Kal, you know just how to cheer me up! I thoroughly enjoyed my stint on the show. Thanks! And I'd happily come back. If you ever want me to, you need only ask Smile .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Extremely excited to hear this episode!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Hey, does anybody here know if the Slaves of the Republic adaptation will air before or after Christmas?

Also, is it going to be a duology (Slaves of the Republic and Escape from Kadavo)? Or is Kidnapped (the episode before it) part of it too?

I ask because Slaves of the Republic is one of my favourite Clone Wars stories, and I'm really looking forward to its adaptation. I'll have a lot to talk about when the episode airs, and if I knew the eps were coming in January I'd be all "save me a slot! I'd like to come back and talk Clones more with you guys!!!" But December is a write-off for me so I thought I'd see if you guys knew when those eps are airing.

Thanks!
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Here Ye' All....
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:47 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Hello everyone. Smile

Just letting you'll know that I have posted the latest We Talk Clones podcast over at SoloSound.net. Stephen, Willaim and I would like thank Life is The Path for being on the show. You did a great job and we are looking forward to having you on again.

Now all of you run over to SoloSound.net OR go to the Zune MarketPlace OR head on over to iTunes.

Plus - while your at it - why not review our show, it will help us grow within the Star Wars community.

Thanks. Smile

Your Ever The Pitchman - Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yep, I sound like a plonker Laughing . But it was fun! And not as disastrous as I thought it might have been. Though that may be the wonders of editing Wink .

2 things :-)
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:51 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

@Taral-DLOS: Not sure when those episodes will air. If the Cartoon Network follows the scheduling it's done in the past, we may not see a new episode until after the first of the year.

@Life Is The Path: You sounded fine! I was the one sounded plonker Laughing

Your may not have all the answers Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I beg to differ, Tom! You sound quite cool!

Hey all..... :-) :-) :-) .
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:00 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

What did YOU think of Carnage of Krell? If you heard our thoughts on the podcast (Thanks go out to Mark for being on the show) you now that we all LOVED it.

Let us know here or over on Facebook. And, why not head over to iTunes or the Zune MarketPlace and leave a review.

Thanks all

Your Uncle Kal

P.S. Thanks Life - you did great job. I believe sounded better then me Wink

Re: Hey all..... :-) :-) :-) .
 PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kal_Skirata wrote:
What did YOU think of Carnage of Krell? If you heard our thoughts on the podcast (Thanks go out to Mark for being on the show) you now that we all LOVED it.

Let us know here or over on Facebook. And, why not head over to iTunes or the Zune MarketPlace and leave a review.

Thanks all

Your Uncle Kal

P.S. Thanks Life - you did great job. I believe sounded better then me Wink

Still going on about how great that episode was! I was only bummed that the site drops the 1st episode off when the 4th came live. Alas.. can't win them all.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Official Forum of Solo Sound

Page 5 of 6