What's your LEAST favorite Alien Species from the movies?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:
Wookiees.

It's an entire race of Bigfoot. And Bigfoot is lame.

Shocked

You've got to be kidding, right?

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote  

Obviously Vile doesn't like the Jack's Links commercials. Laughing

And I actually liked the fat Gungans. I thought Boss Nass was interesting.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I love the Jack Link's commercials and I fail to see how Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) and Wookiees are lame. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
.... I fail to see how Bigfoots (Bigfeet?) and Wookiees are lame. Confused

Both that and how the two have anything to do with each other.
Could Bigfoot do this? :
I don't think so Wink

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:14 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Agreed about Quadinaros' species. I'm willing to cut Sy Snootles' species a break since she killed Ziro the Hutt. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ewoks.

Don't hate me for this- I only have them as least favorite- because they were never to me that ferocious. Sure they win the day at the end of RotJ, but there was IMO nothing showing then as ferocious. Clever yeah, brave sure. But ferocious.... they could have been re done to look more fierce to me.

Like Fizgig versions of mini Wookiees. Laughing

Now Hutts... I'm saddened by the sudden reversal of the Hutt's impervious skin. for a race that lives for centuries having them be so thick skinned made more sense. It was harder then the 9 hells to kill one- which makes sense that they are long lived- but not that they aren't.... we'll their advanced age is less due to genetics and more to do with luck and being super paranoid.

So losing that impervious skin has reduced the "coolness" of the Hutts in my eyes.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Gungans > Ewoks

As far as the weakening of Hutt skin, I really don't care, I'm just glad Ziro's dead. Never liked that guy.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:15 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DarkSideSon wrote:

As far as the weakening of Hutt skin, I really don't care, I'm just glad Ziro's dead. Never liked that guy.

See I didn't mind them killing Ziro. it was the HOW... and how that one HOW effects the species as presented in all older materials.

Getting back to long lived species don't generally die easy if they did they wouldn't be that long lived. They would be virtually extinct since they grow so slowly and typically have one offspring at a birth.

The difficulty to kill factor of the Hutts was part of the few plus sides of being a Hutt. They have lost some of their allure through the how of Ziro and Torpo's deaths. Although I'm ok with a lightsaber doing the job so Torpo's ok Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:43 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I still say Ziro is an experiment gone wrong. Razz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I always liked the Ewoks. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:41 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I love Ewoks, always have

YUB YUB!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I loved the Ewoks too.
To me the fact that they weren't ferocious made them all the more believable. They where the peace loving tribal people sucked up in a bigger conflict.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Lord Ree'dius wrote:
I loved the Ewoks too.
To me the fact that they weren't ferocious made them all the more believable. They where the peace loving tribal people sucked up in a bigger conflict.

It's funny- I'm at the comic store today flipping through Dark Horse presents determining if the 4-5 pages are worth the 7.99 or so it's priced at, when I hear some Magic players discussing why they hated the Ewoks and how they weren't ferocious enough for this guy. And the store owners wife sees me- (knows I podcast on EUCast and The Bothan Report) and goes "And what do YOU think Mr. Mark?"

To which I laughed and said that to a degree, I agreed with the guy. That sure they set up traps, but it would have really sold it had the Ewoks been more miniature wookiees. But then when I think of the Ewoks I think of them in multiple lights. When you watch the Ewok cartoons you're hearing things in Ewokese and so you're able to understand them and this changes your pov, oh and Tarfang. Tarfang is what I think of when I think of an Ewok! (Or better put what an Ewok should have been lol)

So I think that the idea of the Ewoks works, but the delivery isn't so much fierce as it is well thought out. I mean how did the Empire miss the HUGE TREES HANGING waiting to smash some unsuspecting AT-ST.... lol

I guess I'm saying if George decided to make the Ewoks' scenes more intense by adding better digital flyers, or other attacks by the Ewoks, I'd be happy with that. The Ewoks were the only thing that drug for me. Once the threat of devour is gone, they became all Clanny (my Buffy'izm for the day) and lovable. But Tarfang... if I imagined a group of similar Ewoks... that IS Scary!

-
-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
So I think that the idea of the Ewoks works, but the delivery isn't so much fierce as it is well thought out. I mean how did the Empire miss the HUGE TREES HANGING waiting to smash some unsuspecting AT-ST.... lol

I guess I'm saying if George decided to make the Ewoks' scenes more intense by adding better digital flyers, or other attacks by the Ewoks, I'd be happy with that. The Ewoks were the only thing that drug for me. Once the threat of devour is gone, they became all Clanny (my Buffy'izm for the day) and lovable. But Tarfang... if I imagined a group of similar Ewoks... that IS Scary!

A group of Tarfangs would be fiercer, but would also make the Ewoks into something else altogether.
I just think that the Ewoks are supposed to be who they are to make a point.
They are a clanny and loveable bunch that decide to get involved in a conflict from which they could have stayed clear only because they think it's the right thing to do.
And they do this even though they know that the enemy is more powerfull and advanced than they are. I think that makes it about a tale about heroism om part of the ewoks. To me that is a big part of the story in ROTJ.
If they where a more fierce species they would have likely fought for different reasons or killed Leia and the others before it even came to that.

And just think what would have happend with poor Cindel if she would have been found by a tribe of angry Tarfangs Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

You see, I'm a bit of a history buff, and I can't help but compare the battle of Endor to various battles between the Zulus and the British Empire. The closest I can find, that corrolates with the battle, is Islandwana. Taking that into account, tweaking it so that the facts fit, then I have no problem with Ewoks winning.

Anyway. To be honest, I don't think any species has ever done anything to make me dislike the species as a whole. Certain characters, yes, but then they're not representative of the whole lot. Look at the Bothans. On one hand, you have Borsk Fey'lia, and on the other you have General Krey'fey.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Movie Saga

Page 2 of 4