Ree'dius' Star Wars Fan Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
I'm liking the Huntress! Big shiny knife Razz

I wonder what that planet is, on the poster?

That poster/scroll on the wall could be a map to a Sith Tomb on Tython or Prakith or some such place. As I made it and the details up because I thought it would look good I don't want to name the place and later hear that i've gotten it all wrong.

I want to try another Huntress drawing soon though, because there are enough things in this drawing that I think could go better next time.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here are two other works I've posted on DA today:

Tek Novile
Quote:
This was to be my entry for The Clone Wars Magazines "design a separatist" competition.
They said you could enter by e-mail, but seem to have never bothered to empty their email account because all I got where failed delivery messages. Sad So in the end this character never got submitted....

But here I can at least present my OC to you.
This is Tek Novile (as in technophyle Wink ). He's a cybercriminal who sacrificed parts of his brain to be augmented with cyber implants that gives him acces and control over certain computer controled systems and allow him to hack and interact with machinery like only a highly specialized droid could.
His implants also give him direct conrol over his two upgraded Seperatist Recon Droids and allows him to remotely conrol them and to share their line of sight.

Streets of Nal Hutta
Quote:
A Hutt and his T'landa Til servant discussing business while taking a stroll through the backstreets of one of Nal Hutta's cities.

I love the Hutts so a drawing about Nal Hutta had to be done. I also thought that there are way to few mentions and pictures related to T'landa Till, who if you now their backstory, are a sevant species and are also related to the Hutts. They should be quite prominent in Hutt space.
So here's my take on one. I looked at the reference pic I found on Wookieepedia, but didn't find it Hutt-like enough. So I tweaked it a little to get the above t'Landa Til. ( I most say here that I was never pleased with the description of the Til as they look like rhinos, but are related to Hutts who are essentially slugs)
I also included a Nuna and a Toydarian in there. As the Toydarians are also a Hutt servant species I think their presence on Nal Hutta is very likely.

As far as the coloring of the piece: I've been messing around with textures and fading such quite a bit here and although there are some things things that didn't come out as great as i would have liked, Im still quite pleased with it.

Everything in it is copyrighted by George Lucas off course. Wink

I hope you'll enjoy them Smile

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

Last edited by Lord Ree'dius on Fri May 06, 2011 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote  

I really like the Tek Novile piece, that turned out really well. Looks like something you'd see in a Star Wars reference book.

And kudos for drawing a T'landa Til. That's the first one I've ever seen in color Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks, Skuldren! Smile

Yeah, I thought it weird that there weren't more images of the t'landa Til species around.
At least there is one now even though it's only a fans take on it.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Looking good! That Til, it looks familiar. Was it that species of which you can't actually pronounce its real name? I remember that from KOTOR but can't be sure.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Looking good! That Til, it looks familiar. Was it that species of which you can't actually pronounce its real name? I remember that from KOTOR but can't be sure.

Thanks!
The t'Landa Til are not the KOTOR species with the two heads. It's a species that was introduced in A.C. Crispin's Han Solo Trilogy as being a species related en in servitude to the Hutts. I tweaked the original design a little to make it look a little more Hutt related and a little less Rhino-like.
This is the "official" reference pic I looked at:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:48 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here's another piece I recently finished:

Darth Bane meets the Orbalisks

Quote:
A scene from the novel, Darth Bane: Rule of Two by Drew Kapryshyn.
Darth Bane finds Freedon Nadd's Holocron in Nadd's tomb on Dxun, but also finds another surprise there. Parasitic creatures called Orbalisks live in the tomb and try to latch on to Bane as soon as he gets within reach.
The Orbalisks were drawn with the depiction from the book The Wildlife of Star Wars: A field guide as a reference.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:45 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice! I like his armour. I always envisioned him in the classic hood and robes, but this looks more like the OR Sith. Which, I realise, he was.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I finished another drawing. This time it's one of Kashyyyk:

Quote:
A young wookiee warrior overlooking Kashyyyk's tree cities in the morning.

And I also posted this one on my deviant art page. It's the same as my other Darth Bane piece, but now without the red lightsaber glow.

I hope you'll enjoy them Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Woah. I'm loving that Wookiee one!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks Life, I'm rather glad with how that one turned out myself Smile

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:30 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Only just seen this thread and just have to say reedius that your drawnings are amazing. Have you done any from the NJO era?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks Weeto. Well, I did this one a while back for a friend including her OC's: http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/068/e/2/Jedi_Master_Lucia_and_the_Vong_by_Reedius.jpg

But I think I could do a better one. I think especially the vong in this picture could be improved, but still I think the overall drawing turned out well enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Thats awesome reedius, i honestly dont think it needs improving. Im currently reading the NJO and been lookin for artwork of anakin solo or other jedi fighting the vong but havent found many.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 2 of 3