Announcing: Qui-Gon Jinn Week
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Holonet News View previous topic :: View next topic  

Will you be participating in any of the Qui-Gon Week Activities??
Yes
91%
 91%  [ 11 ]
No
8%
 8%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 12

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 1:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Thanks. I'll check it out later.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

Taral-DLOS wrote:
I'd say something about the absence of patriotism on these boards, but then I realized that very few people on these boards are British or Canadian (like me!) or from the rest of the Queen's realm. William's our future head of state. It is important to us (or some of us).

I didn't watch it, but I have friends who got up at 4am to watch it (it is noteworthy that these friends grew up in Hong Kong when it was still under British rule, and the mentality is different between a former colony (like Canada) vs. an actual colony (like Hong Kong was then.)

I was playing Clone Wars Adventures online the night before ... so, got together with another girl friend on my Party Deck of my Jedi House Laughing and we stayed up all night and watched the Royal Wedding... chatting the whole time, She on the west coast, and me on the east... admiring the pagentry... the hats and the gorgeous setting... Very Happy
The BRIDE was so beautiful ... The wedding was AWESOME... the Royal Couple looked amazing ... everything was perfect ... Smile Smile Smile We stayed up until the Royal Kiss... Smile Such romantics!!! Laughing

AND I WILL BE WATCHING TPM tomorrow night with everyone... Sooo looking forward to it! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

HELP ME Obi-Wan...

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Just wanted to clarify one thing on the Royal issue: When Prince William is king Kate will be known as Queen Consort (said simply as Queen) Catherine (not Kate, though that'll probably still stay as the vernacular). Sorry! Had to look it up, wasn't sure. Her full, current title, is:
Her Royal Highness Princess William Arthur Philip Louis, Duchess of Cambridge, Countess of Strathearn, Baroness Carrickfergus.

Darth Skuldren wrote:
You can use a free picture hosting service, like photobucket. That allows you to upload your pictures and get links for them. Then you can post the link to share it.

@Life: Wait a minute, why do you have a rubber ducky? You know Ernie had a rubber ducky...and he associated with you-know-who...

It's a private joke Embarassed . My girl's nickname is Dukky, so I bought a rubber duck...*Runs and hides*
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

Hello everyone Smile
Last night's movie watching together was awesome... I had such a good time with good friends that are knowledgeable AND who like me, LOVE Star Wars... Very Happy

Thank you OMB... SmileSmileSmile

I have a question for discussion... I watched the faithful "duel" a couple of more times since last night... Crying or Very sad

DID QUI-GON HAVE TO DIE???

With a straight lightsaber wound that did not hack Qui-Gon in two or hit the heart... shouldn't he be able to live? I mean he is a master jedi... couldn't he do any healing or stopping the bleeding? Crying or Very sad He could have been soooo good for the SW universe...
Just a question I have asked myself for a thousand times!!!

HELP ME Obi-Wan...

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Depends on what the lightsaber thrust hit, Shahla. Some damage could be survivable; some not.

You should read Skuldren's AU fanfic here on site where he has Qui Gon survive the duel. It's great.

Just a pet peeve of mine, but having Maul survive his wound drives me insane. Speaking as a nurse there's no way anyone could survive being bisected in the manner Maul was.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think this came from the manual for either Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, or Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The manual was explaining the various Force powers that you can use in the game. One of them is Force Heal, which allows the player (Kyle Katarn or Jaden Korr, depending on the game) to regain HP.

In the game manual, for every power, it lists an example of someone using it in the game. Under Force Heal it just said "I guess Obi-Wan forgot about that one when he was holding Qui-Gon at the end". Or something to that effect.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:27 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You can go ahead and post your pictures of Qui-Gon at work (or anywhere in public) in this thread.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:03 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Cool.

It's my niece's birthday today (she's two) and so I was going to make my way round to my sister's flat, when I remembered this whole caboodle. I couldn't remember if I had a Qui Gon toy or statuette, because I've lost a lot of my SW stuff in several house shuffles, so I searched frantically for anything Qui Gon related, and, quite surprisingly and sensationally, I found a nice poster of him! But as I went to leave, I remembered I had some little models. Last time I looked, there was no Qui Gon. I thought I could take my wee Maul, because he, being the killer, had a close association with Qui Gon. But, as I looked, I found a Qui Gon statuette!

I took these photos in the play area adjacent to the flats:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:54 am Reply with quote  

Did Qui-Gon behave himself at the playground? Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No, he did not! The little scamp! He kept on falling off the slide. I think he was a little bit tipsy Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:10 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I scoured my room for my Qui-gon minifigure, but all I could find was his head. So it was"Take Qui-gon's head to school day" for me. Razz

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Shocked

Whatever, exactly, has transpired to make Qui Gon lose his head, I'd rather not think about...

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 4:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Shocked

Whatever, exactly, has transpired to make Qui Gon lose his head, I'd rather not think about...

Must have been laying too close to the Darth Maul action figure.... Wink

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It is a Lego minifigure so he loses his head quite often. Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

With the end of Qui-Gon week comes the release of the first issue of Jedi - The Dark Side. I picked up my copy today: http://twitpic.com/4zdx76

I'll let you know how it is in a bit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Holonet News

Page 3 of 4