Star Wars: the New Republic

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Gaming View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Wars: the New Republic
 PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Assuming TOP has long term success, I present my idea for the next game title.

Star Wars: The New Republic MMORPG

In my game idea I would include a first person and a third person camera view.
What would make this game unique is the timeline setting. For the first time you can actually play ahead of the EU and your characters decisions would have direct effects on the SW franchise. Your not stuck in between two stories. Playing the timeline in the present, you could have the ability as a player,to design ships and alien spieces and then enter them into a database. Certain players characters could be picked to be featured in a SW novel based on the New Republic adventures. Anyone else care to add? Just day dreaming about the perfect SW game.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I actually think this would be a really interesting time period to explore with a game. Cool idea. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:08 am Reply with quote  

I'm not hooked with the whole massively online player games yet. Personally I'd like a New Jedi Order game with a deep one/two player RPG style or Battlefront III: NJO. It would be awesome to fly around in battle as Jag or run around on the battlefield as Saba or Tarfang.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:12 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I havent played a MMORPG yet. I like the idea of community guilds,creating a unique character and building there stats for years. Plus its KOTOR online! Cant wait. Im down for a NJO game aswell. Any other ideas to add guys? Heres another: OK, its a third person/first person MMORPG and its like Grand theft auto.(Not on rails)Its set in PRESENT time You can pick from over five hundred speices to create character. You dont choose a profession. During the gameplay, your actions will determine yor paths and different careers will be offered to you. You can purchase a home on one of the twenty different planets. (SIMS style)get a wife.raise a faimly.Start your own Jedi school. IDK.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:04 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

The New Republic would be awesome but not online. We need another next generation KOTOR of the New Republic is what we need. With Chief Organa as the Head of State, and the Yuuzhan Vong War leading into the New Jedi Order there is alot of fantastic gaming that can be had.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'd prefer a game I can just play by myself where you get the occasional update that continues the story, but you can be whoever or whatever you'd like to be in any time period, but it'll never happen.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I still want them to revive the X-Wing games.

The Collector's Edition CD-ROM of Star Wars: TIE Fighter remains my favourite Star Wars game ever made.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Page 1 of 1