Mace Windu vs. Ahsoka Tano
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Do You Prefer?
Mace Windu
75%
 75%  [ 12 ]
Ahsoka Tano
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 16

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:37 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Caedus_16 wrote:
Honestly Ashoka has gotten more tolerable but she's just not my thing. I get that she's fun and has become an ok apprentice but she just kinda bores me. I honestly think she'll die in Order 66 because other than that I'm not sure how she could contribute to his darkside downfall (I'm not putting a lot of thought into it, I just don't care for her that's the only reason). She is ok as a character overall but she didn't add a lot to the film canon and since this series erased the original Gennedy Tartovinski series I'm kinda annoyed by it as that was great, this not so much...

Plus Mace Windu is Mace Windu! The master of the shatterpoint, the man of honor, the man of power, one who dances with the dark side and defeats it on a regular basis, the only master of Vapaad! He took out an army of battle droids with no lightsaber, just the Force! He died, but honestly that didn't make him less cool. Go Mace!

Wow Caedus....good stuff here.....agreed

My Vote would always be Mace.
Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Think we're gonna get close enough to the enemy to use that?
Sergeant Major Basil Plumley: What do you think, sir?

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote  

@Life: Skullreep's revenge is not yet finished Twisted Evil

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This is no contest.

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: A floating diamond which no-one really seems to acknowledge

Ahsoka. Dark Side Ahsoka, that is. Cool

Otherwise, Mace all the way.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 3:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:
@Life: Skullreep's revenge is not yet finished Twisted Evil

*Runs and hides behind HK-47*
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:57 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mace has a purple Lighsaber... nuff said

Plus he kicked ass for those 10 minutes over Palpy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I'm an adult, and still say Ahsoka. Mace Windu is a sour-faced bore, imo.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:49 pm Reply with quote  

I forgot all about this thread. To keep things going now that it's been resurrected, would anyone's feelings change if we took the movies and books out of the equation? If you pit Mace and Ahsoka against each other, with nothing other than the tv show to go by, whose your favorite?

What little episode time Mace has gotten didn't really impress me. He had a good go in the Ryloth trilogy, but that was actually a series of episodes I didn't care much for (though I blame the excessive previews for spoiling all the good parts). Ahsoka on the other hand has been in a lot of episodes, and overall, I find her to be an interesting character. Those episodes she did at the end of season 3 were really good.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If we're only judging by TCW, I'd go with Ahsoka.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

From the episodes of TCW i would also go for ashoka

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Too, I'd go with Ahsoka, but I feel my hand is being forced. As you say, he's not been in many episodes, and hasn't been ... shining as brightly as in, say, Ep III. I feel the writers are taking him for granted. Under-using him.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am Reply with quote  

On the flip side, we could go just by the films. I'm sure Mace would win that one Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 3 of 3