What Kind of Reader Are You
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  

What kind of reader are you?
I read 3-4 books a year.
25%
 25%  [ 4 ]
I read 2-3 books a month.
43%
 43%  [ 7 ]
I read more than 3 books a month.
31%
 31%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 16

What Kind of Reader Are You
 PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:43 am Reply with quote  

A question entered my mind, prompted by something I read the other day: How many books do other people read? Being a voracious reader, I take it for granted that other Star Wars fans read as much as I do. But that probably isn't the case. Once upon a time, I read maybe three or four books a year, and usually only when I was forced to (school). Now I read at least two books a month.

So now I put the question to you, fellow cantina patrons. How many books, Star Wars included, do you read on average?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I probably read at least one book a month, but if there are several new items coming out that I want to read, I'll try to make time for those too. So, maybe 16-22 books in a year. Sadly there isn't an option for that in your poll, Skuldren. Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Some months are busier than others but it works out to about 2 per month.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I jam in between 1-3 a month, depends on how busy I get

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Around 2 per month, depending on what's released. If I have an entire series at my disposal, I'll blow through them in a couple weeks' time.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Around three or four a month.

Some books I finish in under a week too so it depends.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I rip through 4-5 books a month. Been keeping track the last few years. Trying to break 50 in a year this year...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:35 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

FOr me it changed. I'm hardly ever more then one book behind at a time, for the most part it depends how busy out in the real world I get.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Less than I used to, but I go into the more than three category of the poll.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 pm Reply with quote  

3-4 a year for me. Sadly grad school doesn't leave much time for reading fun things.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:01 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

As soon as a new release comes out I buy it, as for the rest of the month I would say the average would be 2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

What Kind of Reader Are You?

A reader of words, mainly.

It used to be that I would read a good sized book in 2 days maximum, but then I became ill for 5 or so months, and my reading speed drastically declined and, even after I became better, my speed didn't improve, so it takes me about 1-2 weeks to read a largish sized book, less if it's a book I've been anticipating, or am enjoying very much so. On the whole, 2-3 books a month minimum.

As to the question of new books: I don't have a source of income, so I have to be very choosy, and sadly I can't go to the library because - erm, a misunderstanding which means I can't read their books anymore, so I do a lot of re-reading.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I pretty much just read in the summer due to school. So I read maybe one or two while school is one, but usually during breaks. But during last summer I read 12 SW books, plus 8 omnibuses and the back 8 of the Last of the Jedi junior novels. So, I don't know really what to vote.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can usually be found reading 4 or 5 (fiction) books at any one time. if it is non-fiction, then I have stacks of books surrounding me as I read a certain book. I will go through the other books to reinforce, double check, compare and contrast what one book says in relation to any others. I make notes, boiling down the commonalities of the topic based on the similarities in detail given between multipule books on whatever I am reading about. Trust me, it is far less confusing than I make it sound.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Meh, I used to think I read fast until I met my younger sister and Padme. They can both read an interesting book in one sitting, which I find literally impossible. It takes me three days, generally, to read a Star Wars book. On a rare occasion I can read one in two days. But that is rare, indeed.

Generally it takes me between one and two weeks to read an average book.

When I'm in school, I read nothing. I have no time. But when I'm not in school, I'm always reading something, sometimes more than one something. Which puts my quota at around 4-6 books a month, depending on the books. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 2