New Star Wars Omnibus: The Complete Saga

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
New Star Wars Omnibus: The Complete Saga
 PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 9:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

As the name suggests, the Omnibus will contain the comic adaptations for each of the Star Wars films: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/10465

I'm loving the cover:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

The only problems are that Padme is the the size of a taller Jawa, and Even Piell is taller than Ki-Adi-Mundi. How does that work?

I'll probably pick up this Omnibus. 600 pages of content is pretty good!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Not a bad idea. It certainly would make sense to have this come out at around the time of the Blu-Ray films.

Be honest, who here tried to see if they could name each character on there? Laughing
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 12:40 pm Reply with quote  

Honestly, I didn't try and name every character. But now that you mention it...

By the way, Tsuneo Sanda is the artist. He does great stuff.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Screw the Blu-Rays, I want this!!
I'd love to have all these stories in one omnibus.
OMB wrote:
The only problems are that Padme is the the size of a taller Jawa, and Even Piell is taller than Ki-Adi-Mundi. How does that work?
It doesn't work and is just plain weird. I like the cover for what it could have been, but sloppiness like that just ticks me off. Rolling Eyes And that's just too bad, because every character seen individually looks great enough and the ships and vehicles look amazing.
Fortunately I will be spending more time reading whats behind the cover than looking at the cover itself.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The only weird thing to me is that they're recollecting the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi Marvel adaptations.

Aside from that, nothing in it has been omnibus'd before. And 600 pages? MASSIVE!

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:
The only weird thing to me is that they're recollecting the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi Marvel adaptations.

Are there any other adaptions for these two movies?
Dark Horse holds the rights to republish these old Marvel Star Wars comics and as they are also republishing all the other old Marvel Comics in omnibuses it would be only logical to put these two stories in this omnibus instead of for instance the manga versions. Those will probably get their own omnibus eventually.
The artwork of the Marvel adaptions better matches the artwork of the other four movie adaptions and I'm really pleased with this collection. This is going to be a real gem!

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:15 pm Reply with quote  
VIP
VIP

Wow, this is anything BUT complete really. They seem to be including the regular Dark Horse adaptations of each prequel, plus the Marvel adaptations of ESB and ROTJ (that were reprinted over and over again by Dark Horse as well), along with the Special Edition adaptation of ANH that replaced the old Marvel one in reprints.

That means no original Marvel version of ANH (recently in A Long Time Ago Omnibus Vol. 1), no manga adaptations (TPM, ANH, ESB, ROTJ), or photo comic adaptations (all films). Each of those is part of Dark Horse's current library...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Coruscant looking at the Jedi Temple in the distance...

Although it means duplicates for me... still it should be awesome ... all in one place! Sweeeeet! Smile
Sands of Tatooine must be... ??? Hmmmm... Magical...?? Since the OLD Obi-Wan is a lot taller than the YOUNGER version... even taller than Qui-Gon!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
As disproportionate as the cover is... I am still looking forward to owning it! Very Happy

HELP ME Obi-Wan...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Where is Darth Maul, Darth Sidious, and Darth Tyranus? Cover is missing a few bigger characters and too many lesser known ones.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nathan Butler wrote:
Wow, this is anything BUT complete really.

I think you're misinterpret the word complete here.
It's complete in that there is an adaption of every Star Wars film present in the Omnibus, not that they've included every version.
As you said yourself they already reprinted the original Marvel ANH in A Long Time Ago Vol.1 and it fit better there because it was part of the regular Marvel series.
They just fit the best real comic adaptions in there IMO and at a page count of 600 I'm a pleased fan indeed!

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I figure they'll eventually do an omnibus with the mangas and the photocomics. Frankly, I'm still waiting to see them make a PhotoComic for Clone Wars Season 2 and 3. The Photocomic for Clone Wars only covered season 1, but the first and second season were continuous (DVD "Volume I").
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1