A Movie Scavenger Hunt - Are You In?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Updated 02/04...

And Darth-Weeto takes the lead! Barely, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What do you guys think?

Should Episode 1 3D and the regular Episode 1 on Blu Ray/DVD be counted as the same movie, or as two different movies?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I vote same.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I say the same aswel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The same.
I vote that the SW movies have only 6 films, no matter which version a person sees.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

VileZero wrote:
What do you guys think?

Should Episode 1 3D and the regular Episode 1 on Blu Ray/DVD be counted as the same movie, or as two different movies?

I'll withhold my vote for this moment, since I want to expand this into a broader question.

Should we include other films - non Star Wars films - that were released in their original form and then re-released in a digital form, that were touched up in one way or another? I'm thinking about old black and white films given colour, mainly, but other things.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:18 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

When in doubt consult this thread.
Movie by movie, one step at the time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
VileZero wrote:
What do you guys think?

I'll withhold my vote for this moment, since I want to expand this into a broader question.

Should we include other films - non Star Wars films - that were released in their original form and then re-released in a digital form, that were touched up in one way or another? I'm thinking about old black and white films given colour, mainly, but other things.

That is a good question, and in the case for Star Wars could be open to debate.

Episode I in 3D vs. Episode I on Blu-Ray: too similar, I'd say.
Episode IV on VHS (the black and blue box) vs. Episode IV on blu-ray: Gray area. There were a lot of changes.

I have an unrelated question: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Not a TV show. Only 45 mins long. Only available on the internet and then on DVD/blu-ray. It seems to be in the exact midline between a movie and not.

Should it count?

Another gray area. Other things, like The Guild, probably shouldn't count. Those are individual episodes that form a season. But Dr. Horrible was more like a movie in three acts.

Thoughts?
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
VileZero wrote:
What do you guys think?

That is a good question, and in the case for Star Wars could be open to debate.

Episode I in 3D vs. Episode I on Blu-Ray: too similar, I'd say.
Episode IV on VHS (the black and blue box) vs. Episode IV on blu-ray: Gray area. There were a lot of changes.

I have an unrelated question: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Not a TV show. Only 45 mins long. Only available on the internet and then on DVD/blu-ray. It seems to be in the exact midline between a movie and not.

Should it count?

Another gray area. Other things, like The Guild, probably shouldn't count. Those are individual episodes that form a season. But Dr. Horrible was more like a movie in three acts.

Thoughts?

I'd say go ahead and count Dr. Horrible. It's right at the line, but maybe it's just cuz I have a soft spot for it lol.

RE Life's question about movies that have been touched up since original release: I'd say they still count as the same movie. This whole issue of the Star Wars flicks (Special Edition vs Original vs 3D) can even carry over to stuff like Blade Runner, where there exist four different versions of the same movie. Maybe to avoid this tricky quagmire, we should just consider them all as one movie - rather than each different version?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I agree.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Interesting thoughts, and I agree that they should be counted as the same movie (unless it's a remake, with completely different cast etc).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:38 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Would Schindler's List qualify for "Body Count over 100?" The body count for that film is pretty high, but I don't want to exxagerate if I can help it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I should have used 'Body Count Over 100' for ANH. The body count is actually pretty sobering when you think about it.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:56 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

You know, I kept trying to think of an example of "Horror movie with zero body count." Then one thing came to mind:

THE VOW.

My wife wants me to take her to see it. I told her that memory loss and loss of identity are among the things I fear the most, and therefore The Vow isn't a cute rom-com starring Rachel McAdams, but a horror film (and I don't watch those).

It's like someone in Hollywood said "Hey! Let's think of the most intrinsically terrifying things in the world, and make them into comedies!"

And then someone else said "Good idea! I'll take Cancer!" and made 50/50.

And then someone else said "I'll do loss of self!" and made The Vow.

My mind shudders to think of where they'll go next.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

My missus wants too watch that film The vow so no doubt i'll b watching that pretty soon.

Wot do u guys think to this: can i use MAD SCIENTIST for THE FLY starring jeff goldblum?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 7 of 10