Mara Jade's Artwork
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mara Jade's Artwork
 PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry for creating yet another thread, but this way I can now keep it all contained. Smile

I had to make a personal logo for Art class, and here is the rough draft. I share it simply because of the background, of course. Wink

Let me know if you can interpret the rest!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:46 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Nice touch with the rebel symbol, and I got the cross of course...not sure on the rest. Sorry. Nice though. Smile

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

S'ok, nobody ever recognizes that last bit. But least I know what it means! Smile

It's an Eagle, actually. For many different reasons, but that's what it is. Very abstract, but maybe now you can tell. And yes, the Rebel crest. I actually had someone in class ask me, "Is that the Rebel Alliance's symbol?" I was so shocked I almost couldn't answer them. Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

At first glance I caught the cross and rebel crest, but then it reminded of a viking ship. My mind is weird, go figure.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, now that you mention it...it does look like a Viking ship. Smile

I know it's a little crooked, but I've since fixed that...for the most part. Here's one of the finished products (I have to turn it in three different ways). I cut it out of black cardstock, and the whole thing (save the talons and eye) is one piece. And yes, the sides are purposely flattened:

I'm not the most amazing with an Xacto knife, but I'm happy with it all the same. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ooh, cool!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Very nice Mara.....
 PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:18 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

just keep drawing. You keep it up the better you'll get Smile. and it appears you are well on way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:40 am Reply with quote  

I like that cardboard result. Looks very nice. The bold color contrast works well and the three main elements of the picture have a nice placement to them, a good centering.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks! I enjoy the cutting a little more than the drawing (I can't believe I'm saying that), because I personally believe I have no talent whatsoever for drawing. I enjoy thinking things up, but I have trouble getting them onto paper. So I was fairly apprehensive about this Art class. But it's going much better than I thought. And thanks for the comments! Smile

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Got my projects back after finals, so now can share some of them. This was probably the hardest project I've ever done in any class so far. We first had to draw four 'optical illusions' that portrayed one Art term or another. The following are what I came up with. After dreaming them up and then drawing them, I had to cut the designs out of black cardstock, like my above project. Definitely the hardest thing I've ever done school-wise. So without further ado, here are the results:

Hyperspace - Movement:

Yes, I was inspired by hypserspace for this one. Though the other people in my class called it the Windows screen saver. *shrugs*

In the Eye of the Beholder - Variety:

I like this one because depending on who you are, you see something completely different.

Memories: Dollar Signs - Pattern:

I call this one Memories because I used to draw these in school like constantly. I would make all kinds of patterns with them every chance I got, and I think everybody else did, too. It's one of the first things I thought of when this assignment came up and I thought, "Hey, finally! I can put that little doodle to good use!" Smile It looks pretty bad, though, cause after I cut up the pieces, I dropped the paper and everything scattered before I was able to glue it. Sooo...there was no way I could match them all up again. That's why they don't look so wonderful together.

Railroad Tracks - Perspective:

The most boring and simple one. This one reminds me of railroad tracks and trees as they stretch off into the distance. That was the basis for this design.

So anyway, there you go. They look much better in person, but oh well. May you daily pray that you never get an Art teacher who requires black cardstock cutouts. Wink

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice work, Mara. Smile The first is my favourite (for obvious reasons, but not only that. The illusion of movement is pretty sweet.)

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Re; Mira
 PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Your stuff looks great!! Keep up the good work and who knows, maybe we could run into each other at the place I work at someday Smile

Don't stop drawing, the more you do the better you get!! Trust me!!

Your Uncle Kal

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quote  

Those are trippy. I really like the hyperspace one. Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

School's at it again! Having to draw, a thing I'm very afraid of. Most of the time when I pick up a drawing implement, my fears are justified. But today, I was so excited about something I put down on paper, that I just had to share it! We were supposed to be doing blind contour drawings with a Sharpie. I decided to do my favorite little guy, Zaq, since he looked so adorable sleeping on his perch. He was a very cooperative subject. Now, granted, I did peek. I'd say I looked about 30% of the time. But I still love it! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*applauds* Very impressive, Mara. I think I like the first one you posted best. For obvious, SW related reasons. Smile

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Creative Works

Page 1 of 5