Slaves of the Republic Episode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slaves of the Republic Episode
 PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote  

So one of the TCW comics is being turned into an episode for TCW show.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Help/Boards/viewtopic.php?p=256204&highlight=&sid=df57be30e75bc37745ee5678757255df#256204

Which one was that you ask? This one...

Yes I went there. Don't all thank me at once. So now we can hopefully look forward to more Ahsoka-slave-girl action!

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
If it makes you crazy that the show doesn't adhere to EU continuity, the only thing I can suggest is that you don't watch the show.

The Citadel trilogy from last season more loosely adapted the comic "Shipyards of Doom," specifically the carbonite method of bypassing sensors for infiltration. It's not surprising that now they're doing this storyline in the show.

I'd say be on the lookout for anything written by Henry Gilroy, since he was the lead writer for the show for the first season, to be redone for the show, because he undoubtedly discussed the ideas with Filoni in that capacity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I know I should be happy that Uncle George is using the EU materials more, but I know how Uncle George works.....

Somehow I feel as though no good shall come of this.

I mean the positive side of me says maybe he's finally going to UTILIZE his SWEU and we're going to see the first time the SWEU material is used without being remade. But then I recall that Greedo shot first to George and remember that he disregards the EU for the most part and thus I feel I know that he's going to make changes to this story as TCW makes changes to almost every pre established characters. plots in some form or fashion.

So I'm not sure how I feel about this.....

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Generally, I feel the same as IR2, in that, if they are going to re-use things, it makes far more sense to utilize them in the correct fashion. However, as I was thinking about what game I'd like in the SW universe (for another thread) I realised that storytellers shouldn't be constrained to follow the status quo, and not let their own stories follow the status quo. That's something I'm not fond of in most TV shows. That, as things progress, the basic premise just stays the same.

As for this: well, I've not read the comic - my liking of the PT era is relatively new and I've not read much - but the basic synopsis in the news section of the homepage makes me think that some interesting events surrounding Ahsoka will arise. I think this will be one of the better episodes of this season.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Slaves of the Republic isn't my EU elite so honestly GL can do whatever he wants with it.

One thing I am looking forward to with this arc though is Anakin dealing with his slave past. If you haven't seen the trailer, watch it Cool :
http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11019#more-11019

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Trailer is ace I can't wait. The colon ewars just gets better and better each season.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Trailer is ace I can't wait. The colon ewars just gets better and better each season.

Tehehe. Simple pleasures Laughing .

I wasn't aware that that trailer was for that specific episode. I don't know if it was because I had seen the Water Wars bit before, or whatever, but I enjoyed the second half more, mainly for the said angsty Anakin.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I really wonder how true TCW will stay to the original story. If it will stay fairly true to it I'll be a happy fan, if not I'll be no doubt bummed out about it.
Either way I'm interested to see how it turns out. It would be real good to have them give credit to the comics in this way.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1