The Tenebrous Way by Matthew Stover
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Tenebrous Way by Matthew Stover
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:32 pm Reply with quote  

So what could make your day fantastic? How about hearing that Matthew Stover is coming back to Star Wars with an all new short story. Could it get better? It ties in to Darth Plagueis!

https://www.facebook.com/starwarsbooks/posts/10150305377953713

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Only think that could be better is if they announced that Stover was writing every EU book from here on out. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have an idea of something I think Stover should write that doesn't take place after the OT (Stover said he was most interested in the Dark Times period) and deals with a character that I think is, or could be, somewhat similar to Caine. Admittedly, I'm in the process of reading Heroes Die finally, so my understanding of the character is at this point superficial and limited, but the hint would be the famous line: "I'd burn the world to save her." Any guesses?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quote  

@Crash: no clue. Caine is a fairly cold-hearted killer. Surely you're not talking about Boba Fett.

@Padme: one problem with Stover writing every EU book...we wouldn't get very many EU book every year. As good as he may be, I do enjoy volume and variety.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:17 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'll read that before I read the story of Palp's master in December. Now is too soon, too far in advance of the book's release.

Crash Override wrote:
I'm in the process of reading Heroes Die finally, so my understanding of the character is at this point superficial and limited, but the hint would be the famous line: "I'd burn the world to save her." Any guesses?

what is Heroes Die Finally?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's Heroes Die.

A book by Matt Stover featuring the character of Caine. Not a Star Wars book, but it's a Stover book so it's good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

oh okay

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
@Crash: no clue. Caine is a fairly cold-hearted killer. Surely you're not talking about Boba Fett.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uzO7YXPnEg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:45 pm Reply with quote  

Meh, I'd rather not read any more books about that guy. TFU was the first Star Wars novel I'd read in a long time that I didn't like.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Meh, I'd rather not read any more books about that guy. TFU was the first Star Wars novel I'd read in a long time that I didn't like.

That's because it wasn't written by Stover.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote  

True. Stover would have made it a lot better most likely.

One thing I do wonder about is how long are these Insider short stories? I'd hate to get all worked up for something that is really short.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Well, if the last ones are an indication, 4 pages and 2 more with illustrations, I think.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Darth Skuldren wrote:

@Padme: one problem with Stover writing every EU book...we wouldn't get very many EU book every year. As good as he may be, I do enjoy volume and variety.

Quality over quantity, Skuls. Wink

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:57 pm Reply with quote  

I'll take five hundred dollar bills in really bad shape over five dollars in crisp condition Laughing

But yes, it will be a good test of Stover's skills. Can he impress the readers with six pages of story?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote  

Random question, but it's Stover related so I'm going to put it here.

If Stover wrote the novelization for Caravan of Courage (the Ewok movie) would you buy it? Would it be awesome? Or would it still stink?

Sadly I haven't seen this movie yet, but the Ewok in me will one day acquire this classic. Part of me thinks that as absurd as it would be, Stover writing an Ewok book could very well be the best Star Wars book ever written.

In my biased opinion Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 4