Legos
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legos
 PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

So approx. how many sets do you have? What's your favorite? Who thinks they charge too much? Very Happy
I'm just curious to see who else besides me likes the Star Wars Legos.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I use to be huge into Legos, especially Star Wars, but now that I'm older and doing a lot of "adult" things, I've lost the time. I've still collected all the Batman sets that are out and do plan one day of getting hold of the Star Destroyer that came out not too long ago. I love that they made the TIE Crawler set! Lego EU!!

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:36 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

as aush said, i've outgrown it too. i had lots of sets, but it got too expensive for me, and kinda boring. every now and again, i'll throw togther a cool ship or base or something, but, yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I was trying to buy everything that came out, but now I mainly stick to my favorites, mostly because of the extravagant prices. I mean, come on...$500 for that new Falcon? The Falcon is my favorite ship, but I'll just stick to the 7190 I have. I can't shell out $500 for a Lego set. Same with the Star Destroyer. Awesome as it is, $300 is just too much. Now...if I ever find them at garage sales or on sale somewhere, like I did with my Falcon (only $25), I'll pounce on it. And any of the decently priced newer ones, too. I like collecting the sets, but I really like collecting the minifigs. I finally got the pilot Luke keychain. I must say, more people comment on that than anything else SW I've ever had. They all seem to like it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Lego Sets -
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

You guys don't know how many Lego sets we have. I have some of the first SW Lego sets, can you say Y-Wing with Darth Vaders TIE fighter still in the box? Or the original B-Wing still in the box. The most depressing - we had the ARC-170 until it's now "poof" all the pieces and mixed in with other Lego sets - very hard to get back now even though I have the directions.. Depressing Sad

Re: Lego Sets -
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:56 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Kal_Skirata wrote:
You guys don't know how many Lego sets we have. I have some of the first SW Lego sets, can you say Y-Wing with Darth Vaders TIE fighter still in the box? Or the original B-Wing still in the box. The most depressing - we had the ARC-170 until it's now "poof" all the pieces and mixed in with other Lego sets - very hard to get back now even though I have the directions.. Depressing Sad

I bought the sets to put together and look at, so none are in a box. I have a few sets from another series (Batman) still in the box but that's because I have no where to put them once they're together Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Lego Sets -
 PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Space, shelves, that's a big part of my problem. I have so many, aaaaa wait, I mean my son has so many we have nowhere to put them all and they keep coming out with new ones all the time. That's why some of the cooler sets are still in boxes.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I have tons of really old sets from back in my childhood, you know, when your parents bought toys for you? The Good ol' days. Now that I'm older I still think some of the sets they're producing are cool, but I don't have the money for it.
________
BMW V12 LM

Last edited by Jedi_Christopher on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:48 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I've got the box in pristine condition for each set. *shrugs* Dunno...just a habit I started with the first set I bought. And I've got a bunch of the older sets, too. Had to restrain myself when I found a friend of mine gave his sets away when he was cleaning out his closet. Agh! The horror of it all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I love Legos and I'll admit it. They are actually we good because they teach you skills of following instructions and proper placement of objects.

I really want that Rogue Shadow-looks nice..

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Son Of Skywalker wrote:
I love Legos and I'll admit it. They are actually we good because they teach you skills of following instructions and proper placement of objects.

I really want that Rogue Shadow-looks nice..

And imagination. Very Happy

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Mara Jade Skywalker

Show foto of your collection=)
"Down here, in the never-ending electric twilight, time had a different meaning altogether. It wasn't something to he scheduled, something to be quantified in terms of seconds, minutes, or hours. It was measured much more simply: you either had enough, or not enough," - Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ah, I've been away for awhile. Sorry! But I'll set up a pic of my collection soon as I can. Smile We moved last August, and we're living in a trailer temporarily, so my collection is sadly in storage. However...! I've got some pics of it (or at least part of it) from when it was set up in our old house. And never fear, it'll be set up once again as soon as we move into our new place, which should only be another couple months. I can't wait! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I used to be a huge LEGO fan. Not so much now (other things occupy my time) but I still love building them when I get the chance.

I've actually got the Snowspeeder and AT-ST (the large ones) on display. I used to have the Rebel Blockade Runner and I was in the process of building the giant Star Destroyer when my house was renovated. Things moved, pieces lost and I could never get myself to come back and build it. Sad

Someday...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:18 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I promised some pictures of my collection, and here they are. My collection now far surpasses what I have pictured, but as I said, most of it's in storage. Some of the pics were taken earlier than the others, resulting in the duplicates you see, or the different setups and what all. Anyway...take a look:

And there's even more in the closet! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 1 of 5