Legos
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

[url]Super Star Destroyer[/url]

Sithspawn!

My jaw dropped - and I mean literally - when I saw this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

something went wrong there Alan.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:01 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

What I really want to see are Jedi Temple/Operation Knightfall/Order 66 sets.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Time lapse of the Millenium Falcon
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How many sets are there supposed to be now? I've been trying to count from the Wikipedia listing, but my brain keeps going blank.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have no idea. I do know, however, that Lego has gone space happy on prices. I tried so hard to collect a couple sets (nice sets) a year back in the day, but their prices have skyrocketed. I can't justify buying anything from them except the occasional pack of characters. That's actually the last thing I bought, a Clone pack, and that was ages ago. It's so sad. I loved putting those sets together. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

And why in the world is there a vaporator in the TPM Lightsaber Duel set when there was no vaporator seen in the movie? One could easily pull Qui-Gon, Maul, and the speeder bike from another set to create the duel without having to bother with the vaporator.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I know what you mean about prices.

At Christmas I accidentally found out my mum had bought me the clone trooper + Mandalorian battle pack, so I was torn as to whether to tell her that I didn't want her spending money (15 each) on something that small, or say nothing and keep the surprise. Fortunately my mum's cool and I told her and she didn't mind, and said she appreciated my concern.

But you can get some cute mini-packs of like 7cm tall AT-ST's and stuff for about 1.

I had a Clone Walker, Grevous' starship, something with Anakin, and a Stormtrooper battle back. Unfortunately the Clone Walker and Grevous' star ship got all broken up when moving house.

I prefer LEGO to action figures, but the prices prevent me from getting them.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:54 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

So, I don't have many Legos any more, but I do have a few mini builds that I kept when I moved out.

I did have a few sets (I stopped buying them in 1999), but I preferred using random pieces to make ships (fighters and capital ships, all factions, Star Wars and Star Trek).

So when I moved, I kept a homemade mini Imperial Star Destroyer, Victory Star Destroyer, Acclamator, Venator, a Nebulon-B Frigate, a set that can be readjusted to be any of the USS Enterprises (NX-01, NCC-1701, -A, -B, -C, -D, -D from the TNG finale with three nacelles, and -E, as well as a self-designed future one), the USS Defiant, a Klingon K'T'Inga-class warship, and a Romulan Valdore-class warship (from Star Trek: Nemesis)

I wanted my mother to give me back my lego bins (so I could keep building; I had some good ideas ), but she didn't want to. She wanted to keep them for her grandchildren (my niece and nephew, but they're too young now.) LAME.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'd just like to say that in real life (Star Wars real life) I prefer clone trooper helmets/armour (the later (think Ep III) rather than the earlier (think Ep II)) to the OT Stormtrooper armour/helmets but I prefer Stormtrooper LEGO's.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:54 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After some searching around I found a site called Brickset and according to it, with sets that are being released this year, there's a grand total of:

294 Star Wars Lego Sets!

(And no, I have no intention of trying to get all of them.
1. It's impossible.
2. It would cost way too much money.
3. I don't care for the mini sets, Technic, Product Collection, or Bonus Value Packs.
4. Getting so many copies of the same minifigure is rather annoying.)

Plus, I think LEGO's going a little overboard with the constant reissue of vehicles.

6 Millennium Falcon sets?
5 Y Wing sets?
3 AT-AT sets?
3 Slave I sets?
3 Clone Turbo Tank sets?

I mean, come on!

The 2004 Falcon and 2006 Slave I can be justified because they were vast improvements on the original sets, but the others cannot. The Clone Turbo Tank and Y-Wing especially. The originals were perfect there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:09 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Forgot about this thread!

Saw my cousin over half term and saw that he had a limited edition Jabba's Sail Barge Shocked Just sitting there, incomplete, gathering dust. He says he wants to sell it, and I'm trying to think how to hint my way into buying it... He says he has all of the pieces, just in separate boxes. Quiero.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, what in the world is with the rereleases?! My Falcon was incredibly special when I received it. I've got the original, the 7190. Have the greatest story for that (probably somewhere in this thread, I'm sure), and now it's kind of dashed. That Falcon was valued at right around $300 back when I got it for Christmas (for the incredible price of $25), but now it's nose dived with all the new Falcons coming out. Sadness. Sad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have the 7190 Falcon too. The only thing that I think makes it look cruddy is the gun turrets area. That's why I said the 2004 Falcon was an improvement, becuase I found the pieces for that area in 7190 to be blech.

According to Brickset, a new Gungan Sub set, a new Jabba's Palace set, and a new Desrt Skiff set are supposed to come out this year. More rereleases!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Been a long time since I've dropped in this thread, but I just have to complain about a few of the newer sets.

First, 9493 X Wing. LEGO did something right by having Jek Porkins and his astromech in this set. It's always good to have more fighter sets based around the named pilots. Unfortunately, the big drawback that's preventing me from buying this set is that Pilot Luke & R2 are included ... again! Really, LEGO, are you afraid that people won't buy the set if Luke's not in it?!! Aren't there enough Pilot Lukes already? Same complaint with 6212 X Wing(yes, I know its actually a much older set), only this time it's worse. Another Han, Leia, & Chewbacca included and no astromech for Wedge!

Second, Battle of Hoth set that's coming out next year. I've seen a few pics ... and its absolutely terrible. The link is here:

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=75014-1

Yet another snowspeeder, but this one resembles the original more than the improved 2004 version. Ugh! Luke, yet, again, 2 snowtroopers & 2 Rebel troopers that can be obtained elsewhere. But the crowning insult is a General Rieekan minifig; he had a minor, though important, part in the film, but WITHIN the base, not outside ... not once.

I'm sorely disappointed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 4 of 5