Crimson Empire III
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crimson Empire III
 PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Who else is excited for this upcoming comic???
can anyone say Kir Kanos????

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I'm sort of excited. I've only read Crimson Empire I, with Crimson Empire II high on my list. But, from what little I've heard, when I do get around to actually getting it, I will be very excited!

And no, I cannot say Kir Kanos. No matter how hard I try. It is my shame Crying or Very sad .

Wink
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Crimson Empire 2 won't disappoint you

I try Kir Kanos 3 times fast and get all jumbled up to Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:15 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I haven't read the first two volumes yet. Now I'm just waiting for the 3rd part in trade to read it all.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote  

I've read a little bit of Crimson Empire I, but both of them are on my to-read/to-buy list. I love the artwork they've shown for Crimson Empire III. It looks beautiful. Really rich colors and stunning detail. I'll definitely be buying it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:51 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

True thats one of the things that caught my eye. The artwork in some of the Star Wars ,titles are getting better

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote  

Some. The preview of the Qui-Gon comics looks a little less than stellar. Not sure that's a style I could enjoy. Knight Errant's first two issues were absolutely stellar. Invasion has some really good art that keeps a nice steady pace throughout. I've found that Jan's artwork in Legacy seemed to go up and down in an issue. She would do some panels real simple, and take more time with others, so you got a mix that was overall good even though some panels were bad.

But the preview for Crimson Empire III looked absolutely solid. If it stays with that pace, then it could be one of the best illustrated Star Wars comics yet.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I picked up the first issue of the Qui-Gon issue. The art is a bit rough but may get better.
I haven't touched Old Republic till now with "Lost Suns" seems ok so far. Legacy Art was always good to me. My only gripe was all background Sith were red with black tatts. Not to much thought there sometimes.

Empire 3 tho does stand out. The art in the first run was very impressive.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote  

Looks like Crimson Empire III: Empire Lost #1 is getting a variant cover. I like the coloring, even if the style leans toward more cartoonish and less detail.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Yeah the alt cover looks nice.

Should cut out the fight scene. Starscape with the Crimson helmet looks menacing
enough....

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I want this, but am intentionally waiting for the TPB. I'm holding out hope that the TPB will contain the Crimson Empire III 0 story, as found in DHP #1.

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 am Reply with quote  

New cover for Crimson Empire #2 revealed plus synopsis:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:16 am Reply with quote  

New cover for Crimson Empire III #5

Blurb: Framed for a murder he didn’t commit, Imperial Agent Jahan Cross is on the run from Corporate Sector authorities, and uncovering the secrets behind the mysterious “Iron Eclipse” project—all without the assistance of his missing droid, IN-GA 44. But Cross is not entirely without allies, because he knows these two smugglers with a very fast ship.

Will be out February 8, 2012

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:57 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I'm doing what wookiee_inked is doing. I was gonna buy the CE1 TPB but I'm gonna wait for them to finish with CE3 and release all 3 in a hardback bundle, like they did with Dark Empire.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Do we know that they've got plans to turn the TPBs into omnibuses/hardback, for certain?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2