Star wars micro machines
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star wars micro machines
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Did anyone else collect these back in the day? I have all of them. The characters heads like Vader/Bespin or R2D2/Jabba's palace. I even had all the Vehicles and character expansion packs.

Re: Star wars micro machines
 PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jedi Master Skid wrote:
Did anyone else collect these back in the day? I have all of them. The characters heads like Vader/Bespin or R2D2/Jabba's palace. I even had all the Vehicles and character expansion packs.

Yes! though my Death Star is even older then that one and not as big- and I have Vader's saber/ trench run as well as one with Mara, Daala, and Kyp and doole Wink As well as the Sun Crusher- I still have a lot of the micro machines- my fav was the battle damage set- I have a few of those in my truck hanging under the rear mirror Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nice. I remembered seeing these when I was about 9 or 10 in my nan's catalogue. I pestered my dad for them on my birthday. Happy memories Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, I'm really feeling nostalgic since some many good times come flowing back Smile

I always wanted them all but only got a handful. That Death Star was always a must have that I never got. I still have all of them somewhere, but worn from hours and hours of being played with.

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I had some of these when I was little. Now I'm going to have to dig them out to see what I still have.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

A while ago I got back all of my old Star Wars stuff (or nearly all of it). The main bulk was these micro machines! I kept to the OT series, not the EU stuff - I wasn't a big reader, at the time. I still have that Death Star. In fact, I'm looking at it right now! Hello poppy outy thing. Hello outer shell caked in dust. Hello pop up Tusken Raider man. Hello Stormtrooper pointing a gun at a Jawa's head. Hello slightly inappropriate-for-kids burnt bodies ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

The burnt bodies! I forgot about that. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I used to really like the heads-that-opened-up-into-a-playset sets. I had C-3PO (which opened into the Mos Eisley Cantina) and Boba Fett (which opened into Cloud City).

I also had the Millennium Falcon, which opened up (with the hinges in the front fork). The opened up set was really big, so I used it as a micromachines and LEGO Rebel Base. I was a huge fan of the game TIE Fighter, so I'd built most of the starfighters and capital ships from it out of LEGO and used the micromachines sets as bases.

Come to think of it, I suspect I still have the Millennium Falcon and the two heads.

Oh, and there was also the six-inch-long starfighters! That came with two figurines (that were larger than micromachines figures, and could articulate at the hips.) I don't remember the name of the line. But I had the X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, Lambda Shuttle, and AT-AT.

EDIT: Found the collection!

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I have that! Some people used to play with rubber dukkies and toy boats in the bath, I used to play with my X-Wing and reenact the sinking of Luke's fighter on Dagobah Rolling Eyes. I had Darth's TIE, an actua TIE, the ROTJ speeder, Luke's Landspeeder, his T-16, and a very large Falcon. Pretty sure that was it, from that series.

Does anyone remember those see-through micro-machines?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote  

I think I have some of these in my attic. I know I have the Deathstar playset and that Stormtrooper on a Dewback. I had a set of Stormtroopers, Republic troopers, Imperial offiers, and I think I have a TIE fighter. Hmm, I think I remember what box I packed those in too. Now I'm going to be playing with them when I get home Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I vaguely remember the see through ones. I had the Gold starship collection but being young I thought they were solid gold but they were just plastic painted gold.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Taral-DLOS wrote:

Oh, and there was also the six-inch-long starfighters! That came with two figurines (that were larger than micromachines figures, and could articulate at the hips.) I don't remember the name of the line. But I had the X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, Lambda Shuttle, and AT-AT.

EDIT: Found the collection!

I have the X-wing but my little brother lost the pilot. We also had the escape pod and landspeeder of these. I heard that Aaron Allston took measurements of the Action fleet toys to estimate the performance of the craft in atmosphere when he was writing X-Wing books.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life Is The Path wrote:
I have that! Some people used to play with rubber dukkies and toy boats in the bath, I used to play with my X-Wing and reenact the sinking of Luke's fighter on Dagobah Rolling Eyes.

That right there, sir, is epic childhood fandom. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:36 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So last Friday my wife had the day off work, so she decided to go through our storage room (which was incredibly messy, due to it being the "just throw it in there and we'll deal with it later" room), and found the box of toys from my childhood that my mother wanted me to keep. My wife asked me to go through it, separating "keep in a box", "put on display", and "donate to charity."

Needless to say, the "donate to charity" pile was super tiny.

I found my old Action Fleet ships (X-Wing, A-Wing, B-Wing, Lambda Shuttle, Snowspeeder), a TIE Fighter that was roughly the same size of those Action Fleet ships (but older), my larger TIE Fighter set (that could fit an action figure and had panels that would eject when it "blew up"), my T-16 Skyhopper that I got from Star Tours back in 1997 (that could fit Luke Skywalker easily), my Micro-Machines Millennium Falcon set (the one that unfolds), the heads of C-3PO and Boba Fett that unfolded into the Mos Eisley Cantina and Cloud City (which my wife likened to Star Wars Polly Pocket), and early 1980s Millennium Falcon and AT-AT Walker.

I also found my USS Enterprise-D, my Romulan Warbird, my Shuttlecraft, my phaser, tricorder, communicator, Klingon Disruptor, and red Star Trek: TNG-era uniform!

There was also my action figure box, which included
-Luke Skywalker
-Han Solo
-Chewbacca
-Lando Calrissian
-Darth Vader
-R2-D2
-Captain Picard (Season 1)
-Captain Picard (Season 6-7)
-Commander Riker (Season 2)
-Mr. Data (Season 3-7)
-Dr. Crusher (Season 3-7)
-Counselor Troi (red jumpsuit)
-Counselor Troi (blue uniform)
-Geordi La Forge (Season 1)
-Geordi La Forge (Season 3-7, in dress uniform)
-Mr. Worf (Season 1)
-Mr. Worf (Klingon Battle Armor)
-Wesley Crusher (Season 5-6 cadet uniform)
-Captain Kirk (movies-era Red uniform)
-Borg Drone
-Locutus of Borg
-K'Ehleyr (Worf's mate)
-Dathon (the Tamarian)

Good times.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Taral-DLOS wrote:
the heads of C-3PO and Boba Fett that unfolded into the Mos Eisley Cantina and Cloud City (which my wife likened to Star Wars Polly Pocket).

My Mrs. said that to me when I first showed her my collection. Laughing I am also quite jealous of your collection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 1 of 2