Accidental Continuity
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's implied that Luke is talented because of Anakin without having met him as well though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Cerrinea wrote:
Reepicheep wrote:
How so? Anakin's status as 'the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy' was established back in '77.

Jaina's skills are always attributed to Han, but look at who her grandfather was. I'm just surprised no one has ever even mentioned that connection. I always think of Anakin when they talk about Jaina's skills as a pilot. So for me it's "accidental" in that no one ever does mention that connection. You'd think at least Luke would since Obi-Wan told him his father was the best starfighter pilot in the galaxy.

To be fair though, do very many skills pass genetically? I think it's safer to attribute Jaina's piloting skills to Han, since Han probably taught her how to fly. She never met Anakin Skywalker, so the effect his heritage had on her might be minimal.

But attributes that contribute to skills are passed genetically all the time; things like agility, speed, muscle strength, cognitive ability. And lets not forget that the strong Force connection was directly passed from Anakin to Luke and Leia and therefore Jaina as well.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's just occurred to me, and this isn't accidental as it was probably intentional, but the Battle of Kamino that the Rebellion won in The Force Unleashed 2 serves to explain, at least partially, what happened to the cloning facilities of the Empire. That serves as a justification for its existence to me!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Another example: in Children of the Jedi, Luke et al. find a thirty year old Imperial outpost on Pzob. Children of the Jedi is 12 ABY, so that would place it c. 18 BBY. The timeline pretty much matches perfectly with the Jedi purge, which I suppose makes sense in light of the fact that the Jedi purge would have to be aligned to being around Luke's birth. The base was for the Eye of Palpatine.

Luke describes the stormtrooper helmets at this outpost as being an older variety that's longer in the face.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't remember that. That's cool.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Another example: in Children of the Jedi, Luke et al. find a thirty year old Imperial outpost on Pzob. Children of the Jedi is 12 ABY, so that would place it c. 18 BBY. The timeline pretty much matches perfectly with the Jedi purge, which I suppose makes sense in light of the fact that the Jedi purge would have to be aligned to being around Luke's birth. The base was for the Eye of Palpatine.

Luke describes the stormtrooper helmets at this outpost as being an older variety that's longer in the face.

Also fun that the stormtrooper they find is a dark complected man that with some imagination could be seen as a Jango clone.

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I seem to recall Luke looking around in an old abandoned hut on some desolate world (in Courtship), looking for snippets of information on the old Jedi Order, and found said hut, which belonged to a Jedi Librarian. The text spoke of the Temple being attacked by forces - stormtroopers, I believe - and the Jedi killed right there, and in the library. This lined up with several pieces of information that later became 'fact', from the PT. I can't remember much about it. Give me a moment to look it up on the Wook.

Yes. This is what it had to say:

The descriptions of the old Jedi Order from the early chapters contain several pieces of information that fit almost perfectly with the later depictions of the Order from the prequel trilogy, namely:

The Jedi are led by a high master based on Coruscant, which would mesh with the later concepts of the Grand Master and Jedi Temple. Other than Redemption, most other pre-The Phantom Menace depictions of the Old Jedi Order made them largely decentralized and based on such outlying worlds as Dantooine and Ossus.

The Jedi headquarters on Coruscant contains the high master's throne room and an archive with a Jedi Master assigned to oversee it, which would mesh with the High Council Chamber, Jedi Archives, and Jedi archivist.

In the "final hours" of the Galactic Republic, the Jedi headquarters on Coruscant was attacked by "invading Imperials" with only a few Jedi managing to escape, which would equate with Order 66 and Operation: Knightfall, as well as almost perfect timing concerning the Declaration of a New Order.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 2 of 2