Knights Of The Old Republic - War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

MTV Geek interview with John Jackson Miller about Knights of the Old Republic: War!

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I did not make the connection between Carrick Station in TOR and Zayne. It's the main hub of the Republic fleet in TOR.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:51 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Crash Override wrote:
I did not make the connection between Carrick Station in TOR and Zayne. It's the main hub of the Republic fleet in TOR.

I loved that part of the interview! There may and may not be a connection there. I love it! JJM- I'm betting there will be Wink

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:21 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Nerd World News interview with John Jackson Miller!

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:06 pm Reply with quote  

Rebelscum.com has a first look at the cover for KOTOR: War #4. Pretty cool looking...and a bit scary.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I really want to get the KOTOR comics, as the stories I like are the ones without massive Galaxy-saving events and small but interesting characters, and that's the feeling I get from Zayne Carrick. But, it would be too expensive and way to difficult to find all of them.

And yeah, wicked cover!

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 pm Reply with quote  

Some more JJM interviews:

Mos Eisley Radio (podcast)
Comic Book Therapy
Big Shiny Robot
Quote:
BSR!: Who are some of the new characters in War that we should keep our eyes on – in the first issue, there’s some Jedi, Mandos, Republic Navy officers, and a ragtag group of draftees?

JJM: The big new face is Dorjander Kace, a Jedi master who’s joined Revan’s movement to fight the Mandalorians. Kace is the highest-ranked Jedi to volunteer, and he’s got his own coterie of followers that he’s led into battle. Kace will be a major presence during the series, which gets a lot into the relationship between the Jedi and the Republic.

We also will get to meet some intriguing Mandalorians as things go along. The Mandalorians are interesting foes because they’re not evil — they’re just driven to spread their way of life. Zayne has met Mandalorians before, but he will be learning a lot more about them in the issues to come.

Plus Dark Horse Comics is doing a live Twitter chat with JJM tomorrow at 11:00am pacific time link

And there's a KOTOR digital sale going on link

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:12 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

What a great first issue. It is so good to have Zayne back.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:32 am Reply with quote  

I liked the first issue, too. The way JJM is making both sides gray appeals to me. I like it when a story can make the villains not seem absolutely evil. It makes it more realistic and engaging.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Edit: John Jackson Miller posted his production notes for KOTOR: War #1. They have some spoilers so be sure to read them after you've read the comic.

Link: http://www.farawaypress.com/comics/swkotorwar/swkotorwar1.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm happy to report that EUCantina is going to be reviewing comics again, with many of the reviews coming from... wait for it... Lawrence Davis (Aush)! That's right, one of the original EUC admins and EUCast hosts has returned to us! His first review is of KOTOR - War #1. You can read it here: http://www.eucantina.net/archives/11590

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:15 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just got the issue!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Can't wait to read this!

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."

http://www.reedius.deviantart.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:02 am Reply with quote  

Cool. Glad Aush is back in action. Will he be review all the comics are just certain series?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

He's only going to be doing certain series for now. We're going to look for a second comic reviewer pretty soon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:29 am Reply with quote  

Spoiler time...
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 3 of 6