S4 - Episode 6: "Nomad Droids"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
S4 - Episode 6: "Nomad Droids"
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote  

Season 4 - Episode 6: Nomad Droids
Airs: October 14, 2011 at 8:00 PM ET/7:00 PM CT
Replays: October 15, 2011 at 8:00 AM ET/7:00 AM CT
Summary: C-3PO and R2-D2's bizarre caper continues. Forced to escape a Separatist attack in a Y-wing fighter, the droids visit the world of the Patitites, the odd planet Balnab, and the inside of a pirate warship where they are forced to fight in a gladiatorial arena.

You can view the trailer here: http://www.starwars.com/explore/the-clone-wars/ep406/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:35 am Reply with quote  

This episode was half and half. Some of the voice acting did not sit well with me, and I didn't much care for the electro hologram sub-story. However, I loved how there were battle sequences going on in the background while C-3P0 and R2 are roaming about. I liked how that little alien dictator got smashed, and overall, it was an okay episode, but it did seem heavily geared toward the younger audience, and had a lot of Wizard of Oz nods.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

If each planet had been there on its own, instead of having them all together in one episode, I would have liked each part. But put together, the novelty wore off very quickly, for me.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 pm Reply with quote  

It seemed corny bouncing around to all those planets and places, didn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This episode was little more than propaganda for children. Disappointing. Confused

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote  

I did laugh out loud when 3P0 slapped R2 and smashed that little fat alien. You have to admit that was funny. Poor R2 all covered in slime. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

That was weird. This was one of the most childish episodes but it has a character getting squashed and R2 getting splashed by its blood.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Yes, it was a tad corny. Reminded me of the Droids cartoons. I don't have particularly fond memories of that, either!

On the plus side, I was quite impressed with the space battle. I don't recall seeing it so up-close before. True, there have been instances of space battles where the camera followed the lead character, but this seemed more so. And the pirates, too. Especially the robots fighting in the ring - since I'd just seen a trailer for Real Steal before hand.

As for the leader (Hezu?) being squished and having his blood on Artoo: the squishing is nothing new to kid cartoons, so I don't have so much of a problem with that. The blood, well, I was a tad unsure if I'd want youngun's seeing that, but it looked more like goo, so it's possible they might not understand that it's actually blood.

Besides, it was funny to see a Swiss Army Artoo.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:24 am Reply with quote  

Hahaha, yeah, artoo trying to look fearsome was hilarious! Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Didn't really like it, but I'm not going to complain, it's much better then those politics episodes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Artoo knows Teras Kasi.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1