Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Strategies/Other Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

I say we assume the zombies don't need their brains. If they're tough to kill, it makes us look that much cooler when we win.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:43 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The scariness of a zombie isn't when you find one or two, its when the virus spreads and you get surrounded by hundreds.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 pm Reply with quote  

Well wouldn't decapitation remove the primary way zombies infect others? Or can clawing also cause trouble?

In any event my set up would be two semi-automatic pistols (need that reload speed!) with large mags (left & right shoulder holsters), katana strapped to my back and short sword on my right hip. Totally set to keep zombies at bay in melee combat, two pistols for more open areas, and the ability to mix and match weapons as required. I'll leave the M249 to someone else.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

When this day comes, I am finding Salaris and sticking close to him. And we will survive.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The Walking Dead has made me realize there are several parts of my zombie survival team I need. I'm not a crack shot but I have a friend who is. I am, however, phenomenal with knives and in a zombie apocalypse being quiet is as crucial as breathing. So my friend and I are in. I have someone who is an electrician and enjoys working on cars so my gear will always work and a friend who's in med school to be a surgeon and one in internal medicine. I'm just missing a sniper. For awhile I didn't think I had a doctor but now I have 2. Things work out, ya know?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:17 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Some sort of crossbow seems like it would be an effective weapon because it's silent and you can reuse bolts. Depending upon whether the zombies have hearing a firearm would serve to draw more toward you.

Full riot gear also seems like it would be useful at preventing being bitten, and chainmail or a shark suit definitely would.

When I watch zombie movies and see the characters' clothing stained with blood I cringe because I think if it's a bloodborne pathogen that being splattered with zombie blood would probably infect as many people as being bitten.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:38 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Some sort of crossbow seems like it would be an effective weapon because it's silent and you can reuse bolts. Depending upon whether the zombies have hearing a firearm would serve to draw more toward you.

Full riot gear also seems like it would be useful at preventing being bitten, and chainmail or a shark suit definitely would.

When I watch zombie movies and see the characters' clothing stained with blood I cringe because I think if it's a bloodborne pathogen that being splattered with zombie blood would probably infect as many people as being bitten.

Watch the Walking Dead. One of the best characters is a guy who uses a crossbow for those very reasons. You nailed it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I watch the Walking Dead. I've also read the comic for the first 50 or so issues, haven't read it lately. I kind of hope the show doesn't keep following the comic but it looks like it is. The riot gear idea is also from the Walking Dead, albeit the comic.

I think I've seen most zombie stuff, either the Resident Evil games, the Romero movies, the Walking Dead comic, the TV show, the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
I watch the Walking Dead. I've also read the comic for the first 50 or so issues, haven't read it lately. I kind of hope the show doesn't keep following the comic but it looks like it is. The riot gear idea is also from the Walking Dead, albeit the comic.

I think I've seen most zombie stuff, either the Resident Evil games, the Romero movies, the Walking Dead comic, the TV show, the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z.

They've already deviated significantly in terms of characters and who is and isn't alive, and its only on season 2. I'm psyched. And I'm current with the comics and I gotta tell you, you left right as some pretty significant stuff is happening.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I quit reading when Rick was made sheriff of the community or some such. I kind of got annoyed because I don't think the artist is particularly good so it's difficult to distinguish the characters oftentimes, the writers kept shaking things up and would kill off subplots without resolution, and I just thought the whole governor thing was stupid. The character was *too* villainous. It's more compelling when you can actually appreciate why the villain is doing what he's doing and can understand their perspective, but that guy was just one dimensionally evil. I felt like it was too over the top and I kind of lost my investment in it as a result.

Edit: Also, with regard to following the comic, I thought with the season 2 premiere it was going to follow the season 1 finale and completely derail from the comic storyline, but the very end of the season 2 premiere kind of killed that. I haven't watched the latest episode yet so I guess it's possible I'm wrong. But if they find a prison I'm going to lose interest, especially if the governor stuff happens.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:47 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Caedus_16 wrote:

Watch the Walking Dead. One of the best characters is a guy who uses a crossbow for those very reasons. You nailed it.

Technically wouldn't the character nail it? Wink

I leave this place for a day, and this is what crops up ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I simply cut their Achille's tendon and finsih them when they land. It's what I did in the second battle of Beruna in which I won undying glory. Wink

As for armour, I think I've got a full suit of armour kicking around somewhere in my mouse hole.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote  

#1: Title has been regurgitated by the zombie. It's a little different now. Wink

#2: For the ultimate zombie survival discussion, we have to assume that all plans need to take in affect the possibility of Situation A: Fast zombies, and Situation B: Slow zombies, and maybe even Situation C: Fast AND Slow zombies.

#3: For the record, I have not watched the Walking Dead Show nor have I read the comics.

Now if anyone is recruiting, I count as a weapon person, and could double as a sniper. No medical skills, sorry. I know only destruction. Now bring on the hordes!

And Reep, you will definitely not be on my team if you only have a rapier. You gotta have a samurai sword at least, some head lopping power. Wink

And another thing, we should assume all zombies require a brain to function thus decapitation will kill a zombie as well as massive head trauma. I would think minor brain damage would not be sufficient to kill a zombie.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

*Waves samurai sword around* I have one, I have one!

Well, General Grievous's guards didn't need heads. Nor did Halo's The Flood. Zombies may have the same set up.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
*Waves samurai sword around* I have one, I have one!

Well, General Grievous's guards didn't need heads. Nor did Halo's The Flood. Zombies may have the same set up.

Those aren't zombies though, those are different. The flood was a hive-mind parasite. Zombies are viral infected bodies that no longer count as living. The reason they need a head is because most viruses in zombies movies attack the brain and only leave alive the parts that use the most basic of instincts, so you need to eat and breath and that's about it. Without the head they're dead completely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 8