Zombie Apocalypse: Survival Strategies/Other Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:04 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Reep: We don't know if we'll be fighting the new ones, but also, we don't know if we'll not be fighting the new ones, so it's safer to assume that we'll be fighting both old and new, slow and fast, that way we'll be properly prepared, and thus more likely to survive.

Padme: Just think of what you could be good at if you were in the middle of a natural disaster, then try to apply that to said apocalypse.

Crash: it depends on what kind of infestation it would be. If it's transferred by human contact, then just the shock would be a problem, as you say. If it's an airborne virus or pathogen, then we'd have slightly more of a problem, and going with OMB's plan would be best. Or if there's an outside source causing it, like in Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, then our original plans would come into effect.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:14 pm Reply with quote  

hmm well I'm no heavy weapons kinda guy and I'm no medic. I'm not used to firearms so best not to trust me as the sniper. I guess since I have experience with swords I could function as a scout or point man where ambushes might be more likely and some melee combat skill would be useful.

Oh and just a point of debate I was having with a friend: when spread by human contact can infections be caused by scratches or must they be through bites?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:47 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Queen Padmè Skywalker wrote:
So far, our zombie hunting team consists of Life, Reep, Caedus, Salaris, and myself. Oh, and also one coward Old Master Ben, who is hiding the bunker. Wink

You call me a coward now, but you'll call me a savior when I pop out of the bunker and rescue everyone's behinds.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm a student of medicine and I'll be fighting with a sword so I'll be the medic/close-quarters fighter.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Salaris Vorn wrote:
hmm well I'm no heavy weapons kinda guy and I'm no medic. I'm not used to firearms so best not to trust me as the sniper. I guess since I have experience with swords I could function as a scout or point man where ambushes might be more likely and some melee combat skill would be useful.

Oh and just a point of debate I was having with a friend: when spread by human contact can infections be caused by scratches or must they be through bites?

Depends upon the pathogen. If it's only in the saliva it would require a bite, but if it's in the skin then scratches could spread it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Old Master Ben wrote:
So far, our zombie hunting team consists of Life, Reep, Caedus, Salaris, and myself. Oh, and also one coward Old Master Ben, who is hiding the bunker. Wink

You call me a coward now, but you'll call me a savior when I pop out of the bunker and rescue everyone's behinds.

We won't need rescuing. Wink I suppose I'll be a scout/strategiest. Since I'm an education major, I shall also be responsible for teaching survival techniques to any little one we might happen to save.

As for the infection question, I would say that bodily fluid has to be transferred somehow, so either a bit or a scratch from a bloody hand would suffice.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:29 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
Salaris Vorn wrote:

Depends upon the pathogen. If it's only in the saliva it would require a bite, but if it's in the skin then scratches could spread it.

*pats armour lovingly*

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:03 pm Reply with quote  

Count me in. I'm the weapons expert/sniper/and armorer (I've got extra weapons) Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Last edited by Darth Skuldren on Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:

We won't need rescuing. Wink

I'll remember that when I hear your screams for help.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Old Master Ben wrote:
Old Master Ben wrote:

We won't need rescuing. Wink

I'll remember that when I hear your screams for help.

There won't be any. If I die, I'll die silently. Wink

So, my fellow zombie hunters.....would some RPing be acceptable?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:57 am Reply with quote  

I'd be down for some RPing. Do we want to conduct the RPing in this thread or create a seperate thread devoted to the RPing? If we do the latter might I suggest we carry it on in the role playing section of the forums (yes I like maintaining organization even during a zombie apocalypse Razz )

My vote: we start in or around a fictional town somewhere in North America or Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

How would that go down?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:48 am Reply with quote  

Like so http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=43528#43528 Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, no, Skuldren! No!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:23 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

*rubs hands together in glee*

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 5 of 8