Halloween 2011: What Ghoul Are You?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halloween 2011: What Ghoul Are You?
 PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:18 am Reply with quote  

Happy Halloween everyone. Many of you may be dressing up today for free candy or costume parties, so I figured this would be a good place to share who you'll be dressing up as and how you plan to celebrate.

Today my office is doing a costume contest so everyone will be dressing up at work. I'm dressed as a blood splattered doctor complete with white doctor coat, doctor's mask, rubber gloves, and to top it all off a zombie baby (all splattered in fake blood). Yes, even the undead need someone to deliver their babies...someone who still has a pretty good functioning brain. Very Happy

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I didn't plan on doing much this year so I'll probably just throw on my old Sith cloak if it still fits and hand out candy.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

My friend and I considered walking around our school as Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer, but we never got around to getting the stuff for it.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:11 pm Reply with quote  

My group had our Halloween party over the weekend. I dressed up as Indiana Jones.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I was the Weighted Companion Cube. Pure win.

Almost nobody got it though. Most people thought I was some kind of love box or love machine (due to the heart on the box).

-Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars

"Who cares what evil lurks in the hearts of men!"
"Unless evil's carrying the Martini tray, darling."
-Frank and Sadie Doyle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*gasp* Taral! There could be no better costume. That is totally awesome! Would have loved to see it. Cool

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:59 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I didn't dress up - but me and my friends sung Christmas carols at houses instead. Folks really seemed to enjoy it, actually, and several were incredibly nice - singing along or asking for more singing. Fun times. Next year we'll go in full winter garb and carry sheets of music to add to the effect.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I didn't dress up, or go to a party, or anything like that; just left a plate out for passing ghoulies.

I was going to say that Hallowe'en isn't really celebrated in that way, over here, however, that claim was shattered last night. We got a box of sweets and separated out the toffee and fudge ones (the ones that aren't popular in our house) so that we could give them to trick-or-treaters and keep the good ones to ourselves. Again, we thought that no one would even turn up to eat them. But it turns out that so many turned up that we ran out of the bad ones and had to give them our good ones! Crying or Very sad
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
I didn't dress up - but me and my friends sung Christmas carols at houses instead. Folks really seemed to enjoy it, actually, and several were incredibly nice - singing along or asking for more singing. Fun times. Next year we'll go in full winter garb and carry sheets of music to add to the effect.

Sounds like fun! Cool

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

This year I dress up as Paul from Slipknot to pay my respects to him. RIP Paul Grey. Maggot for life.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1