Zombie Apocalypse: Cantina Style
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 am Reply with quote  

Vorn noded at Life’s decision to stay behind. Sheathing his katana he equipped his bow and nocked an arrow. clear for now, let’s get going to retrieve those supplies before the shufflers get wise to the cantina being an all you can eat buffet

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Returning Vorn's nod and to the others, trying to convey good luck wishes without sounding like an idiot, I depart shortly behind Skuls, familiarising myself with the new weapon, making sure my revolver and pointy stick are secure on my person.

The roof offered a fine view of the surrounding landscape. That is, if a view of burned-out cars decrepit looking buildings with dried blood stains could ever be described as fine. I noted Skuls was already in position, prone, looking out across the fields, seeming to be at perfect oneness with his rifle.

'I was never one for firing blindly, anyway. Why spend a dozen bullets, when one can do the trick?' My question was rhetorical, needing no answer, getting none. I set up a few meters beside him, laying down a covering arc complementing his, placing my pointed bar within reaching distance, for when - not if - a sallying attack was needed against the Undead hordes, and I could go out to meet them, all the sooner. I hoped no one I knew would be in that number. I knew that it was a mercy to end their suffering, that of having their bodies taken over, but I couldn't help but wonder if there was some spark of humanity within them, screaming to come back.

I loaded the AUG, cocked my revolver, hoping I wouldn't have to find out.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Moving around the side of the building, knife in hand, I came across a walker in the grass. One remaining arm attached to it, dragging itself towards me, teeth glistening and ready to tear into a meal, I looked into its eyes. My hopes for a spark of humanity were crushed. The dead, milky eyes stared back with a lifeless gaze, reminding me that my own family had been put down. At least they'd been gone. I sighed as I put my blade through the socket of its eye, ending its misery.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:38 pm Reply with quote  

Vorn scanned the horizon as the rest of the group filed out of the building. Caedus was the second out and spotted a shuffler a second ahead of Vorn. Drawing the bow half way he aimed at the head and watched as Caedus approached the rotting mass. The pain of recent loss reflected in Caedus's eyes and for a half second he hesitated as he looked into the dead eyes as if hoping to see something. Then the knife struck.

The threat dispatched Vorn turned his attention back to the group. What a motley group we have, I know that mouse means business but it seems surreal, almost like a joke even to see a mouse in plate armor Vorn shrugged to himself I guess I'll see how a mouse fights soon enough Eyes to the front again he began moving forward the second he heard the cantina door close, stepping carefully to avoid anything that might attract attention.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:59 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Padme slipped silently along behind Vorn, her gun held at her side. She could see the station that was their objective in the distance and for a split second felt the urge to simply sprint for it. But that, of course, would probably be suicide. She knew that better than most. She kept alert, looking and listening for any sign of movement. Excluding the Undead thing Caedus had just dispatched, there were none. Padme frowned. Too peaceful, too quiet, Almost as if nothing were amiss. As if the life hadn't changed forever. She braced herself. This apparent serenity wouldn't last long.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crouched in the grass below, Caedus crept slowly along the ground, occasionally turning back to make sure Padme and Vorn hadn't seen anything, A perimeter check was necessary, might as well get it over with. He couldn't see the mouse, but that thing was dangerous with its little needle.

There were no more biters in site, but that meant they were likely inbound. The rustling of the leaves startled him, and he turned to face the shade...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Catching the turn of Caedus' head, Padme turned, raising her pistol. A dark figure lunged from the cover of shade. It took her a second to register that... dangit it was not an human zombie, but an infected dog. It immediately moved toward Reepicheep, mistaking the mouse for an easy meal. Reepicheep, however, was far too swift, darting sideways to escape the mutt's snapping jaw. Fighting the instinct to fire her pistol and draw more Undead to the site, Padme whipped the switchblade out of her boot and sank it into the creature's spine.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:18 pm Reply with quote  

Vorn watched as Padme’ dispatched the dog in almost complete silence. But the silence didn’t last long. In the branches a mere twenty yards away he saw two siluets. Contact ahead Vorn whispered as he crouched lower. The siluets turned and emerged from the trees, both distinctly undead and wearing police uniforms identifying them as part of a K9 unit. Not far behind three more siluets appeared. Frak Vorn muttered, his heart rate picking up as he drew his bow half way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:55 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crouched a few feet away from Vorn and Padme, Caedus watched as at least a dozen of the things emerged from the trees. Signalling them to move, he cut left as Vorn cut right and Padme took the middle...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:00 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Every instinct in my body screams to run to them, to dive in. I can't leave them on their own. It isn't natural. But then, nothing's natural, these days. Doing nothing while others are in danger wasn't easy for me.

But I am not helpless. Skuls and I turn our rifles over to the mass of Undead, ahead of our scouting party. Until the first shot rings out, though, we will hold our fire. Waiting. Watching. Fingers aching, ready to spring into action and send that first bullet into the Undead's skull, sweat dripping into my eyes, ignoring the slight sting. We can not risk drawing in more of those inhuman beings. If we can help it. If not, if one of ours is in trouble, then neither of us, I know, would have a problem with dispatching the demons without hesitation. We would bring death to the Undead. And you know what? I'd relish it, too.

So I stay. I wait.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep adjusted his helmet, which went askew when he dove to escape the dog. The others' faces were paling and he followed their gaze to see a dozen zombie police officers walking slowly towards them. The zombie in the lead was drooling for a meal.

"Right!", Reepicheep said as he unsheathed his broadsword.

He started running forwards with the others, wanting to pass them and make the lead zombie taste his steel.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Last edited by Reepicheep on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote  

Vorn watched as the mouse shot forward and disappeared into the tall grass, the only sign of his location was the motion of the grass as the armored mouse pushed it aside. The lead zombie made a low feral noise like a predator on the hunt for its next meal. They were now only 15 yard away at most. Vorn stood upright and brought his bow to a full draw. It was then that he saw the police zombies were wearing kevlar vests Well this just got more difficult A second later he released the arrow which shot forward into an eye socket of the zombie right behind the leader. Nocking another arrow he took aim at a second zombie and fired. He heard a high pitched battle cry and knew Reep had reached the lead zombie. For shufflers they had closed the distance at a disturbingly fast pace. Thank heaven these aren’t runners Vorn thought as he nocked and fired a final arrow before drawing his katana.

Last edited by Salaris Vorn on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:04 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ben made his way through the tunnel cautiously, flashlight held out before him. He hadn't used these passageways for years, but that didn't mean they couldn't be occupied. The tunnel would end at a small flight of stairs, leading up into the original home of his cantina. "The EU Cantina", as it was first called, was an empty dump, abandoned for years. There wouldn't be anyone for the zombies to go in there after, so hopefully there was no chance of one of the creatures finding it's way into the cantina and down the trapdoor.

Still, he was glad he had brought his sword.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme groaned softly as the Undead approached. No way to avoid them now. And even if there was, they certainly couldn't leave the thing to start trying to claw their way inside the cantina. Still, she'd been hoping to maintain silence for a bit longer. No matter now. Keeping aware of Reepicheep's location, she drew a pistol with each hand, leaving her rifle slung across her back. Taking careful aim at the head and throat of two of the creatures, respectively, she fired.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Padme firing to his side and the rodent decimating zombies in the center, Caedus unleashed his knives on the brutes. Two were immediately embedded in the foreheads of approaching creatures, and then his last two appeared in his hands. He left on in the temple of a rotting woman and spun to plant his last one only to be bowled over by a 7 foot tall nightmare. The stench of its rotting flesh burned his eyes and nose and it forced him to the ground, teeth snapping inches from his throat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Roleplaying

Page 3 of 10