worst films ever made
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

It was Disney! I wanted to like it! But I couldn't stand any of the characters. I like Atlantis better, for pete's sake. *shrug*

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:19 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

First of all...! Let me just say that as little children, my sisters and I were handed Batman Forever by someone. I do not remember where we acquired it. Perhaps the library? And we were children (I stress that point), and Batman Forever was a fun movie for us. Due to the fact that we watched it 1,000,246,370 times, it is nostalgically seared into my brain, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Sad

As for Treasure Planet...that's a great movie! And so is Atlantis that you compare it to. I may love Treasure Planet so much simply because I saw it so many times in my younger years. Atlantis, though, is just a great movie. I didn't like it when it first came out. I wasn't old enough to appreciate the humor, and it just didn't capture my attention. Now it's one of my favorites. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i havent seen atlantis but i did enjoy treasure planet i thought it was a very good movie.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:

As for Treasure Planet...that's a great movie! And so is Atlantis that you compare it to. I may love Treasure Planet so much simply because I saw it so many times in my younger years. Atlantis, though, is just a great movie. I didn't like it when it first came out. I wasn't old enough to appreciate the humor, and it just didn't capture my attention. Now it's one of my favorites. Smile

I've seen Treasure Planet once all the way through, but I just remember despising it. I'm willing to get it another shot, out of my deep abiding love for Disney.

As for Atlantis, I like it, I think it's pretty good, but it's....flawed, I guess you would say? The ending, especially. In my opinion. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

First of all...! Let me just say that as little children, my sisters and I were handed Batman Forever by someone. I do not remember where we acquired it. Perhaps the library? And we were children (I stress that point), and Batman Forever was a fun movie for us. Due to the fact that we watched it 1,000,246,370 times, it is nostalgically seared into my brain, and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Sad

I remember being heavily into Batman as a kid, and I, too, liked Batman and Robin. I'm not so keen on it, now, but I can sit through it and not cringe.

You're on your own with Treasure Planet, though Wink .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Caedus_16 wrote:
FateotJediFreak wrote:

But i dont feel like he changed at all!

When he was watching the Thing's deteriorate under his rule he began to understand what his mother was going through. In the end he got firm with them, and then made a mature decision. He grew in the end.

I didn't really see it that way. Even in the end he still came accross as a brat to me. I loved the book and just don't think that they did it justice with this movie. That's just my own personal opinion Smile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

After careful consideration, I've thought of a terrible film, or rather I was reminded of a film I'd seen at one point of time and suppressed all memory.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Super DNA gene.

But even as a ten year old or whatever I was, I was supremely disappointed in this movie that promised to be about an awesome cyborg bounty hunter.

I'm sure that Nemesis 3: Time Lapse (created with leftover footage from 2) and Nemesis 4 are worse films though. There's probably tons of godawful sci-fi B-movies from the 80s and 90s that I've seen that deserve to go on this list.

I think I actually saw the first 30 minutes or so of Nemesis 1 about a year or two ago because I was looking for cyberpunk films and it was passable in a "90s sci-fi channel movie" kind of way. Not the more recent Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus Syfy channel movie kind of way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:26 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

mega shark vs giant octopus now that was a truly awful film i forgot about that one,i think i watched about 30mins and turned it off i couldnt punish myself and watch anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:43 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Darth-Weeto wrote:
mega shark vs giant octopus now that was a truly awful film i forgot about that one,i think i watched about 30mins and turned it off i couldnt punish myself and watch anymore.

I was under the impression that that was one of those "intentionally bad" films. Like Sharktopus. The goal is to make a movie that's so bad that it's good.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yes, that's why I didn't name Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus. I haven't seen it, but if that youtube clip is any indication, it's so bad it's good. Nemesis II: Nebula is just godawful. There's no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I would say that Titanic was kinda awful, but it did have good special effects. That's something.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Taral: Love the chart! Gonna remember that one. Smile

So-Bad-It's-Good: Twister.

I remember this movie being hyped back in 1996 when it was in theaters. Just bothered to watch it for the first time last night. While the special effects were fairly decent for 1996, the movie was just so campy! When the cow flew by the windshield? Snickered a little. When it flew by again? The snicker turned into a less than amused face. And when it flew by a third time?! The face dropped to a scowl of contempt. So...

Life Lesson #247: Never use a less than stellar special effect THREE TIMES in the same 5 minutes. Neutral

Granted, it was still an enjoyable enough movie. If you're ever bored one evening (as I was), it'll give you something to do.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

@Taral: Love the chart! Gonna remember that one. Smile

So-Bad-It's-Good: Twister.

I remember this movie being hyped back in 1996 when it was in theaters. Just bothered to watch it for the first time last night. While the special effects were fairly decent for 1996, the movie was just so campy! When the cow flew by the windshield? Snickered a little. When it flew by again? The snicker turned into a less than amused face. And when it flew by a third time?! The face dropped to a scowl of contempt. So...

Life Lesson #247: Never use a less than stellar special effect THREE TIMES in the same 5 minutes. Neutral

Granted, it was still an enjoyable enough movie. If you're ever bored one evening (as I was), it'll give you something to do.

It may be because I'm a meteorology nut, but I happened to love Twister. Last time I saw it, I was 12, though... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dude, Twister gave me nightmares as a kid. Yeah....I was a pansy kid.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:33 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I kind of liked Twister. It wasn't a great movie, but it was my introduction to hurricanes, and specifically people doing crazy things around hurricanes, so, naturally, I liked it. I wanted to be one of those stormchasers, but unfortunately (ish) we don't have those huge ones, over here. Although, relative to land mass, we do have the most hurricanes in the world - even more so than that hotspot in the US (I think it's called tornado alley), but ours just aren't that big.

I'm feeling all alone in these 'what are your favourite ...' threads. I don't do favourites! Crying or Very sad
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Life is like the Force - Luke Skywalker, Crucible. Damn straight I am.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 3 of 9