Overrated Media
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Crash Override wrote:
VileZero wrote:
Quote:
Blu-Ray: These movies are good looking sometimes, but many of them are disjointed and awkward looking. They look fast-forwarded. I don't mind a few things in this format but for the most part they are only eh.

This is actually a problem with your television settings. For some reason, televisions that play channels and movies in HD have a setting that makes everything look fast forward. I found this out when my tv did the same, and googled it. It's a setting, and it can be fixed pretty easy. Just google your television model and something about fast forwarding, and it should pop up.

I'm guessing the television in question is either an LCD or an LED. It's because it's either a 120 Hz or 240 Hz HDTV. The reason it looks "fast forward" is because films are shot at 24 frames per second and the TV has motion interpolation turned on to create additional frames so the TV is running the 24 fps movie at a higher framerate.

If it's Samsung brand the motion interpolation feature is called Auto Motion Plus, Sony's is called MotionFlow, Panasonic is called Intelligent Frame Creation, LG is called TruMotion.

Basically the feature is intended to be used for sports programs because the LCD and LED TVs have worse refresh rates than plasma and consequently the action looks less smooth.

Motion interpolation! Yup, that's the stuff. Listen to Crash. Hope that's helpful, Caedus!

Dannik - Link's Awakening was a Gameboy game, and later re-updated into Link's Awakening DX for the Gameboy Color. It is technically the third Zelda game, after the two for the NES but before A Link to the Past. It's quite good. I recently downloaded it on my 3DS and it still holds up pretty dang well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Jaina Solo Fel wrote:
And to correct Mara's earlier statement, I loved the first two X-Men movies. The third one was utterly horrible and, to quote DannikJerikko, "rubbish."

Well...you know. I was generalizing. Alex likes the third one, and I find it enjoyable enough. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Oh, ok, I've never heard of it... But I'm sure it's great Very Happy

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Well...you know. I was generalizing. Alex likes the third one, and I find it enjoyable enough. Wink

Don't even get me started on that movie. Rolling Eyes
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I loved the new X-Men, why would anyone not!?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:49 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

i also loved the new x men film,we got to c a young magneto who is my favourite x men character. but i thought x men 3 was rubbish and overhyped

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:

Art:

The Mona Lisa: We get it, she's supposed to be hiding the secret of womanhood. You wanna know the secret?

I disagree with you on that one. It's a classic painting. Iconic. If you really want to see overhyped art, I suggest Marc Rothko. His work is nothing more than two or three colors (usually very similar colors) painted on canvas. I understand he was an abstract minimalist, but no, t's borrrrrrring.

Example:

Just to prove my point:

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:26 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Abstract art collapsed the Soviet Union.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I thought X-Men: First Class was rather unexceptional. But then I think the entire X-Men series is unexceptional so take it where it's coming from.

I have one: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3!

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:02 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Reepicheep wrote:
I thought X-Men: First Class was rather unexceptional. But then I think the entire X-Men series is unexceptional so take it where it's coming from.

Two words: James MacAvoy! (Okay, at least, that's what worked for me! Smile) After the letdown of the last X-Men movie, I really liked X-Men: First Class. Are you more of a DC comic guy?

Communications Coordinator at EUCantina.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm not a huge superhero guy actually(!). I like Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films and I LOVE Christopher Nolan's Batman fims, but that's about it.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

@Reep RE: COD: Try to read this paragraph, not as an angry, rehearsed trolling, but a genuine musing.

I like to consider myself a "gamer"; I like to play games that make you think, be it in a puzzle or in a suspensful storyline, then I like to find out EVERYTHING in the game, go back and see what would happen if I did this instead of that. I tend to prefer older games; not old, old lke Mario tennis, but SNES games from early to late 90's (Chrono Trigger, the Legend of Zelda) because they had worked out how to make games, so now they could concentrate on making the game mean something. They were like books, but you decide the end (Chrono Trigger has 13 different endings) and things that happen to the character, happened to you. Another game I really like is Tony Hawk's Underground, as it was one of the first games I played and the storyline was MEGA. But with COD there seems to be a distinct lack of imagination in it, it's like the early 80's again, the devs are simply trying to work out how to make the game look as good as possible and experimenting with these new graphics instead of gameplay, which I have nothing against, it simply means once they're done with that, they can concentrate on making a game that has chapters and story develepment and twists in the plot. I just think COD's a bit of fun in your spare time, not something you devote yourself to and can feel an attachment to. Rather than spend all of your time on the game trying to work out how to get round an obstacle, or weigh out the options, choose which path, you spend ALL your time doing the same thing. When you get a COD get you KNOW what you're buying, and you can have comfort in that, despite the fact it's quite low quality and very expensive. It's like the Starbucks of gaming. But that's just me. Sorry to rant, and I know I sound like one of those BF3 trolls but I'm not, really!

Again, I apologise! I won't stay on this, I probably won't mention it again. I know it's a hideously generic argument. It's not something I care that passionately about, though, if you like it, you like it, if you don't you don't.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

No, need to apologise. It's your honest opinion.

I just think video games in general are overrated.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Coldplay. THat is all

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I think that saying videogames are overrated is akin to saying books or movies in general are overrated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 8