Star Wars Trivia
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:15 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

darthrevan1 wrote:

On another note did anyone know that three actors played Wedge Antilles in a new hope?

In the rebel briefing room scene the pilot who says "Thats impossible even for a computer" is Wedge but played by actor Colin Higgins. Higgins was replaced later by Denis Lawson but it isnt Denis you hear. He was voiced by David Ankrum.

The first time you hear Denis as Wedge was in Rogue Squadron 11 Rogue Leader game.

Actually, Rogue Squadron II didn't come out until 2001. Denis first voiced Wedge in The Empire Strikes Back.
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I may have the beginning of this tale wrong, but the main portion is correct:

During filming of ESB, Harrison Ford couldn't get to the filming location on the train (or whatever mode of transportation he was using) because of the snow. So he hitched a ride on a snow plow! Very Happy

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:27 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jaina Solo Fel wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:

On another note did anyone know that three actors played Wedge Antilles in a new hope?

In the rebel briefing room scene the pilot who says "Thats impossible even for a computer" is Wedge but played by actor Colin Higgins. Higgins was replaced later by Denis Lawson but it isnt Denis you hear. He was voiced by David Ankrum.

The first time you hear Denis as Wedge was in Rogue Squadron 11 Rogue Leader game.

Actually, Rogue Squadron II didn't come out until 2001. Denis first voiced Wedge in The Empire Strikes Back.

Not according to the latest SW Insider but no details are given about either ESB or indeed ROTJ but to me he didnt until 2001

More trivia

James Earl Jones suffered from a stutter as a child. To combat this he wrote a number of his own poetry. When he read it in front of the class he didnt stutter so he was encouraged to write as much as he could and to read it aloud as much as he could.

Moray Bush who played Dengar in ANH was also David Prowse foot double in ANH. When Vader prods Kenobis empty cloak after their duel its Bushs foot that you see not Prowse

Liam Neeson wanted some romance to happen between Qui-Gon and Shmi in TPM

Carrie Fisher had a stunt double for Jabbas sail barge.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hmm. I don't get Insider. Maybe they were talking about specific voice work and didn't count Empire or Jedi? 'Cause that was the only Star Wars voice work he's done other than the movies, unless he's working on some right now. Confused
“Actually, I don’t quite recall. But I was made, so the existence of my maker is beyond question. And since I consider my existence to be a good thing, he was without a doubt benevolent and forward thinking.”
~Allana Solo and C-3PO

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Jaina Solo Fel wrote:
Hmm. I don't get Insider. Maybe they were talking about specific voice work and didn't count Empire or Jedi? 'Cause that was the only Star Wars voice work he's done other than the movies, unless he's working on some right now. Confused

To be honest Im not sure it just said the first time we hear Denis is in the Rogue Squadron game. If it was his voice in Empire or Jedi I would assume they would have said.

Im confused a bit too.

More trivia

First scene to be filmed in TPM was Sidious and Maul talking on Coruscant

Both Ben Burtt and Rick McCallum appear as extras in TPM while Lucas and his daughter Katie appear in ROTS.

The Boba Fett costume from Empire was made with Alan Harris in mind but it didnt fit. Jeremy bulloch who is Robert Watts a producer half brother was told if the costume fit the role was his. It did. Harris played Bossk the Trandoshan bounty hunter in the same scene.

Silas Carson played at least 3 roles in TPM. In one scene he plays a republic pilot talking to himself when hes a Neimodian as the Republic Cruiser prepares to land in the Trade Federation ship.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:55 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Katie Lucas appeared in all three prequel movies. First, as one of Anakin's friends (I believe she's the one that tells him his podracer is 'never going to run'. In the bar scene in ep II as the purple Twi'lek, and ep III as Revan says at the opera).

Amanda Lucas also appeared in all three prequels. Twice in Ep I: as the voice of a Neimoidian, and as one of Gardulla's dancers. In ep II in that same bar. And, in ep III, at the opera, too.

Jett Lucas only appeared in Eps II and III. Originally they were different characters, but after III was released, it was retconned as one person - the person being Zett Jukassa, who is the kid fighting the clones on the landing platform, when Bail turns to leave the Temple. His character is also in The Padawan Menace, I believe, though it's not voiced by him.

Want to know who else is in that ep II bar scene? Ahmed Best and Anthony Daniels. And Amy Allen. Three times.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:03 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Yes and the guy who used to be in Home and Away who tries to sell death sticks to Obi-Wan. That was a funny scene.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:06 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Banthas were just elephants wearing costumes. The one that played the one that we see ridden by the Tusken Raider got a leg infection or something while filming ANH.

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:13 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

In anh there was only one elephant. Mardji the other was a optical composite. I heard it died years after.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

darthrevan1 wrote:
In anh there was only one elephant. Mardji the other was a optical composite. I heard it died years after.

Most things do eventually die, sadly. Razz
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:18 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Taral-DLOS wrote:
darthrevan1 wrote:

Most things do eventually die, sadly. Razz

Yes and hopefully they become one with the force Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote  

I'm hijacking this thread for Star Wars trivia in general.

Lately I've learned a couple cool trivia items. For instance, author Barbara Hambly did not want to have to deal with Luke using the Force in the two books she wrote. So she invented reasons why he couldn't use the Force. In Children of the Jedi, Luke is badly wounded and forced to use all his abilities for healing and pain suppression, handicapping him from using the Force on anything else. In Planet of Twilight, Luke couldn't use the Force because it would randomly impact someone on the planet in a bad way.

Yeah, that's one way to get around writing the Force.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:14 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

How...how in the world?! How can you want to write Luke Skywalker, but not use the Force? That's like writing George Washington without bothering to mention he was a President, or writing Einstein and making him dumb. Or writing Neil Armstrong, but skirting around the fact that he was an astronaut! I always thought her books were bad...now I understand why. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I find it hilariously wtf on Hambly's part. Why would you accept a contract to write X number of books for a fandom when you don't want to deal with one of the key aspects that sets that fandom apart from others?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

That's ... that's ... I have no words. Correction: I have words, but nothing I can repeat on here. I echo Cerrinea's sentiments above.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Aush's EU Cantina

Page 3 of 5