Caedus' apprentice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe View previous topic :: View next topic  
Caedus' apprentice
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Who do you think it will be.

I'm guessing Zekk, it makes too much sense.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote  

I haven't given this too much thought lately but Zekk would be a descent candidate for the job. Yet they only have two books left to accomplish this. Ultimately it doesn't really matter. Caedus will probably die before he ever gets the chance to take an apprentice. As far as his role in the Sith goes, he's only meant as a distraction. His legacy is already doomed.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
I haven't given this too much thought lately but Zekk would be a descent candidate for the job. Yet they only have two books left to accomplish this. Ultimately it doesn't really matter. Caedus will probably die before he ever gets the chance to take an apprentice. As far as his role in the Sith goes, he's only meant as a distraction. His legacy is already doomed.

I think I know the answer to this from an accidental spoiler I came across and I hope it's false but I do believe it. It's so evil that it makes sense. If you think harder on it you probably can guess who I'm talking about.

Personally, however, I thought Caedus would never have an apprentice after losing Ben in Sacrifice and having more and more problems to deal with. But I guess those tassels are all going to come to pass anyway....

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I was thinking the apprentice thing was out the window, especially with only two books left. But now that you say that, Aush, I'm very curious. Agh...I can't wait for Revelation! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

These are my other ideas: Tahiri, Allana or mabye even a Yuzhann Vong. Oh and Skuldron, even if he does die before he gets an apprentice, it's still fun to guess, right? Wink

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Aush wrote:
Darth Skuldren wrote:

I think I know the answer to this from an accidental spoiler I came across and I hope it's false but I do believe it. It's so evil that it makes sense. If you think harder on it you probably can guess who I'm talking about.

Personally, however, I thought Caedus would never have an apprentice after losing Ben in Sacrifice and having more and more problems to deal with. But I guess those tassels are all going to come to pass anyway....

. . . can you say which book it's from?

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I don't want to spoil it since I don't even know for myself but there were rumors even before I read the spoiler. I'll give you more thoughts in the spoil tags here *beware, I think i really imply the person and just "blurted" it out; if you don't want to know, and I don't want to be blames, don't click the spoiler!!...that is all ):

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, well I was thinking the same thing, but thought it too obvious, so quit thinking it. But now I'm thinking it again. It's all very confusing!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Oh, well I was thinking the same thing, but thought it too obvious, so quit thinking it. But now I'm thinking it again. It's all very confusing!

My thoughts exactly, Mara Jade.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Less than a week from knowing. "Hold tight."

Who could it be??
 PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I think Tahiri is the best person for his apprentice. She's lost it in my book. "Ohhh, I need to kiss Anakin one more time so please let em flow walk Jacen - ohhh I miss him so much." She'll probably turn faster then Anakin/Darth Vader did to Palpatine. Exclamation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Many characters in her position would fall easily because they think they have nothing left to lose. It's sad and I hope someone comes around to set her straight. I loved when Leia fought her in disgust by the way she was acting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quote  

I think she's one of those characters nobody knew what to do with once they killed Anakin off. But now is a very interesting opportunity for the authors to give her an exit. I think it's fitting with the whole Sith sham that Caedus is running. Technically I don't think he's done anything to be a Sith, just your average Dark Jedi. Tahiri is nothing but his pawn, and pawn are often thrown away in grand schemes of victory. Jacen was always a sucker for disillusionment.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:10 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

That's exactly what I think Caedus is using Tahiri for as he got her to track his parents. After NJO, there were a few things that the authors could have decided to do with characters, many of which could just phase out into the background like so many, but...now we have them all falling.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

You think they've run out of ideas? Or perhaps they know they'll make millions off of each one so they don't care about the story too much. Although...if that were true, it would mean the first ones would be the best. And as good as Zahn's books were, after that...almost everything Bantam was horrid. So...I dunno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Characters of the Expanded Universe

Page 1 of 2