Which X-Wing book is the best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best X-Wing Book
Rogue Squadron
33%
 33%  [ 2 ]
Wedges Gamble
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
The Krytos Trap
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
The Bacta War
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wraith Squadron
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Iron Fist
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Solo Command
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Issards Revenge
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Which X-Wing book is the best
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:33 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

There are currently 9 books (not including graphic novels) in the X-Wing franchise. Which one was your favourite? Mine is Wedges Gamble. Not going to give away too much but it had a great ending.

I absolutely loved that series.

EDIT It wouldnt let me add Starfighters Of Adumar but you can comment about it if its your favourite

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I loved each and every one of them, and unforunately I can't recall a specific book I liked the most.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

Gonna go with Starfighters of Adumar. Maybe a couple of the others were better books, but no other book has made me laugh harder.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote  

That's like trying to pick which of the Thrawn trilogy books was your favorite. I'm not sure I could pick one. I'd really have to re-read them all again. Both Stackpole and Allston did a great job. I really did like the Wraiths, but I'm not sure if they were better or not.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:41 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Starfighters. Second favorite is Iron Fist. You know. Because of THE scene. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

You were right to leave Starfighters of Adumar off this list. It's not an X-Wing book, it just happens to have "X-Wing" in the title because it would sell so many more copies than "Tycho and Wedge go to Adumar, leave all the pilots behind and fall in love."

For the record, The Krytos Trap is the best one. All of Stackpole's in general are better than Allston's, but the death scenes of Loor and Erisi were especially well-written.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Again, this may be down to my not doing favourites, but I'm having trouble picking which one I liked best. I read the series back to back, and so they've all blended together, for me. I suppose, though, that if I were to have to pick, I'd choose Rogue Squadron, and Wraith Squadron. I seem to remember observing that, as the casualties accumulated in each (sub)series, the characterisations of the new pilots weren't as fleshed out as the originals, and so I didn't put much thought to remembering their names.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What I really liked about Wedges Gamble was the jump in quality from bopok one to that. Not that Rogue Squadron was bad its just that Wedges Gamble was really good.

All of the books were very character driven which was what I love about the series. I especially love when new pilots joined the team be it Rogue Or Wraith and the death scene in Iron Fist was one of the most emotional scenes ever in an EU book.

I could argue that Face and Tom Phanan were one of the best double acts in SW. Although it didnt last too long it was one of the best ones. It never gets a mention.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1