Clone Wars on DVD
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clone Wars on DVD
 PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm really looking forward to Clone Wars DVD's. I t will be so nice when you feel like watching Star Wars, but not sitting around for 2 hours and/or don't have time. I don't generally buy TV shows on DVD, so any idea when they will be coming out?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quote  

DVDs for the series probably won't be released till the end of the first season. That's how it usually works for tv series.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote  

*Bumping this thread*

A Clone Wars dvd will be coming out March 24 with 4 episodes on the disc. The four episodes will be: Ambush, Rising Malevolence, Shadow of Malevolence, and Destroy Malevolence. Price is $15.99 at StarWarsShop.com (available for pre-order right now)

StarWarsShop.com

Now personally, I'm not liking this. I'd rather have a "Season 1" DVD release rather than picking these episodes up piecemeal wise in groups of 4, and that's assuming all of them end up on dvd in some timely manner.

Thoughts?

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

*sigh* I am such a sucker. I don't even watch this show and yet I know I'm going to end up buying it.

You're right, though. That's a terribly way to release them. 4 at a time, for not much less than the same price as a season? I couldn't see a season going for more than $30. Though...this is Star Wars. They could charge $80 and most would pay it. *sigh again* Bummer.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm probably going to wait till there is a Season 1 boxset. It will probably end up being cheaper in the end. Mara, when did you stop watching it? The first few were a little slow, but the new ones are pretty neat.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:56 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I finally saw the movie, finally after how many months lol. Anyway I can't wait for the first season to be out on dvd.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I quit watching it pretty early on. I think I only saw up to where they destroy the Malevolence. I wasn't terribly enjoying it at the time, and I don't have anything but analog right now. Soo...it's not so easy to keep up with all the shows. But never fear, I'll get caught up one of these days. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

This is not something I am going to be recommending to anyone. Four episodes? I dont know, seems kind of pointless to me. I will wait for the full season.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Four episodes, wow I didn't know that. Total waste of money, I'll wait.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The only upside to this is it would be fun to have mountains of Clone Wars dvds. You could fill a pool with them and swim in it to your hearts content. Still doesn't change my mind.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well that's an interesting fantasy, but I'm afraid it just doesn't appeal. Neutral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

At least not enough to buy all them. Because, let's face it, if you bought all of them you'd be living in the pool.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 am Reply with quote  

In my opinion, if they actually do dole out the entire season in 4 story segments, then people are going to begin pirating the shows like crazy. Of course I think they will "eventually" release a complete season set, but who knows how long they'll put that off or what kind of price tag they'll put on it. I just don't see the reasoning here, not any that I like at least.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:39 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This is typical children television show style-- they will release only four episodes and then, before the second season airs, release the entire first season. No idea why they do it, many companies just do.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 5