Star Wars: The Essential Reader's Companion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The main issue I've seen raised is that Krayt was shown as spending most if not all of the intervening time in stasis from near the beginning of the One Sith to the time of Legacy.

This IMHO is an easy workaround. Simply ret-con it so that he went into Stasis immediately after helping defeat Abeloth to a) restore his drained power (because he'll have sustained wounds similar to Luke's, if not worse due to his advanced age, and the general drain of the dark side) and b) avoid Luke's detection.

Not really a huge issue.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:58 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Guys, I never saw this as an issue. The tattooed figure kept showing up and disappearing, remember? I assumed he was projecting his image. That he was always on Korriban in stasis, but because of what was happening with Abeloth, he could appear as if he's walking around outside looking at some specific event, and then fade away.

So I never read this as a problem.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:
Guys, I never saw this as an issue. The tattooed figure kept showing up and disappearing, remember? I assumed he was projecting his image. That he was always on Korriban in stasis, but because of what was happening with Abeloth, he could appear as if he's walking around outside looking at some specific event, and then fade away.

That doesn't work had a Krayt physical interaction with one the of the Jedi knights on Coruscant. I can't remember who and I don't have Apocalypse with me. Anybody remember who it is?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:54 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Taral-DLOS wrote:

You're not the only one I've seen mention it. Some people complain about it a lot more. Didn't mean to point you out.

Cerrinea wrote:
That doesn't work had a Krayt physical interaction with one the of the Jedi knights on Coruscant. I can't remember who and I don't have Apocalypse with me. Anybody remember who it is?

Minor Jedi. Don't remember the name either, but it wasn't anyone who's had more than 2 sentences.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:03 pm Reply with quote  

Brian Rood has posted all of his portraits from the ERC onto his website. You can check them out here. They're available in large sizes, perfect for making custom wallpapers.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I wish they had names with them. Some are obvious and some I have a good guess. But I have no idea who some of them are.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:51 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

If you view the image and then zoom in, you can see the names.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:55 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

So who is Jeena?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote  

Jenna Zan Arbor - Wookieepedia link

I've got the names tagged on the pics if it makes it easier.
Pinterest Link

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Dude you did a great job there. There's a lot of pics I haven't seen because I didn't get that book.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 7 of 7