The Wrath of Darth Maul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Jeeeeeesus! Hadn't even thought of that! What are the in universe dates for Plagueis? Was it meant to be going on during TCW? Or are you talking about something else?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:
Jeeeeeesus! Hadn't even thought of that! What are the in universe dates for Plagueis? Was it meant to be going on during TCW? Or are you talking about something else?

Plagueis will take place in the time leading up to Episode I but I actually think he's still alive till around the time of TCW so maybe actually.

Re: The Wrath of Darth Maul
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Alan Skywalker V wrote:
A preview of this book somehow ended up on Amazon. I read the first two pages and stopped; I thought I was going to throw up.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

SO disappointed. TCW has screwed Maul so much I can't take it anymore. Now that influence is creeping elsewhere! Needless to say this is NOT a book I will be picking up, and I'm seriously considering junking TCW as well. I kept going back and forth on the issue before finally deciding to accept TCW, but now, with this pathetic excuse for a book that clearly shows TCW's influence, I have lost my grudging respect for the show.

Interesting. Just wait till you read Darth Plagueis.....

I'm goint to assume that you mean that Plageus changes a lot of what we "thought" was going on. Now I think logical changes to things, or learning the background behind events we didn't completely understand is quite fine.

For example, TCW adding Oppress (Opress, Oppres?) and heightening the conflict between Dooku and Ventress is great. It ties into the later occurences in Obsession (specifically Ventress's defection) quite well.

But bringing back a guy who is obviously very dead. Intended to be dead. WIthout any realistic way he could have survived. Mostly for kicks and giggles. Is annoying. I doubt that this will have a purpose to it other than "ZOMGS Moar Darth Maulzzzzz!!!"

Just...no.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Caedus_16 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

Plagueis will take place in the time leading up to Episode I but I actually think he's still alive till around the time of TCW so maybe actually.

What makes you think that?

I can't see Palpatine training not one but two apprentices of his own without there being issues between them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:26 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Caedus_16 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

hashtagfacepalm

Relying on you guys for info, The Wook has tripped over.

Henning, who is the other Apprentice? And wasn't Palpy in favour of TRoT?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

Last edited by DannikJerriko on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

VileZero wrote:
Crash Override wrote:
Technically this doesn't screw anything up; people just don't like it.

You misunderstand. I don't care about continuity, I just think it's utterly stupid. And it is.

I doubt he's going to have this six legged droid chassis in TCW. They're described as makeshift. I don't plan on reading this book since it's a young adult thing, so it doesn't really bother me that he has six legs in it.

I don't really think there's a connection to TCW besides Maul's survival.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If there's anything strange in Darth Plagueis, I frankly admit I'll probably overlook it since I've been waiting for this book a long time. Wrath of Darth Maul, on the other hand, is just ... blech.

Edit: On the subject of the YA books, I do read JA, JQ, Last of the Jedi, and Boba Fett. Haven't read RF, JJK or YJK yet; I probably will and some point though. Jedi Prince ... I'll probably pass on it, due to the continuity issues. These Windham books I don't feel the need to read unless there's a significant amount of new material in them.

Any YA books I'm forgetting?

Last edited by Alan Skywalker V on Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

DannikJerriko wrote:

I'm not allowed to discuss the book though. I will say that it doesn't cross into episode 2. But that's all I can hint at.

When I saw Maul on the back cover for Darth Plagueis I was excited. But the book made me stop and think about how much I love Maul and I had to do some re learning if you feel me.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:34 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth_Henning wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

I can't see Palpatine training not one but two apprentices of his own without there being issues between them.

You'll love it. I feel.

Wrath of Maul- I look forward to it. If it gets the same "Canon" status as Darth Plagueis we'll be fine. If it doesn't I'm going to enjoy it till the continuity shifts AGAIN then say MEH.

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:35 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

I'm not allowed to discuss the book though. I will say that it doesn't cross into episode 2. But that's all I can hint at.

When I saw Maul on the back cover for Darth Plagueis I was excited. But the book made me stop and think about how much I love Maul and I had to do some re learning if you feel me.

Ah, say no more, say no more. A nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

Re: The Wrath of Darth Maul
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:37 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth_Henning wrote:

I'm going to assume that you mean that Plageus changes a lot of what we "thought" was going on. Now I think logical changes to things, or learning the background behind events we didn't completely understand is quite fine.

You're on track. It's a mind blowing story! But the again I find ALL Sith POV stories to be. lol

-
-

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:40 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:

Henning, who is the other Apprentice? And wasn't Palpy in favour of TRoT?

Everything I've ever seen of Palpatine suggested he was. That's what bugs me about this book.

My reference to two apprentices was the basis of my disbelief that the book could run TCW - Maul and Dooku. It has to end before then, and I would assume before episode I....or at least I thought so until I read:

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
I will say that it doesn't cross into episode 2. But that's all I can hint at.

This worries me a lot. The idea of Maul being trained while Plagueis is still alive is going to drive me crazy until I read the book. I hope that's not the case, but I don't know how else he'd make a cover.

Sigh. Not promising. This revent obsession with Maul is ridiculous IMHO.

Crash Override wrote:
I doubt he's going to have this six legged droid chassis in TCW. They're described as makeshift. I don't plan on reading this book since it's a young adult thing, so it doesn't really bother me that he has six legs in it.

I don't really think there's a connection to TCW besides Maul's survival.

Is there a particular reason you don't read the cannon young-adult novels? Some of them do have semi-decent stories in them.

And I'm sure it will connect to TCW in smoe way. The others in that series all have connected to a lot of other media.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's already been established that Palpatine was training Maul before Plagueis was dead; at least, in order for there to be any ambiguity concerning Anakin's origin.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:44 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:

You'll love it. I feel.

Wrath of Maul- I look forward to it. If it gets the same "Canon" status as Darth Plagueis we'll be fine. If it doesn't I'm going to enjoy it till the continuity shifts AGAIN then say MEH.

I assume you mean both cannon?

You've known me (and my tastes) long enough that i find that slightly reassuring. Anything that might send me wildly off the deep end? (ie yes or no, no details required)

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:

I'm going to assume that you mean that Plageus changes a lot of what we "thought" was going on. Now I think logical changes to things, or learning the background behind events we didn't completely understand is quite fine.

You're on track. It's a mind blowing story! But the again I find ALL Sith POV stories to be. lol

i figured that's what would happen when they announced this. Should be interesting.

Crash Override wrote:
It's already been established that Palpatine was training Maul before Plagueis was dead; at least, in order for there to be any ambiguity concerning Anakin's origin.

I've never seen an official reference to that outside fan speculation. Source me please?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The NEC said that Sidious trained Maul in secret away from Plagueis, but I'm not sure whether to take the NEC at face value or not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 9