Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:44 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I think the world of Skyrim (and Tamriel as a whole) would really suit that of an MMO. I've often wondered what it'd be like to have a small group of us wander around, testing our characters on each other, completing quests, etc.. That said, I'm not a PC gamer, nor an MMO gamer, so I won't be playing this.

In other news, I've collected all the artefacts! Yay! And I decided to do the Stormcloak questline. So far, it's a lot like the Empire's questline. I felt bad when I decided to do it, because my character deserved to do something good, after being mired in Daedric evil (even though the last two Daedric were rather good, and didn't ask anything particularly evil of her), rather than join the rebellion, but I felt it would make a good story, on the whole. The misguided Dragonborn trying to do what's best and not really getting there until the very end.

Oh, and those Stormcloaks just love my Elven armour ...
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:50 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Life Is The Path wrote:
even though the last two Daedric were rather good, and didn't ask anything particularly evil of her

Which ones? Azura and Meridia weren't very evil. I lost out one the one where you have to kill that priest when doing the nightmare quest around Dawnstar, as I refused to kill him.

Life is the Path wrote:
Oh, and those Stormcloaks just love my Elven armour ...

What do they say?

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

Last edited by DannikJerriko on Fri May 04, 2012 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:41 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

They say something along the lines of 'Elven armour? What, Nordic steel isn't good enough for you?' in sarcastic tones, and variations of.

The last two were The Whispering Door, which I only had to speak to the Jarl's son, talk to a door, and then pickpocket a key to get a sword. The Daedra Mephala says, after the quest is completed, that the blade has to taste the 'blood of deceit' in order for it to work properly, but you don't have to do that in order to get the achievement. At least, I didn't.

The other was The Cursed Tribe, where I had to kill a giant attacking an Orc camp, collect a few ingredients, go with the Orc leader to a giant camp and kill a giant or two, and then kill a backstabbing Orc (depending on which dialogue you use). Very little evil to those two quests.

Dannik, I have a question for you. You seem to be quite enamoured of this game, and the setting as a whole. Once you're finished with this game (or finished to your satisfaction), do you think you'll be getting Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion?

EDIT: I have in mind to make my walkthrough with this character into a bedtime story, which I can tell my niece when she's slightly older Very Happy .
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:13 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

Last edited by DannikJerriko on Fri May 04, 2012 5:29 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:28 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, it's just absorb health, with the amount it takes increasing with every betrayal. I didn't do it, myself, since I felt it didn't fit my character at that point, but I found a few in-universe books on it.

I haven't played Oblivion, because I was put off by the fighting controls, when it first came out. However, I have heard some pretty great things (including one person on here saying it's their favourite game ever), so I think it's well worth overlooking its faults. Certainly, the last Hitman game came out at the beginning of the 360's life cycle, so the graphics aren't exactly Halo Reach level of pretty yet it's still one of my favourite games.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Uh... My last post is just blank. I edited it and added some stuff but it appears to have deleted itself.

If I find Oblivion for cheap, I'll get it.

Life, you've done the Dark Brotherhood, yes? Are there any really innocent people you have to kill?

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Sorry for the double post, but when I edit a previous post, it seems to disappear.

I now have all three bound weapon spells, and once I get the Quiet Casting perk, I'm going to get rid of my bow (the only weapon I carry apart from the daggers) and see whether I can survive with no weapons (except my daggers), only the bound ones.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:16 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2403944,00.asp

I'm not really a MMO fan but you might like this.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm having some trouble getting the achievement for restoring the thieves guild. I've done all five quest and the special quest for each city, and I thought that was all there is to it. Do I have to have finished Darkness Returns? If so that sucks, because I got the glitch to do one of the subquests twice which makes it so that you can never finish it.

I don't really want to go back and do 30 thieves guild missions again on my other game. Sad

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Don't know, sorry.

This is cool.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Double post, sorry.

I bought Oblivion, GOTY Edition (Knights of the Nine + Shivering Isles). It looks completely different to Skyrim. Gameplay+graphics. Haven't played it yet, though.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Can you use third person POV in ESIV or is it only limited to first person? I don't like the first person, it's hard to tell where you are in relation to the objects around you, the screen is blocked by the items you're holding and worst of all you can't see all the cool things you put on your character to make them custom. The fact that you could switch views in skyrim was the thing that made me want to play it.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 5:22 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Yeah, you can switch, but I'm not a big fan of third person. Whenever I put on cool stuff in Skyrim, I go third person and check it out, but I play in first person. I get what you mean by having a blind spot from your weapon, but I'm an archer, so my FOV doesn't have to be that wide, as the enemies are far away, and when they're near I use magic. But in TESIVO you can't see the the front of your character, because you know in Skyrim when you sheathe your weapon you can go cinematic and your character doesn't turn with the camera? You can't do that in Oblivion, you're character always turns with the camera.

Also, you can't sprint, which is weird. The act of drawing a bow in this game is so annoying I'm just not doing it. I'm basically just using magic and a mace. I'm not sneaking as much in this game, as I have realised there is very little advantage in it; 2x damage with a bow and 3x with one handed. Also, detection is completely binary, detected or not, not like Skyrim where they search for you and it dies down after a while.

Another thing; health doesn't regenerate, so you have to constatntly heal yourself.

I chose a Breton as the species, chose the Mage as my speciality and the Mara as the birthsign, so I'm buffed up on Magic.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

thanks for letting me know. I tried playing either 3 or 4, but didn't really like it. Now that I know the history from skyrim, I might try them again and appreciate it more.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

DannikJerriko wrote:
Don't know, sorry.

This is cool.

that video reminds me of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8hTLGfKtsY&feature=related

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 17 of 21