Skyrim
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:37 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Well, I can't articulate how much I recommend it. Passed the 250 hour mark yesterday.

And my soundtrack arrived! Very Happy

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Ok, lots of E3 news

http://kotaku.com/5916308/crossbows-and-vampire-lords-in-dawnguard-look-amazing-in-action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIZ-o5VlhCo

I got it right from the start! We will get a Summon Mount spell! Very Happy

Also, I did an analysis of the trailer. It's mostly for me, but I thought I'd share - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zGKsIjozCI4Wm1aubnTaHdYilJWSfaZlKNHl1PbeFKw/edit

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I just cleared out Broken Tower Redoubt for a bounty, and every kill I got (7-9, I think) was a killcam! It was amazing! I had Invisibility in one hand and my Ebony Dagger in the other, just sneaking up behind some Forsworn, going into the throat-slicing animation (1st and 3rd person) them disappearing. The awesome purple explosion made by becoming visible make a slow-motion killcom so much cooler Cool And I think I've worked out the secret; each time, I did it while I was moving. Try it, tell me if I was lucky, or have finally cracked it!

Also: http://skyrimforums.org/threads/the-dwemer-quest-supposedly-hidden.11262/ - Serious wowser there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote  

finally got 100 smithing and Dragon armor! I also have a mod (PC) that allows Dragon bone weapons so I'm very happy. I think light armor got the better look of the two Dragon armors and happily I'm a light armor user.

I've also formally declared a personal war against the Thalmor (I used to only attack them to liberate a prisoner). I now intend to kill them whenever I find them. Like my MO from Oblivion I leave a random key on my victims (in this case the Thalmor leader in the robes). I had a great moment where I got a stealth shot off (not a kill shot) which alerted the Thalmor party I was stalking. As all three came racing at me I was firing off arrows wounding each before killing them and then on the last one got a killcam on an arrow shot that was almost point blank. Kinda felt like Legolas at Amon Hen with that kill cam. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I justify my killings of the Thalmor by talking to one of them, wait until the others walk off, and whatever I say makes them attack me, so I'm in the right. Sort of Cool

But I thought you couldn't drop keys? At least, I can't...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:17 pm Reply with quote  

DannikJerriko wrote:

But I thought you couldn't drop keys? At least, I can't...

I haven't tried dropping them (the way you might drop a cool Dwemer object to be a decoration in your house). But I am able to place them "in" the body of the Thalmor the same way one might place an object in a chest. Sure it may not be as cool as wedging it in their mouth or something but I still like it as an MO.

Speaking of which does anyone have any MO they leave on their murder victims (in game victims that is, I'm assuming no one here moonlights as a serial killer)?

Oh and cool thing I've heard about (but haven't tried): with the Forsworn Briar Hearts if you pick-pocket their Briar Heart it kills them instantly because their human heart has been carved out and replaced with a Briar Heart in some sort of dark magic ritual.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:18 am Reply with quote  

So my first true "you play Skyrim a lot (too much?)" moment:

When you realize that at some point your brain stopped defining "cat person" as meaning "liker or owner of cats" and redefined it as "belonging to the Khajiit race" Laughing

Oh and I had a wonderful Skyrim joke moment on my archaeology dig the other day:

One of the crew was putting down his screen after finishing sifting a bucket of dirt for artifacts. I had been helping him and as it dropped to the ground it came close to banging my knee. As he is a fellow Skyrim player I jokingly said "I used to be an archaeologist like you until I took a screen to the knee"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:31 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Salaris Vorn wrote:
So my first true "you play Skyrim a lot (too much?)" moment:

I got that last night when I passed 300 hours...

And has anyone got Dawnguard? I'm afraid to say I've already completed it and am now doing their Radiant Quests, which are much, much better than normal Radiant quests. I chose the Dawnguard. You get almost no advantages, except the crossbow and ARMOURED TROLLS! They're so cute, in a weird kind of a way...

Mine does 250 damage when wearing all my enchanted armour + 31 points fire damage (I added this myself) and ignores 50% of armour (you get this by doing a quest to find upgrade schematics). I called it Agdinok, which is "Burndeath" in Dragon Language Cool

You also get a fantastic follower, plus other random Dawnguard members.

It adds a few more locations, one of which is a Dwemer Ruin, and another is a drug den Cool I don't know if there are more, I need to do some exploring.

Now for some spoilers;

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I don't know whether this is new or not, but I worked out how to control the zoom when in third person; hold down the right analog stick then use the left analog stick to control the zoom level.

I recommend Dawnguard. It's 1600 MS Points. Don't know how much for PC or PS3. OH WAIT YOU CAN'T GET IT YET!!!!! AHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!! NYEH NYEH NYEH! (sorry)

Edit: My playtime is roughly 3x the average playtime. It was 75 hours in February, so I can only assume it's gone up to, say... 110? I'm at 302.

Edit 2 (I can see where this is going... again Wink ) : You know the tales of The Lusty Argonian Maid? Well in Dawnguard, I've just found a book called the Sultry Argonian Bard: Vol 1 Cool

And now we can make arrows.

And I can now have two active Standing Stones. I won't say how, but it is legit, and not cheaty. It's from a quest.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:21 am Reply with quote  

This reminds me that I need to purchase Dawnguard. Time to get back into Skyrim Cool

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

It's always time to get into Skyrim Wink

Some pictures from Skyrim, that look like real life.

So byooteefool. Taken from here (Official Xbox forums)

These are obviously from a hardcore modded-out high-end PC.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote  

Question: how to crossbows compare to regular bows?

Also can you really fight from horseback now? I saw trailers that might hint at that but I'm not sure if it was actually implimented.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Question: how to crossbows compare to regular bows?

Damage-wise, pretty similar. You can only get two kinds; regular and Enhanced. They both do the same damage, but Enhanced ignore 50% of armour. I think they have less of an arc, the bolts are faster and you can get exploding bolts of fire, frost and shock. Mine is improved to Legendary and does around 250 damage, plus 31 points of Fire (I added this myself), and ignores 50% of armour.

Salaris Vorn wrote:
Also can you really fight from horseback now? I saw trailers that might hint at that but I'm not sure if it was actually implimented.

Yes you can. The archery is awkward, but with one-handed it is more useful than I thought it would be. Also, trying to find what's attacking you can be a bit difficult.

And as we all know, horses in TES are infamous for their dubious physics, so if I'm ever stuck mountaineering, I can just summon up Arvak (the horse you can summon) and traipse over vertical surfaces Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:20 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I want to put this on my door and this on my Xbox Cool

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote  

DannikJerriko wrote:
this on my Xbox Cool

Shouldn't you put a second one on the case for Skyrim?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:21 pm Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Salaris Vorn wrote:
DannikJerriko wrote:
this on my Xbox Cool

Shouldn't you put a second one on the case for Skyrim?

OOH! Even better!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 20 of 21