I'm new to Mos Eisley- can you help me?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Spaceport View previous topic :: View next topic  

Republic Commando
100%
 100%  [ 8 ]
dislike
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

I'm new to Mos Eisley- can you help me?
 PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:49 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I have just looked at a game called Republic Commando. I'm a total Star Wars nerd (like knowing that R2-Q5 tried to kill Wat Tambor and R2-D2 nerdy) so I want to know how many people like the game?
you have 15 days

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I think you'll find that most of the members here have heard of that game. Welcome to the forums!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:16 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

I've played it, yes. Several times, in fact, and enjoyed each playthrough thoroughly. Welcome!
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:03 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I do not own the game (though I keep meaning to purchase it), but I've played the demo to absolute death. And I adore the books. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I had a quick look on the Steam Store just now, to see how much a download of the RC game would be, and it made me moan out loud. All of the games are on sale! And I mean, a big sale. The Jedi Knight collection is only a few pounds. And it's limited offer. I just might cave. You might want to have a quick look on Steam, yourself, Mara. You might give in to the dark side, too Razz
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:20 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Life, why must you tempt me so! *runs and checks Steam*

$2.49?! That's like...insanely awesome! Life...I can't believe you tricked me into this. I must cave, as there is no other option. Sad

*purchases* Whoo! Proud owner of Republic Commando. Thanks for the heads-up. Smile

Good thing I already owned 90% of the Super Duper Star Wars Game Package, or I may have caved on that, as well. Cause that's an excellent price. Confused

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I tempt because I know you'll be happier afterwards, and because it's a great deal so there's perhaps no downside. And because I'm evil Twisted Evil .

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:45 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Thank you all for the great feedback
I might just check Steam as well
*runs to Steam*
Holy Son Of A Girthsak
that is amazing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:32 am Reply with quote  

As others already said RC is an amazing game. The main quest is a tad short if you ask me (this opinion is far more based on how much I love the game and wish it had a KOTOR length main quest. To be fair it probably runs the normal length of an FPS main quest).

If you are a bit inventive there are plenty of ways you can create challenges for yourself to keep it interesting after you've beat it a few times (use only Republic issued weaponry on hard mode for example).

Welcome to the forums! I hope you enjoy your stay here and enjoy RC!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:37 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The game wouldn't make it in my top 5 SW games ever list, but I liked it in general.

Some of the "walking Holocrons" don't like it because it features giant Wookiees, B2 droids that don't go down as fast as the ones in the TCW cartoon, strange looking B1 droids and stuff like that, but I just view that as a game mechanics thing, which is non canon anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:15 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

I've been playing it off and on (bought it on Steam too). I found it very difficult (to the point of taking some enjoyment out).

It's no KOTOR or TIE Fighter or Jedi Outcast (my favourite Star Wars games), but it's good.
"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Page 1 of 1