TCW Asajj Ventress/Qiunlan Vos Novel coming Summer 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
TCW Asajj Ventress/Qiunlan Vos Novel coming Summer 2015
 PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

From Star Wars Books Facebook page, report from SDCC:

https://www.facebook.com/starwarsbooks?fref=nf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

That is pretty awesome - though I think Ventress looks much better without hair.

“No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don’t give a damn. None shall pass.”

“Eventually, we all betray something, Tahiri. It’s what you stay true to that counts.”

"Shaken, not stirred, will get you cold water with a dash of gin and dry vermouth. The reason you stir it with a special spoon is so not to chip the ice. James is ordering a weak martini and being snooty about it."

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Still haven't decided whether I'm going to be reading any of these new books. If enough people here start reading, I might jump on the bandwagon.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 pm Reply with quote  

Let there be art!

Ventress with hair ain't so bad.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

My friends have pretty much banned me from getting new books until my To Read box is down to five, so I'm not sure if I will be allowed to. Which is a shame, because I was looking forward to the Tarkin novel, and to a slightly lesser degree, A New Dawn. But this Ventress/Vos book just doesn't interest me.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

always looking for Quinlan Vos material...should be an interesting novel. looking forward to grab it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote  

TCW sparked an interest in Ventress so I'm fully onboard with this one. Honestly, I don't care about Quinlan Vos. I just hope they don't kill her. Dave Filoni's concept sketches show a scene where it looks like they kill her. Crying or Very sad

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I'm all for this novel!

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Even if I wasn't abstaining from anything that won't be referenced 20 years from now, surferdude Vos would not entice my reading.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Darth Skuldren wrote:
TCW sparked an interest in Ventress so I'm fully onboard with this one. Honestly, I don't care about Quinlan Vos. I just hope they don't kill her. Dave Filoni's concept sketches show a scene where it looks like they kill her. Crying or Very sad

I definitely love Ventress...but I always found her being a bit pushed around by Dooku, and she has so much potential on her own. So yeah, will be interesting to know what will be disclosed about Asajj.

By the end, a bit out of topic, but sucked the way Dooku died...it would be so much fun if it would have been killed in some kind of trap/backstab/show of superiority way...and this would have been great in the EU. But oh well

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The hair confused me at first. I thought this is going to be set after the Clone wars, but then I've read this from multiple sources: "new novel featuring unfinished scripts from Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

It's all the same for me though. I'll decide whether to read it or not, after it comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:03 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I thought this is going to be set after the Clone wars, but then I've read this from multiple sources: "new novel featuring unfinished scripts from Star Wars: The Clone Wars."

The unfinished scripts would presumably come after "The Clone Wars" as a series as the episodes have been airing in order since part way through season 3. It's probably just a weird thing with word choice.

"WHERE'S THE FIRE?! I've always loved that expression, which is curious since my lab assistant was killed in a fire."
- Walter Bishop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I am all about this one, Ventress is a great character. I don't know enough about Voss to really care much his way. The hair looks like the scenes in the CW when they showed her back story. Hopefully this isn't a sneaky middle of her life story, I want to see what's going on in her life post CW. Voss makes sense if it is an early "Dark Times" story.....even though him surviving 66 isn't canon anymore?

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 1