Coruscant Nights Trilogy Discussion: Spoilers Allowed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's okay Mara Jade, I too was confused by this guy. not to mention his panic attacks around Vader were getting on my nerves! I actually think the pacing on this book was really good, and not the frantic pace of LotF. I believe that I was ready for a step away from the Skywalkers and Solos for a bit. This did quite nicely!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quote  

I'm guessing the tusks are hidden inside their nostrils thus non-visible. Just an odd little thing for the author to throw. As far as I know, this if the first the tusks were mentioned.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Not Yet
 PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I haven't even picked up the first book yet. Finances are a little tight right now so I'll have to get it from a library or something. The only books for SW I can think of really wanting right now are Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor (because of Stover) and Millennium Falcon (because of Luceno). Other than that, the others will have to wait, but I think I'm getting off subject here. Feel free to continue Very Happy

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:35 am Reply with quote  

Well the next one in the series should be out today. I enjoyed the first one so I'll probably pick up sequel. Two things bugged me with the first one though.
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Beyond that though, I liked it.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

What bugged me was
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
-The Code of the Sith

In mourning . . . Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote  

I'm thinking secret apprentice...I'm pretty sure he's not out for revenge.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Maybe Vader thinks Jax may know where Obi-Wan is? I plan on picking up the 2nd book tomorrow, as for Xizor, I never liked the guy, too bad he'll be around for 20 more years and get to be in charge of Black Sun, only to get blasted to atoms by Vader's Star Destroyer! Twisted Evil The people I met back in the Medstar series, I enjoyed seeing; the others, not so much. It still is a pretty good story, and proves that you don't have to include the people in the movies to make a good story.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:09 am Reply with quote  

The whole droid in society subplot was very interesting. I've always liked that unexplored element myself. There are so many of them in the galaxy and there borderline sentience raises many questions on what rights they deserve and how they should be treated.

Someday, keeping my fingers crossed for this one, I want to read a book on the Droid Uprising instigated by the original HK droid. That would be awesome Cool

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:11 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. That would be really interesting to read!

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Darth Skuldren wrote:
The whole droid in society subplot was very interesting. I've always liked that unexplored element myself. There are so many of them in the galaxy and there borderline sentience raises many questions on what rights they deserve and how they should be treated.

Someday, keeping my fingers crossed for this one, I want to read a book on the Droid Uprising instigated by the original HK droid. That would be awesome Cool

What time period did this happen?

Anyway, I finished the second book yesterday, and all I have to say is.....Sheesh, it ain't easy being a Jedi during the dawn of the Empire! And all the sub-plots mentioned in the first book? They only get furthered in the second! Now, in my opinion, that's not a bad thing; it just has me in a frenzy to find out what happens! The cover for the third book is just about making me froth at the mouth!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:39 am Reply with quote  

Great Droid Revolution: 4,015 BBY, 1st conflict of Old Sith Wars

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Just finished the second book.

Short spoiler free thoughts. It was good, I like where this is going. Couple of things I felt could have been better. I have to collect my thoughts before I can really get into it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:41 am Reply with quote  

I finally finished the second one as well. This one had an interesting mix of things, and even a few surprises I didn't see coming. I wonder where they are going to go with the third one and what EU villain will show up for it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
I finally finished the second one as well. This one had an interesting mix of things, and even a few surprises I didn't see coming. I wonder where they are going to go with the third one and what EU villain will show up for it?

I have been hoping for an I-5 - IG-88 showdown. Droid vs droid. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I'm moving so slow through this one that it isn't even funny. But hopefully I should finish it within the next month. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 2 of 4