Coruscant Nights Trilogy Discussion: Spoilers Allowed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coruscant Nights Trilogy Discussion: Spoilers Allowed
 PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

The Coruscant Trilogy, by Michael Reaves, is coming, so feel free to speculate and discuss all three novels here. Below are the names and release dates of the books: (Subject to change)

1.) June 24, 2008- Couruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight

2.) August 26, 2008- Coruscant Nights II: Streets Of Shadows

3.) October 28, 2008- Coruscant Nights III: Patterns Of Force

All three are paperback.

New to the forums? Introduce yourself in the Spaceport!

Need help? Please feel free to post in Feedback & Suggestions

Last edited by MasterAndrew15 on Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I'm actually really excited about these. I'd like to see what's up with Jax that we've heard so much about. And I like the stories of the Jedi who had to run. I think that's an era that can be very explored. Not all the Jedi could have been killed, but what happened to them?

And not that it matters too much, but I see two typos in the above post: Isn't it 'Patterns of Force'? Not 'the Force'. And Reaves is spelled wrong I think. Just thought I'd mention it. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Not all the Jedi could have been killed, but what happened to them?

This question has kinda been answered before, but it's always been unsatisfactory; the Dark Time comics, hopefully, will really help explain how Vader destroyed the Jedi, not his minions.

Quote:
Isn't it 'Patterns of Force'? Not 'the Force'. And Reaves is spelled wrong I think. Just thought I'd mention it

I did mess up Reaves, but, after checking a few sources, all say Patterns Of The Force.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Oh, okay. I was just remembering from some time previously that I read it, and Wookieepedia says the same. But then they aren't always right. Smile

And I meant I like to see the stories of the individual Jedi and what they did to hide, run, fight, whatever.

Edit: Oh, not sure, but...Random House says Patterns of Force, too. http://www.randomhouse.com/gm/results.pperl?title_subtitle_auth_isbn=coruscant+nights Not trying to argue, just wondering which is correct! Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

If Random House has it, I'm assuming it's right... I like "Of," but it's not my call.

I know what you're saying. I always like seeing detailed stories; something like The Tales Of The Jedi Order would thrill me. I want to see more of Vader's thoughts, like in Dark Lord.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
If Random House has it, I'm assuming it's right... I like "Of," but it's not my call.

Whatcha mean? You like the capital 'O'? Or...did you mean to say 'the'? Just wondering. Smile

Hey, and Tales of the Jedi Order would be awesome! And I do like to read Vader's thoughts. The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader was pretty good concerning that. It didn't delve too deep, but there was a little bit, anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Quote:
Whatcha mean? You like the capital 'O'? Or...did you mean to say 'the'? Just wondering

"The;" a capitalized 'O' is grammatically incorrect, but I do like it for some reason.. But, enough with the grammar Wink

Quote:
It didn't delve too deep, but there was a little bit, anyway

Yeah. It also went into the minds of "fugitive" Jedi, which is cool.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:22 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I can't wait for the series! I really hope to see I-5's more lethal upgrades. I normally don't get too interested in a droid's perspective in a story, but I-5 has really stoked my interest. I hope that Jax is all that I imagined him to be, and i would love to read his reaction to his father's fate. It may have been explored in The Last of The Jedi series, but I didn't pick that one up...shame on me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:39 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Still struggling through Jedi Twilight. Well...not quite struggling anymore. But it took me awhile to get off the ground with it. I was running to M-W.com every few minutes to look up a word I didn't know the meaning to (that was quite annoying, as I rarely have that problem) and I also felt like the plot just was not headed anywhere. We were being introduced to new characters (who seemed to have no apparent significance for more than half the book) for over 100 pages. Now, finally, in the last 50-75 pages (I'm on 230), it has seemed to start going somwhere. Don't get me wrong, it's been very well written the whole time, it's just that the plot seemed hung up on too many details. And Jax is at present an annoying little brat. I'm hoping he changes soon enough, because I was really, really looking forward to his character! I'm really enjoying I-Five, though. He's great! And I believe that now that we've finally dispensed with the too many introductions to different characters, the trilogy will only get much better. Because Jedi Twilight itself has been doing so, as I previously mentioned.

There, I believe that was in the correct thread this time. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I liked the first book - which was introduction material. The thing I liked the most about the book is how well it captured the dark times. I definitely got the sense that it was desperate times.

The whole concept of the Jedi Paladin was also interesting - helps introduce that western feel. I am definitely looking forward to the next book. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

comanderbly wrote:
I liked the first book - which was introduction material. The thing I liked the most about the book is how well it captured the dark times. I definitely got the sense that it was desperate times.

The whole concept of the Jedi Paladin was also interesting - helps introduce that western feel. I am definitely looking forward to the next book. Smile

You hit it right on the nose, comanderbly. I am also looking forward to the next book. It was kind of messed up that I-5 was a better "person" than Jax, but I guess we're all human and make some mistakes. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote  

I haven't finished it, I'm about a third of the way through, but so far I'm really liking it. The characters are very enjoyable and I like the imagery of Corscant's underlevels. Plus I'm really hyped about Kaird going against Xizor, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they won't kill him. (I won't the bird man to make it home Very Happy )

And the Elom guy who serves Vader, I'm really enjoying the detailed descriptions of his species. Multiple heart beats, ear hair, nose tusks...funny stuff. Oh, and the gang names: The Manglers, the Purple Zombies = great. And I always like a Hutt.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Here's what confused me about the Elom guy...they kept talking about his tusks, but supposedly this is what an Elom looks like:

Hmm...nevermind. The pictures have been corrected. Guess I wasn't the only one who was confused! Smile

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quote  

Actually he's an Elomin. Here's one of his kind...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ah, see...that's where I was confused. He's an Elomin. But they don't appear to have tusks. It's the Elom dudes that have the nose tusks. Sooo...I was quite confused. Confused

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 4