Coruscant Nights Trilogy Discussion: Spoilers Allowed
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:12 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This may sound picky, but I really am curious. The third book is Patterns of Force, not Patterns of the Force. This seems to be a common misconception. But I'm really curious as to why it's written as such...does it mean something different than if it were Patterns of the Force?

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote  

I'm thinking it has more to do with sides of the Civil War than with the Force. Jax and Vader are the only two Force users left. Everyone else isn't Force sensitive. Maybe something to do with the trend of a powerful government, patterns of force, something changing in the Imperial regime.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:29 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Jax and Vader are the only two Force users left.

Well, there was a very interesting side story that does seem like it will spread its roots in the final book. I'm anxious for the next one, whatever the title of it is Smile

"Then you saved my life. How disgusting. How unfortunate."
"No, don't gush on so. It was nothing, really."

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote  

Well I've finished this one so now I'm in waiting mode as usual...

Initial thoughts: I thought this was a fun little novel. Like the others, it was an enjoyable adventure. But looking at this one and the other three as a collective story, there really isn't much other than it being an enjoyable tale.

Now for spoilers
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Will be starting on this one this weekend, hoping for some resolution.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:48 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

I actually enjoyed this one the most out of the trilogy. I thought it was much better than the other two, though it may simply be that it was also the conclusion. It did nothing definitive, nothing monumental, nothing that will alter the fate of the universe, but it was an entertaining little filler story. And Patterns of Force definitely helped me enjoy the trilogy as a whole.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Overall, good little side story.

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

I-5
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

I-5 ended up being my favorite character. I would certainly buy a stand alone E.U. novel.. or three.. with him as the central character in his own adventures...no matter who they surround him with. Just not Den.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 4 of 4