My Book Prologue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
My Book Prologue
 PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Ladies and gentlemen this is a very unpolished-as-of-now prologue to my book. There is more, but I think I will wait for posting that. There is a lot of myself in this story, and it will not be an easy read but I have finally gotten all of my research together and got everything ready to go. I decided to go with a prologue set at the end of the story as that is a trademark in my short stories and I went ahead and kept it for this. There is a little violence but no language and keep in mind, I have not edited this into something I would send for publication yet so its rough and not well written. Nonetheless, you guys are people I trust for honest feedback so let me know. Remember, not on the grammar as its not polished, just the story. You guys are the best, and I hope you enjoy Smile

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, Caedus, congratz on getting started! That's the step I always got stuck on. Wink

I'll read this sometime today, soon as I get a chance, and will let you know what I think. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:58 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent, Caedus! This is really excellent! I was very intrigued to start with, and am even more so now that I've finished. If this pertains to the idea you shared with us several months back, I'm guessing at what's going on. Whether I've got it right or wrong, though, it's very captivating. Smile

Oh, and great little touch there with the music player. Made me smile. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:00 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Haha I'm glad you enjoyed it and YES! It IS a prologue for the story I shared with you guys before! And yes, god has a music player Wink That entire part of the story is something left up to the reader to interpret so it can be a quirk of God's or it can be an odd twist of Jacob's imagination, whatever you like Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:20 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The beginning reminds me of WALL-E. Wink

I like it! Showing earthly imortality in a negative light is a neat concept. I'd definitley read it, even if it wasn't written by you. Smile

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:
The beginning reminds me of WALL-E. Wink

I like it! Showing earthly imortality in a negative light is a neat concept. I'd definitley read it, even if it wasn't written by you. Smile

Haha I took some of the imagery from post-nuclear film from the 40's and 50's but I guess WALL-E would be apt as well, but its not from pollution Wink And thanks Reep! I plan on posting the first chronological chapter within a week or so. I'm excited and I'm glad you're reading Smile Eventually I'll be moving it all to a blog and you guys will be able to access it there.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:31 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Awesome. I'll be looking forward to it. Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:45 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Alright ladies and gentlemen, I have moved the story to a blog. The prologue is there and as promised I'll be posting the other chapters there as well as they develop. I will continue to use this thread to let you know when they're up. Enjoy and please read!! Very Happy

staindsol16.blog.com

again, enjoy Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:50 pm Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Sounds great, Caedus! Will keep an eye on it. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Found it! I had to hunt this thread down!!! I rewrote the prologue and am looking for people to comment on it. I may wind up combining the prologues. I finally got time to write and I worked on it, so read and let me know what you think in comparison!!!

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

The second one's an improvement. It has more breathing room and the writing seems overall improved. Well done! This is a book I would totally read.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

The beginning of the second paragraph says 'relieved' instead of 'relived' (I'm assuming). That's really the only problem I have with the prologue: one typo! Phenomenal work, Caedus! Really interesting stuff you have, there.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
The beginning of the second paragraph says 'relieved' instead of 'relived' (I'm assuming). That's really the only problem I have with the prologue: one typo! Phenomenal work, Caedus! Really interesting stuff you have, there.

NOOOO!!! Blasted typos!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 1 of 1