Cool Star Wars Figures
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:25 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Caedus_16 wrote:
When did a bloody Nom Anor figure come out!? This guy is everywhere!!

Doesn't that just tick ya off? I mean where I live Quinlan Vos is everywhere, but K'Kruhk, Jacen, Jaina, Nom Anor- nothing.

I wish they would stock nationally better at stores. This is bunk when hard to find figures are all sent to one or two cities. I have a friend in Vegas who never has a hard time finding a character.

So envious. Laughing

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-To become a Jedi, it is not the Force one must learn to control but oneself.
-
-Podcasts: Star Wars Beyond the Films, The Star Wars Report, & EUCast

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Bahahaha. Didn't even notice that one. Someone else pointed out the logo mistake on her helmet, as well. Ah, well. It's a pretty nice statue all the same.

What mistake? I mean she could have been wearing an "old vintage helmet" Or am I missing something?

-Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass.
-
-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

It's got the old Rebel Alliance insignia, instead of the New Republic one (blue crest with stars). I'm not too bothered about that. When she was in Rogue Squadron (I'm presuming this is when the statue is dated), it was during the YV war, and so I figured supplies would be running low, and she'd just picked up an old one. Maybe it was a hand-me-down from Luke?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Corellias Dream wrote:
I'm slightly boggled by how far apart her breasts are - they're practically under her armpits.

Maybe she forgot to turn on the inertial compensator on her X-wing?
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:15 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
Maybe she forgot to turn on the inertial compensator on her X-wing?

*snickers* Kay, that was funny. Wink

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

Doesn't that just tick ya off? I mean where I live Quinlan Vos is everywhere, but K'Kruhk, Jacen, Jaina, Nom Anor- nothing.

I wish they would stock nationally better at stores. This is bunk when hard to find figures are all sent to one or two cities. I have a friend in Vegas who never has a hard time finding a character.

So envious. Laughing

I know!!!! I haven't seen a Malgus, Nom Anor, Shae Visla, or Bastilla. I never saw any Jaina, Jacen, K'Kruhk, or TFU Shaak Ti. It seems they want to make these figures ebay specials where people can rip each other off.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Mad Wook wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

So envious. Laughing

I know!!!! I haven't seen a Malgus, Nom Anor, Shae Visla, or Bastilla. I never saw any Jaina, Jacen, K'Kruhk, or TFU Shaak Ti. It seems they want to make these figures ebay specials where people can rip each other off.

Ditto I'd have dropped coin on all. I'm a sucker for EU

-
-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Mad Wook wrote:
illogicalRogue2 wrote:
Caedus_16 wrote:

So envious. Laughing

Ditto I'd have dropped coin on all. I'm a sucker for EU

Yeah that's actually my favorite part of my action figure collection is having as many non-movie characters as possible. Revan, Malak, Bane, Nihilus, Mandalore, the Dark Woman, A'Sharad, Krayt, Talon, Cade, Tsui Choi, Shira, Lumiya, Delta Squad, etc.. They're still in the minority compared to the rest, of course, but my favorites none the less.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:17 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Some of these figures are starting to show up in Target but, there is a distribution problem with the VC and TCW waves in the brick and morter stores. Some stores will not order the new waves unless TPM waves sell out according to one Target manager.

On-line there doesn't seem to be as much of an issue.

If you are looking for diorama/custom fodder, Walmart still has some figures from past years for $4.

Hoping against hope that I can find Tarkin and Malgus.

"Vote for Papa Palpatine".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote  

I have nearly completed the cantina bar (not the scene, but the bar) with my latest purchase.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote  

There's some new Darth Vader figures coming out.

Play Arts Kai Darth Vader

Kaiyodo Revoltech Darth Vader

Sources: CollectionDX, ToyArk

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » Collecting

Page 2 of 2