Darth Plagueis Novel by James Luceno
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darth Plagueis Novel by James Luceno
 PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

NJOE is reporting that there is now a listing for the book on our book supplier’s database. James Luceno-penned novel, Darth Plagueis, (EDIT) December 27th, 2011.

This is a major rumor, as old, cancelled books have been known to show up in the listing for whatever reason, without ever being published. However, the only thing that helps this rumor get along is Sue's recent message. In announcing that Imperial Commando II is gone, Sue also said that they were going to replace it with a paperback that the fans have been wanting for a long time....

Thoughts?

UPDATE: Some clever person on the official Star Wars forums points out that this is the exact date that ImpCom2 was set to release...

Last edited by Old Master Ben on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am; edited 4 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It's certainly not something I want, and especially not in place of ImpCom2. Evil or Very Mad

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:44 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I wouldn't picture it as taking the place of it, as in "We want this novel, so that means we can't do IC2." I think it's more along the lines of "We can't/don't want to do IC2, so we need to fill that spot on the publishing calendar. Let's do the Plagueis novel."

But I agree - they shouldn't do this. Keep it a secret!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Am I the only one who finds Palpatine interesting enough to want to learn more of him?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I'd love a Palpatine novel. Just not a Plagueis one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Old Master Ben wrote:
Oh, I'd love a Palpatine novel. Just not a Plagueis one.

It could wind up being as good as the Bane books though...do we really want to not try it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

It ruins the mystery! Just look at Darth Vader. People loved him until they knew his story. Then they saw him as a whiny pathetic puppet. No more awesomeness. Sad

Or at least not in general. I still love Vader. Smile

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:01 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, I disagree Mara. I think the majority still view Vader as awesome and evil. I think people tend to separate Anakin and Vader. They see Anakin as a whiny pathetic puppet, yes, but Vader?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Hmm...perhaps. But I guess I heard that a few times and just figured his iconic view had fallen. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

See if Hayden Christiansen had been a better actor I would have seen Anakin as a tragic hero, which would have made Vader more interesting than he already was. But to discover that Vader was simply a diminished form of Anakin was kind of disillusioning

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Ha, well at least you can say Luke got the whining honestly...Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

This is starting to get way off topic (don't ban me, mods), but did you hear that Leonardo DiCaprio was asked by George Lucas to do Anakin Skywalker? This just came out - apparently he was asked to do Spiderman as well. But he didn't feel ready for these roles. Can you picture him over Hayden?
Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: Sitting in front of a fireplace on Naboo exchanging pathetic dialogue with Anakin

*sigh* More bashing of my second favorite character. I suppose I should be used to it by now. Wink Anyway, I don't really want a Plagueis book. I prefer him to be shrouded in mystery.

So this is how liberty dies....with thunderous applause.

Those without swords can still die upon them

The world is a mess and I just need to rule it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I want to see this book because of its connection to Sidious and because I really enjoy the Sith - centered books like Darth Bane. There is a lot of great character exploration that does on during one's fall to the dark side.

As for the mystery behind Sidious, well I look at what they did with Darth Bane and say go for it. I also loved what Luceno did with Rise of the Dark Lord. He stayed true to the menacing - evil nature of Darth Vader and actually added to the character in my opinion.

I am ready to say go for it, and if it goes bad don't make a Darth Sidious follow up book. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote  
Administrator
Administrator

Old Master Ben wrote:
This is starting to get way off topic (don't ban me, mods), but did you hear that Leonardo DiCaprio was asked by George Lucas to do Anakin Skywalker? This just came out - apparently he was asked to do Spiderman as well. But he didn't feel ready for these roles. Can you picture him over Hayden?
Shocked

Shocked

Count your blessings, count your blessings!

Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 34