The Walking Dead Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:58 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Interesting, I had pretty much the exact opposite opinion.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote  

The Daryl-Beth focus was alright. I wouldn't want to see anymore, but it's good to get a highlight of the characters. I do like it when the episodes focus on a specific character for the whole show. I also give them props for having Daryl be a mean drunk. You don't see that very often unless it's a LMN tv movie.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I just watched "Live Bait". It was by far my favourite episode of Season 4 so far and one of my favourites of the series. It's also the first episode this season I watched in one sitting. This season hasn't been gripping me as much as the previous three, so I've picked up the habit of watching half an episode at a time.

Random question about Season 3:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:15 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Because she knows that he sucks and he's trying to control everyone, especially Andrea. And he's a hypocrite keeping his own zombie while using zombie attacks as the justification for everything he does.

Wasn't it because of him that she had to kill her zombie companions? Later it will reveal her backstory and who they were, but I think maybe that was part of her evening the score with him.

I think it was more just a dynamic of making Andrea have to choose between the two of them and so making it that those two would never accept each other.

I know that a lot of people didn't like Michonne in that season and her mistrust of the governor. But why should she or we as the audience have trusted him? I think it's because Rick is the favorite of so many people and their inherent belief in authority. I view the governor as the opposite side of the coin for Rick and what Rick could have become if he stuck to being the leader. The old idea about power corrupting.
The absurd man thus catches sight of a burning and frigid, transparent and limited universe in which nothing is possible but everything is given, and beyond which all is collapse and nothingness. He can then decide to accept such a universe and draw from it his strength, his refusal to hope, and the unyielding evidence of a life without consolation.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Yeah, I still don't see it.

Michonne was mistrustful of the Governor, but she had no proof whatsoever that he was as depraved as he's later revealed to be. Her uncanny insight came across as Mary Sue-ish to me. Fine, she knows he's a hypocrite, but killing his "daughter" and gouging his eye out was a bit extreme, don't you think?

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It's in her character to be suspicious. That's not odd. She didn't trust Rick's group at first either.

She thought the governor's story about what happened to the military dudes was fishy and so she investigated and found out that she was right. Then when she tried to leave he sent Meryl to kill her. She probably wanted revenge against him for that and figured that he had brainwashed Andrea and killing him was the only way. Remember that eventually even Andrea wanted to kill him. Milton wanted to kill him. Pretty much everyone who really knew him wanted to kill him.

She thought that the governor was keeping a living person captive. When she saw it was a zombie kid she freaked out, for any number of logical reasons. I don't think I really need to name them. I also don't think she did it just to hurt the governor, that doesn't seem like her.

I don't think it's extreme or unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:14 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
She thought the governor's story about what happened to the military dudes was fishy and so she investigated and found out that she was right. Then when she tried to leave he sent Meryl to kill her. She probably wanted revenge against him for that and figured that he had brainwashed Andrea and killing him was the only way. Remember that eventually even Andrea wanted to kill him. Milton wanted to kill him. Pretty much everyone who really knew him wanted to kill him.

Oh was that after the Governor sent Merl to kill her? That would make a difference. I've only seen the episode once, so I thought that was after. I'll have to focus on this if/when I re-watch the show.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Finished "Too Far Gone", now my favourite episode of Season 4.

Wow. What an episode! And I take back everything I said about Michonne.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So about "The Grove" episode.

As shocking as the episode was, there is something else that bugs me. Did anyone here ever play Fallout 1? The way I see it, this episode seemed to be a total monumet to it from the "Maybe" intro onwards. I may be just seeing references where there are none though. Confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Brief thoughts on...

"After": Carl was such a jerk in this episode. I half-wanted the zombies to eat him.

and

"Inmates": Carol is back! But what is with people leaving children out of sight in this show? I facepalm every time.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote  

@Hogy: Been a while since I've played Fallout, so I can't remember the reference. I did enjoy the episode though. So tragic and so perfect. Real emotional punch to the gut. I missed it last weekend so I caught up yesterday with the re-run.

And now moving on to the latest episode...

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I, like 1337Jedi, really liked the Daryl/Beth episode. Naturally, I have mixed feelings on "The Grove". It was really well done, excellent character development etc. but... dang.

I'm (almost) caught up!

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:15 pm Reply with quote  

I know! Man, that twist the story takes...it's so visceral and shocking. You just stare at the tv dumbfounded. No happy ending on that episode.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ Especially considering how triumphant the ending of the last episode felt (Beth and Daryl flipping off the burning cottage).

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:49 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Darth Skuldren wrote:
No happy ending on that episode.

I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 9 of 12