The Walking Dead Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:42 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I haven't commented on this in a while. I started off hating this season, I was pretty well done with the show, but it got better and better each episode. At the mid season finale I was actually excited for the show to come back in a way I haven't been for years now.

This seems to be a trend with people who watch TWD. Being on the verge of giving it up and then getting back into it. Almost everyone I talk to says they have a love/hate relationship with the show. We just can't let it go. Razz

Dog-Poop_Walker wrote:
I don't think it's right to characterize Morgan as a guy who flips between good and bad. He was never bad. He had a total psychotic breakdown, the he found a means to cope with it. The trauma he has just endured triggered him back to his previous state. That doesn't mean he was wrong, just that he needs to return to his system of mental well being, or find out that he doesn't have to refrain from killing, he just needs to find some other way to cope with it.

That has been the parallel between himself and Carol, and really the whole theme of the season: You can't solve your problems by avoidance.

Honestly, I can see that. I've never agreed with Morgan's philosophy and I can see it being a way to run from responsibility... I just wish "Here's Not Here" hadn't been so dang beautiful. I want that episode to mean something.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:02 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

TWD does have some of the best developed characters on TV. Which is what makes it even more annoying when they just drop them.

I think that at least Sasha or Rosita are going to get killed off. Eugene can go, but I don't know if they will do that.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:23 pm Reply with quote  

Okay, at this point, I'm only watching the show because I've invested so much time in watching it, I'm going to watch it to the end. But yeah, at this point the only character I care about as Negan, and that doesn't make any sense since he is the badguy. I should not be rooting for the badguy, but that shows how bad the writing has gotten for everyone else. The good guys are just making dumb decisions every episode.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I've never "liked" Negan, but his conflict is the most interesting part of the show. That's the problem. The writers know that and so they are trying to sustain it as long as possible, which weakens every other part of the show, especially the people who are supposed to be the protagonists.

I don't think this season has surpassed or equaled the worst seasons, but it needs to improve. The only episode that I really hated was the last one, with Eugene. Unless you just really like Eugene, that was pure filler.
Spread out all around us is a petrified world, a world of Things, where we ourselves, our gestures, and even our feelings figure in as Things. Nothing can belong to us as truly our own in such a landscape of death. Under commodity occupation the most concrete truth about everything is the truth of it's infinite replaceablity.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:40 pm Reply with quote  

The mid-season finale was entertaining and interesting, but it was nothing all that shocking, certainly not up to the hype they were pushing.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I haven't seen the mid-season finale yet, but yeah, this show has really taken a nose-dive. It's a shame because, although they definitely weren't perfect, I really enjoyed seasons 1-5. It deserved to have an actual ending instead of just being run into the ground.

The writers clearly don't know what to do with the long-standing characters anymore instead of flipping them back and forth. Rick went from a good man to a man who will do pretty much anything to survive and now he's apparently regained his moral compass. Daryl went from being a jerk to a good person and now he's becoming a jerk again. Carol went from meek and submissive to being a badass to becoming disillusioned of being a badass and now she's a badass again. And the new characters I just don't care about because I know they're going to die soon.

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 17 of 17