Release Schedule Question
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Release Schedule Question
 PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I couldn't find a general discussion thread here (hopefully not from an oversight) so I thought I'd burn a question asking the following:

For thos of you who were members on TOS, you may remember we had an "upcomming releases" thread. I know that EUC maintains a list of many of the upcomming EU materials, but the old TOS thread included a link that I have lost and would like to find again.

It was to a fan-made list of all upcoming product (books, comics, television shows, comic packs from hasbro etc) and included writeups and descriptions of the products in addition to titles and dates. It was predominantly black text on a baby-blue background ordered by month and was VERY extensive usually covering two years in advance.

I don't remember where it was or who maintained it, and I can't find it for the life of me through google. Anyone happen to still have the link, or know where I might find it?

Thanks in advance.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:36 am Reply with quote  
EUC Staff
EUC Staff

Well, the EUC main site has got a release schedule page - here

You shall learn that history is an intricate weaving of many events. No one thing can be understood without the proper context.

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:26 pm Reply with quote  

Was it this? (Reader's Timeline)

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:19 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

EUC one is definitely useful for dates (I have it bookmarked), but sadly not quite what I'm looking for.

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Similar layout actually, but no. It was products sorted by upcoming release date. '

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:24 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
EUC one is definitely useful for dates (I have it bookmarked), but sadly not quite what I'm looking for.

Darth Skuldren wrote:

Similar layout actually, but no. It was products sorted by upcoming release date. '

Wookiepedia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:35 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

darth henning, I remember the site you are talking about. extremely comprehensive. Unfortunately I have also lost the link as my work computer crashed and that link went with it.

My only recollection is the guy at TOS(boy i miss those forums) went by Eddie. When I bookmarked the link, it saved simply as Sources. I don't know if using any combo of Eddie, Sources and or something star wars will help. If so, post it here.

I rarely post here(or anywhere sw related) anymore. No particular reason, just felt way out of the conversations after not saying much for a while. I guess it started when TOS went down. Up till then I frequently posted there and on this site. I miss the SW conversations.

What I would REALLY like to know is what is going on after FOTJ(besides that little sw insider thing). I mean, it didn't take too long after LOTF to start announcing what was coming next. Anyone have any clues?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

There's been a couple announcements for upcoming books. An X-wing book, a Han Solo book set during the OT, and another Old Republic book, but as far as I know there hasn't been anything said about the "grand plan" for a new series.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:58 am Reply with quote  

They keep hinting the news will come out soon.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:56 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Soon-soon, or CVI soon?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it (or even read all of it). These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:53 pm Reply with quote  

Soon as in pick up the magic 8 ball and "please try again" soon. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:53 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

kurtdc wrote:
darth henning, I remember the site you are talking about. extremely comprehensive. Unfortunately I have also lost the link as my work computer crashed and that link went with it.

My only recollection is the guy at TOS(boy i miss those forums) went by Eddie. When I bookmarked the link, it saved simply as Sources. I don't know if using any combo of Eddie, Sources and or something star wars will help. If so, post it here.

I rarely post here(or anywhere sw related) anymore. No particular reason, just felt way out of the conversations after not saying much for a while. I guess it started when TOS went down. Up till then I frequently posted there and on this site. I miss the SW conversations.

What I would REALLY like to know is what is going on after FOTJ(besides that little sw insider thing). I mean, it didn't take too long after LOTF to start announcing what was coming next. Anyone have any clues?

well, on the bright side I'm not the only one who remembered that one.

when TOS went down my star wars forum time also nosedived (though it did somewhat before that too). if I can find it, I'll let you (and everyone else) know.

I think FOTJ was planned much earlier than we thought. It was announced only 3 months after Invincible was published, so I think it will be closer to 6 months before we find out what is coming next this time as its a new contract, with a new chief editor, and a new direction.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

kurtdc wrote:

THANK YOU KURTDC!!!!

With enough fiddling with Eddie, Star Wars and a half dozen other search terms I found exactly what I was looking for!!

(and some other rather awesome stuff on his site).

Release Schedule (which I suggest you all take a look at)

http://www.starwarstimeline.com/cgi-data/bac%20rs%201%20-%20complete.htm

and Overall site

http://www.starwarstimeline.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:18 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Wow, your the man. I made an attempt myself and didn't find it. Great find. Sure enough I've never seen something as comprehensive as that site.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I have to say, looking at it bums me out a little. For a while we were getting a new novel a month, only once in a while missing a month. After scourge there is nothing new for a while.

I've been reading other stuff(true crime stuff, mob related stories, biographies) and re-reading some sw stuff, but I miss the steady stream of new novels.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

kurtdc wrote:
I have to say, looking at it bums me out a little. For a while we were getting a new novel a month, only once in a while missing a month. After scourge there is nothing new for a while.

I've been reading other stuff(true crime stuff, mob related stories, biographies) and re-reading some sw stuff, but I miss the steady stream of new novels.

I noticed that too.

A few years ago, I remember that the page was 2-3 times that length. Now...its almost a shadow of itself. Hopefully that will change now that the new contract is starting.

Though I'm always going to miss Sue, no matter how good the new woman is, simply because we no longer have that VIP thread on TOS.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 2