How many Seasons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
How many Seasons
 PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:57 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

How many seasons do you think there will be?
I have a feeling that they will stop in the year 2014 when ROTS comes out in3-D.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Probably. They should stop after 5 seasons, hopefully will stop after 6, but will probably bury it in the ground after 7 or 8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Probably until the live action show is doable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote  

They're certainly working into season 6, but I haven't heard anything about a season 7 yet. With the show being successful and no movement yet on the live action tv show, chances are good they'll keep going.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Location: Planet Spacoid, (if you look it up on facebook, you will find it)

Mad Wook wrote:
Probably. They should stop after 5 seasons, hopefully will stop after 6, but will probably bury it in the ground after 7 or 8.

I believe that they will stop after 7 or 8 seasons.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:15 am Reply with quote  
Padawan
Padawan

Hogy wrote:
Probably until the live action show is doable.
I think this is right. What happened to push back the LA is why I think the 6th season was added. I'm still hoping for an Order 66 movie at the end of 6. Lucas is working on a new generation of fans. So there needs to be a flow of something new coming out to keep them involved. The reasons for the 6th season are more about them then the older fans.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hopefully they realize they have to stop after Season 6.

I've been doing the math on how long each book, comic, TV show etc takes in terms of action depicted. Allowing even a few days between each one that cannot overlap (and allowing anything that doesn't use characters in another book to overlap - ie. MedStar, Shatterpoint vs. anything with Anakin/Kenobi), they're running out of room to put stuff unless they assume that people can be in two places at the same time.

5 seasons is doable, 6 is cramming it, 7 means that almost every day of the clone wars will have been chronicled in some form or another, with little time for transit between things.

Any more than that and it simply won't work.

Three years really isn't that much time to play with, unless they're going to shift Ep. II and everything before it back 1+ years (since Ep. III's date is locked in due to Luke/Leia's age in Ep. IV)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:36 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
Hopefully they realize they have to stop after Season 6.

I've been doing the math on how long each book, comic, TV show etc takes in terms of action depicted. Allowing even a few days between each one that cannot overlap (and allowing anything that doesn't use characters in another book to overlap - ie. MedStar, Shatterpoint vs. anything with Anakin/Kenobi), they're running out of room to put stuff unless they assume that people can be in two places at the same time.

5 seasons is doable, 6 is cramming it, 7 means that almost every day of the clone wars will have been chronicled in some form or another, with little time for transit between things.

Any more than that and it simply won't work.

Three years really isn't that much time to play with, unless they're going to shift Ep. II and everything before it back 1+ years (since Ep. III's date is locked in due to Luke/Leia's age in Ep. IV)

I've always thought that the show should have solely focused on characters that weren't in the films, and be an almost complete documentation of them from the Battle of Geonosis to Order 66, and maybe some beyond that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth_Henning wrote:
...(since Ep. III's date is locked in due to Luke/Leia's age in Ep. IV)

I'm not being cynical, but...how exactly does that mean the date is locked in? Even the continuity of the original films has been subject to changes here and there at a whim. I see no reason they wouldn't adjust Luke and Leia's ages if it suited their purposes. Neutral

"It's not about the legacy you leave, it's about the life you live." ~Mara Jade Skywalker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Exactly MJ. In terms of real time, the show has gone on longer than the actual length of the clone wars. Part of the movie magic and part of the cheap gimmick is that screen time and real time are not the same. You could have one season that is 12 hours of real time footage and it can span any length of time, including less than the actual running time.

If you just go totally synch with a real time ratio for screen time, then you get each season being 22 episodes at 22 minutes each, for about 8 hours per season. For three years of the Clone Wars, that's 26, 280 hours total. That means there could be 3, 280 more seasons of The Clone Wars TV show.

So there ya go, the show will continue for the next ten generations.
They have taken the hearts and minds of our leaders. They have recruited the rich and the powerful, and they have blinded us to the truth! Our human spirit is corrupted. Why do we worship greed? Because, outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us from birth to death are OUR OWNERS. They have us! They control us! They are our masters! Wake up! They’re all about you, all around you!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Mara Jade Skywalker wrote:
Darth_Henning wrote:
...(since Ep. III's date is locked in due to Luke/Leia's age in Ep. IV)

I'm not being cynical, but...how exactly does that mean the date is locked in? Even the continuity of the original films has been subject to changes here and there at a whim. I see no reason they wouldn't adjust Luke and Leia's ages if it suited their purposes. Neutral

Please don't give George ideas.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 1 of 1