Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood Ties: Boba Fett is Dead
 PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:17 am Reply with quote  

The Star Wars comic series Blood Ties continues with Boba Fett is Dead. Written by Tom Taylor and illustrated by artist Chris Scalf, Boba Fett is Dead certainly has a very interesting title. The comic will be out in April 2012.

Blurb:

Quote:
“Boba Fett is dead. The most infamous hunter in the galaxy has been hunted. He’s lying, broken, on the desert floor. He’s more blaster-holes than man. It’s the ultimate ending. However, this is just the start of our story. With the fall of Fett broadcast across the galaxy, someone rises to avenge him. But who would care about the death of a man like Fett? Bounty hunters aren’t exactly known for their enduring, close friendships but even a man like Boba Fett has family… and now a Blood Tie demands blood.”

Cover Art:

http://www.tomtaylormade.com/2011/10/boba-fett-is-dead-official-art-unveiled-and-a-teaser-to-the-story/

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

This is one question that has to be asked: do you think he's really dead?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:49 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I suppose so. From Dark Horse:

"Boba Fett is dead. The most infamous hunter in the galaxy has been hunted. He's lying, broken, on the desert floor. He's more blaster-holes than man. It's the ultimate ending. However, this is just the start of our story. With the fall of Fett broadcast across the galaxy, someone rises to avenge him. But who would care about the death of a man like Fett? Bounty hunters aren't exactly known for their enduring, close friendships but even a man like Boba Fett has family... and now a Blood Tie demands blood." -Tom Taylor

The question is if this is a series about Boba or about Mirta...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:43 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I don't think he's dead. They wouldn't drop a spoiler like that in the title would they? They'll feel my wrath if they have... Evil or Very Mad

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote  

I didn't read the first arc of Blood Ties so I might be missing out on something. Not sure when the series would be set either. But aside from Mirta, the "blood tie" could also be his sister.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Tom Taylor... you are playing a dangerous game here. Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:58 am Reply with quote  

He has to die sometime...I think Tom would do a good job of handling it. But the blurb is openly worded, it could just be that the galaxy "thinks" he's dead and this spurs his blood tie into action. Maybe Fett is doing an elaborate head game to get Mirta into action.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:05 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I actually think it's possible, given that it's in the title. What better way to guarantee sales, than to have such an eye catching title? Besides, starting off with Boba's death could actually be a great idea, if pulled off well. It's just so ... unexpected.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote  

Well let me just put this out there: I think an Ewok killed him. Laughing

But seriously, who do you think the culprit might be? An old relative of Jabba's? An Imp? A rival bounty hunter?

I kind of hope they bring back Dengar, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:18 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's not Boba Fett its Jodo Kast. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:07 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

I always assumed he'd die in the novels. I guess it is possible that they could off him in the comics. He's just as much a comic character as he is a novel character (maybe more). I still doubt it though as this is a MAJOR spoiler they would be dropping.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It makes more sense to me that Boba Fett is the type of character to die in this fashion. He's really not a character that carries a narrative, and if Boba Fett were to die as a tertiary character in a story it wouldn't have any real emotional impact. Like say he died in Apocalypse. He's not really important in that story and were he to be killed by Abeloth or a Sith or in the Imperial situation he would just be a casualty with no emotional impact.

By making the story about Boba Fett's death, in which it's known that he died before you even start reading the story, it eliminates that problem and instead focuses on the impact of his death on presumably his granddaughter or some other relative, thus giving it an emotional impact through the ramifications of his death rather than the event itself.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:13 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ It would make me sad. Sad

I think a standalone novel is the way to go with Fett's death.

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

It's just like reading Legacy when we all found out that Luke was dead. we all wanted to know how he died.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:13 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Darth Skuldren wrote:
Well let me just put this out there: I think an Ewok killed him. Laughing

But seriously, who do you think the culprit might be? An old relative of Jabba's? An Imp? A rival bounty hunter?

I kind of hope they bring back Dengar, Zuckuss, and 4-LOM.

Bossk?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Expanded Universe: Literature & Media

Page 1 of 5