Season 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:57 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
Quote:
Do we know who is voicing Palpatine this season?

For most of the season it'll still be Ian Abercrombie. Not sure who'll do the voice for the eps he didn't voice.

When I met OMB at CVI, we were talking about how cool it would be if Mark Hamill did a voice in TCW. It just dawned on me that he would probably nail the part of Palpatine! Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nice trailer. Enlightening (I hope).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

VileZero wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
That was an RC! That was an RC! THAT WAS AN RC! Eeeeeeeeeee!

Ahem. Okay. So, he doesn't look like Scorch, so it's not Delta, but it's still enough to make me squeal and do Wallace hands Razz . But from what I saw, I'm very intrigued. Some very interesting stories in the line up. Now I just need to find out when it'll be on over here.

It's a new RC named Gregor. Judging from the new trailer, it looks like he went AWOL or is waiting to be activated, because he's got a beard. and he looks generally disheveled.

Interesting, and thanks for the info. Where did you hear that?
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:02 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Life Is The Path wrote:
VileZero wrote:
Life Is The Path wrote:
That was an RC! That was an RC! THAT WAS AN RC! Eeeeeeeeeee!

Ahem. Okay. So, he doesn't look like Scorch, so it's not Delta, but it's still enough to make me squeal and do Wallace hands Razz . But from what I saw, I'm very intrigued. Some very interesting stories in the line up. Now I just need to find out when it'll be on over here.

It's a new RC named Gregor. Judging from the new trailer, it looks like he went AWOL or is waiting to be activated, because he's got a beard. and he looks generally disheveled.

Interesting, and thanks for the info. Where did you hear that?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gregor_%28clone_trooper%29

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

All I know is Sidious with twin light sabers is going to be the sickness! When i shook Ian's hand at Celebration I made a mental "Bzzzzzzz" lightning sound to myself!

"Sure I can't move a rock with my mind, but, boy can I make that rock think its been moved."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

1337Jedi wrote:
All I know is Sidious with twin light sabers is going to be the sickness! When i shook Ian's hand at Celebration I made a mental "Bzzzzzzz" lightning sound to myself!

If I ever get to meet Ian I know I will rub my shirt, or something, to accumulate as much static electricity as posible, before shaking his hand. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:39 am Reply with quote  

USA Today has an interview with Dave Filoni.

Link: http://www.usatoday.com/life/story/2012/09/18/uneasy-alliances-on-tap-for-new-season-of-clone-wars/57802736/1

I like that Tarkin will be back in season 5. Stephen Stanton has really impressed me with his degree of fandom.

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:34 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

So since we don't have an Ep. 9 thread, I might as well ask here.

How did you like the conclusion of this four parter?

I didn't like it that much my self. Not that it was that bad or anything, but it did feel a bit unnecessary to me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

It surprised me on one level: I thought Ahsoka just might die at the hands of Grievous. This is interesting because a) He's ceased being scary and a threat to the characters, for me, long ago. And b) The thought of Ahsoka dead had me in two minds. At first I almost cheered at the thought (that's a lie. I did cheer), but then I realised that I've actually grown attached to her, and appreciated her progress as a character, that I would be sad at her death.

The episode itself was decent enough. The overall arc exceeded my expectations, though. I thought it was just going to be a rather average affair of grown ups protecting kids during capers. It turned out to be a better than average affair of grown ups protecting kids during capers.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote  

There's a thread for episode 9.

http://www.eucantina.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1801

"I believe toys resonate with us as humans, we can hold them them, it's tactile, real! They are totems for our extended beliefs and imaginations. A fetish for ideas that hold as much interest and passion as old religious relics for some. We display them in our homes. They show who we are. They are signals for similar thinking people. A way we connect with each other...and I guess thats why I do toys. That connection." -Ashley Wood

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 am Reply with quote  

So, how many people like The Clone Wars' new weekend morning time slot?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:52 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^Say what? Shocked

Totally forgoten about this. Thanks.

I don't sleep much so this won't be a problem for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:59 pm Reply with quote  

I just meant the whole change from Friday nights to Saturday mornings. Personally I don't like it cause it doesn't mesh with my schedule at all and I don't have a dvr.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:25 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

If it's too inconvenient, Skuls, you can watch the complete episodes on starwars.com.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:09 am Reply with quote  

That's what I end up doing. I like how they've been putting them up pretty fast, too. In previous seasons, they were really slow about putting the episodes up on starwars.com.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Clone Wars Animated TV Series

Page 3 of 4