EUFA 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina View previous topic :: View next topic  
 PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:27 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Quote:
Looks like Holland's going home....

There's still hope!

Seriously though, if Holland goes home, I will be so disappointed... especially after being finalists in the 2010 world cup. Sad

I'm not a huge soccer follower, so I'm not sure how this works. Who makes it to the world cup? Is it the top two of every group? And what if Germany beats Denmark and the Netherlands beat Portugal. Than Germany will, of course, be in the lead, but the other teams will be tied at three. Will there be a tie-breaker of some sort?

Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

I don't think CR7 should have such a high price. I don't consider him such a good player, but just a born of marketing.

Villa has been out of game for a long time and Del Bosque let him made the choice of going now or stay in Spain. He decided to stay, because he wasn't up to the championship.

Reepicheep wrote:
Quote:

There's still hope!

Seriously though, if Holland goes home, I will be so disappointed... especially after being finalists in the 2010 world cup. Sad

I'm not a huge soccer follower, so I'm not sure how this works. Who makes it to the world cup? Is it the top two of every group? And what if Germany beats Denmark and the Netherlands beat Portugal. Than Germany will, of course, be in the lead, but the other teams will be tied at three. Will there be a tie-breaker of some sort?

Reep, it will depend of the score between the 3 teams in their match one each other. If they are still even, then it'll depend of how many goals they have (goals they have made less goals other made to them).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:37 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Don't consider him to be a good player? He's phenomenal! He's scored more goals than he's played games for Real Madrid, was our star player and driving force to win so many trophies whilst at Man Utd, and arguably is a better all-round player than Messi (Messi is amazing don't get me wrong, and is the best player in the world, but Ronaldo has much better physique and is much better in the air in addition to being exceptional in an attacking sense).
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

C'mon, he isn't that good. If he were so good, he'd as good in Portugal as in Madrid. But he suddenly isn't so good when he plays with Portugal?

Anyone who watch regulary La Liga knows why he is so good in Madrid: he'd do better in a theater.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Nedara wrote:
C'mon, he isn't that good. If he were so good, he'd as good in Portugal as in Madrid. But he suddenly isn't so good when he plays with Portugal?

Anyone who watch regulary La Liga knows why he is so good in Madrid: he'd do better in a theater.

Could say that about lots of players- Nani, Rooney, Lampard, Gerrard, Messi at times. National team on average plays what, 8 times a year roughly? It's always going to be harder playing with players you don't play with week in week out. Granted La Liga past Real and Barcelona isn't that strong, but Ronaldo was playing at a similar consistent level of performance in the Premier League. How many can say they scored 42 goals in a season in England? Not many.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nedara wrote:

Reepicheep wrote:
Quote:

There's still hope!

Reep, it will depend of the score between the 3 teams in their match one each other. If they are still even, then it'll depend of how many goals they have (goals they have made less goals other made to them).

Ah, thanks Nedara! So Holland needs to thoroughly trounce Portugal and Denmark has to be pretty much goal-less, if Holland is to stand a chance. It's a long shot, but I'll never give up hope. Wink

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:39 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Denmark only has to lose, it doesn't matter if they score, how many they score (though if they did lose by about four, that would greatly help!). Since they're up against Germany, that seems a certainty. However, since the Netherlands need a three goal lead over Portugal to jump up to second place ... well, welcome to football, Reep! You should be a Pompey fan. We're used to hoping for the highly improbable (sometimes we even make it!).
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:09 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Reepicheep wrote:

I'm not a huge soccer follower, so I'm not sure how this works. Who makes it to the world cup? Is it the top two of every group?

I'm not sure if you are asking about which european team makes it to the FIFA World Cup final tournament, but here is a simplified version:

It doesn't matter how well or bad you did in the UEFA tournament.

World cup qualifications in Europe are made of nine groups, each group has six teams in it. Winner of a group gets an automatic ticket to the world cup, while a group runner- up plays an additional match with a runner- up from another group (only best 8 out of 9 runner- ups get to play, I think). Winners of the additional matches go to the world cup. So Europe brings 9+4 teams to the WC.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:50 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^ That's a relief! I'm not sure where I heard that the Euro Cup decided whether or not you made it to the World Cup...

Thanks for the information, guys! Smile

Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter east.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:12 pm Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Not much better from England. Shocking defending on those goals, why on earth Glen Johnson is in the England side ahead of Micah Richards is beyond beggar's belief. Yet again at fault for 2 goals because he's got the positional sense of a 5 year old playing FIFA on a Playstation. Fantastic finish from Welbeck though, great improvisation.
F*** these chains
No damn slave
I will be different!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:37 pm Reply with quote  
Master
Master

^^^Twisted Evil Can't argue that.

Sweden is the first one out. 15 remain....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:45 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Hogy wrote:

The first one out was Ireland. Sweden is the second one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:21 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Location: In a galaxy far, far - No, I'm behind you! Got you! Boo!

Before the game it was said that we've never won our opening match (within a certain time period), never won against Sweden (again, in a certain time period) and never won against a host nation (within a - you get the idea). I can't help but think someone doesn't like us.
I am a Star Wars fan. That doesn't mean that I hate or love Jar Jar. That doesn't mean I hate or love Lucas, or agree or disagree 100% with him. That doesn't mean I prefer the PT over the OT, or vice versa. That doesn't mean I hate the EU, or even love all of it. These are not prerequisites. Being a man is not a prerequisite. Being a geek is not a prerequisite. The only prerequisite is that I love something about Star Wars. I am a Star Wars fan.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:01 am Reply with quote  
Master
Master

Nedara wrote:
Hogy wrote:

The first one out was Ireland. Sweden is the second one.

I forgot that Croatia already has 4 points. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote  
Knight
Knight

Life Is The Path wrote:
Before the game it was said that we've never won our opening match (within a certain time period), never won against Sweden (again, in a certain time period) and never won against a host nation (within a - you get the idea). I can't help but think someone doesn't like us.

Don't worry, Life. Rumors will end after your 1/4 final match. Either you'll win us and no one will discuss your potential or you'll lose and go home.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The EUCantina Forums Forum Index » The Mos Eisley Cantina

Page 2 of 3